Status: Done! Please comment! Working on the sequel!

Just a Girl

Just a Girl (33)

“You’re kidding me, right?” I asked, wiping my tears once again.

“No.” Rob said, his face straight.

“Rob, I can’t.” I said honestly.

“Why not?” He asked as I pulled my face away from him so I could look at him completely.

“I still have another year of High School left. I still live at home, and neither of have a steady job.” I explained.

“I know, but we can make it work.”

“I don’t think we can. Not yet anyway.” I started to smile as I spoke again. “Ask me again when I graduate.”

“I don’t know if I can wait that long though.” He whined.

“Well if you love me, you can wait.”

“Fine.” He huffed. “But I think I’ll need a kiss to tide me over.”

“Just one?” I asked.

“For now.” He replied, bringing my face closer to his before planting a soft kiss on my lips. “Now get back in your seat so we can go. I don’t think your mom would appreciate you being gone much longer.”

“But this is so comfy. Lets just stay here for a few more minutes.”

“Cara.” Rob warned.

“Okay.” I said, wiping the last of my tears from under my eyes. I wiped my make up stained hands on my already black skinny jeans. “You always find a way to make me feel better.” I told him.

“Well, it’s just my natural charm.” He chuckled, pulling on his collar arrogantly.

“That’s it.” I laughed sarcastically, crawling back into the passenger seat before snapping my seatbelt back into place. Almost as soon as we were out of the parking lot, my phone started blasting A Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds to Mars. It was an old song, I know. But that didn’t stop me from liking it. And believe it or not, my mom was the one who turned me onto them.

I dug my phone out of my pocket, pushing the ‘send’ button before pressing it to my ear.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Cara!” Nate shouted gleefully.

“Nate!” I mocked, giggling.

“It’s been so long.” He cut in after a few moments of silence. “I was just calling to tell you that we’re all going to the park on Saturday to go sledding. I was wondering if you could come.”

“I’d love to!” I squealed. “I miss you guys so much.”

“So I’ll see you there.” He confirmed. “We all going to meet up around 12.”

“Great.” I said, glancing over at Rob to see him staring at me quizzically. That sparked a thought. “Do you mind if I bring someone?” I could see Rob smirking, knowing I was talking about him.

“Not at all.” The smile was audible in his voice. “See you Saturday.” He said before hanging up.

“Who was that?” Rob asked after I put my phone away.

“An old friend.” I said, an involuntary smile creeping it’s way onto my face. “And we’re going sledding on Saturday, by the way.” I added.

“Goody.” He said, sarcasm radiating off him.

***

“Cara, could I talk to you for a second?” Señora Salas said, staring at me expectantly from her desk.

I pushed away from my desk and awkwardly walked up to hers. Was I in trouble?

“I just graded your test.” She started. Oh. “It seems your grades are slipping. I’d hate for you to have to take this class again.” She frowned. “I’d suggest you take up the next extra credit opportunity that comes along.” She put her glasses back on, leaning her head down to grade another paper. “You can go back to work now.”

“Gracias.” I said, going back to my desk and sitting down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is so short too, but at least I updated two days in a row. I know you were in suspense over the proposal. I would have continued, but I don't like to skip around that much in one chapter.

Songs of the day:
Don't Leave Me - All-American Rejects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJdV_Ox57Q

Change Your Mind - All-American Rejects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXlgUppWks