Status: really slow updates, sorry

Me and you living under a Paper Moon

Just a Daydream away

Chapter 6
When I entered my house again after finally saying goodbye to Alex, the sight in front of me was scary. There were shards all over the floor, the kitchen table was destroyed and all our family pictures were lying on the floor. The first thing that came to my mind was “Shit, someone broke into our house”. I panicked and looked around if there was still somebody in here, but after making sure I was save I started looking for my dad, but what I didn’t expect at all was for him to come up behind me and strangle me.

“Where have you been you little bitch?”

I cried out in pain as his hold on my neck grew even stronger.

“Dad, let me go, please” I managed to say, and to my surprise he complied.

“I don’t want you to hang out with your friends anymore Zoe you’re mine” he slurred.

I was utterly confused what he meant with me being his, but when his hand wandered towards my breasts my mind caught on.

“Let me go, what are you doing, you’re my father for god’s sake you can’t do that” I shouted, but he was too drunk to even care.

“He had a tight grip on me but somehow I managed to get out of his embrace, which made him even angrier and he started throwing everything he found at me. When a rather sharp object hit my head, I cried out in pain, but it was a really bad idea to stay here so I jumped out of the nearest window, which was, thank god, not too high up. Before I was completely out of the house, I told him to fuck off and that I’ll leave and never come back. It sounded good in my head until I realized that I have nowhere to stay.

‘Ali, I can’t live with my dad anymore, can I crash at yours for a few days?’

‘My grandparents are visiting, so the house is pretty much full. Sorry Zoe :(’

I sighed, this was great. “I’ll just have to sleep on a park bench or something. “ I thought.

After walking to the park, I sat down on my bed for the night and thought about how fucked up my life is. I literally don’t have any friends except for Ali, my dad is abusive, my sister is dead and I’ve never met my mom. Just as I was about to get comfortable to sleep, my phone started beeping. I took it out of the pocket and saw that it was a message from Alex.

‘I had a great time tonight, Zoe. You’re an amazing girl :) What are you doing?’

‘Me too :) Basically moved out from home, it’s a long story really. What about u?’

‘What? Why? Where are you staying, then? Just writing some lyrics.’

‘A park bench actually haha and can I read them when they’re finished?’

A few seconds after I sent that message, my phone started ringing and I immediately knew who it was.

“Zoe, what the fuck? You can’t just sleep on a park bench. Do you even realize how dangerous that is? What if somebody hurts you or steals all of your stuff? You could get killed if some psycho was out there right now!”

“Wow Alex, stop a second and take a breath, I’m okay.”

“I’m sorry you just got me really worried”

“Sorry for that, but thank you for caring”

“You’re welcome, and I’m picking you up right now. You can sleep in my hotel room as long as you don’t mind sharing a room with me and Jack”

“Alex, you don’t have to …”

“No, I want to. It’s the least I can do. I’ll be there in five”

Five minutes later, I saw Alex walking towards me. I got up and met him halfway, and when he wrapped his arms around me I broke in tears. It took me a few minutes to calm down, but it seemed like Alex didn’t mind holding me anyway.

“Come on, let’s go. It’s freezing out here, I don’t want you to get ill” he said.

We walked to the hotel, seeing as it wasn’t too far away, and I started by telling him about me and my dad’s fight earlier.

“I’m sorry you had to go through this Zoe, you don’t deserve this”

“It’s not your fault, ever since my sister died he’s changed for the worst.”

We entered the hotel and walked towards the elevator. After a few minutes, the elevator arrived and we got in. There was a weird vibe in the air as we entered the small space. He accidentally brushed my hand with his and I gasped as a spark shot through my whole body and I guess he felt it too. He looked me in the eyes and I saw his face getting closer to mine. I couldn’t wait any longer, so I leaned in all the way and our lips met. It was gentle at first, but after a few minutes the kiss got heated as our tongues explored each other’s mouth. He pressed me against the wall and my hands started roaming his chest.

Bing

The elevator arrived and the door opened, so we quickly jumped apart and left it. I couldn’t help but blush due to the events that happened not even minutes ago. He took me by surprise by reaching for my hand and he then pulled me towards his room. Before he opened the door, he looked at me again and I already knew what was about to happen. Once again, he kissed me but this time it didn’t get out of hand.

“Hello dumbass!” he shouted as we entered the room.

“What’s up dickhead?” he shouted back.

“I brought us company, do you remember Zoe? The girl I met in the park?”

Jack nodded his head and came over to hug me and I, of course, hugged back.

Alex led me over to his bed and told me that he would sleep on the couch, but I tried to convince him that I could sleep on the couch, seeing as I’m the guest.

“No Zoe, I insist that you sleep on the bed. I’m used to sleeping on the couch, don’t worry.”

I didn’t expect the sentence I said next to ever come out of my mouth, but it did anyway.

“We could also share the bed …”

“Are you sure that wouldn’t be too uncomfortable for you?”

“No, I’m okay with it, I promise”

He smiled and agreed, walking over to the closet to get ready for bed. He pulled out an oversized shirt and threw it on the bed, telling me that I could wear it. I took the shirt and walked to the ensuite bathroom to change and brush my teeth. When I walked out again, Jack was already fast asleep on the other bed and Alex was about to hop into bed. I slowly walked over to him, suddenly not as confident as before, but when he patted the space next to him and smiled, I laid down next to him, with enough space between us. After half an hour I was still wide awake because there was just so much on my mind. I thought Alex was already asleep, but suddenly I felt him moving beside me which ended up in him spooning me.

“Alex, what are you doing?” I asked, kind of confused. When I didn’t get an answer I came to the conclusion that he was probably asleep and didn’t do it on purpose, so I just got comfortable again and thought, what the hell, I might as well cuddle with Alex Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
haven't updated for a while, but i was in the mood to write this story so idk. Haven't read it a second time, so if there are any mistakes: SORRY :(