Status: In progress - COMMENTS = CHAPTERS

Double Dare

Chapter 20

After dinner everyone gathered in the living room to exchange gifts. I sat on the sofa, snuggled up to Severus. As a sort of custom, the youngest children went first, shredding the paper off their piles of presents. I rest my head on Snapes shoulder and nuzzled my face into it. He smiled down at me and squeezed my hand softly. It didn't take long for the kids to get lost under a sea of wrapping paper. Occasionally one would pop up holding a gift, very wowed by it. They finally all left the room to play with their toys in the dining room. Lucius - who was closest to the Christmas began handing out the presents. I got a lot of jewellery. Once all the gifts were opened, most of us drifted out of the room. Severus and I sat in my room; I sat cross-legged in the middle of my bed, Severus sat on the edge. Next to me was all the jewellery I'd gotten. Just then Severus leant over and held the locket Draco had given me.

"What's this?"

I smiled and took it off him.

"Draco gave it me this morning, it's me and him"

I opened it to show him the pictures. He smirked.

"Cute"

I laughed and hit his leg lightly. "Don't be mean, I like it"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug; "ok"

I smiled and snuggled up to him.

"So where will be sleeping tonight? My room or your room?"

He chuckled and kissed my cheek; "it's up to you"

"...I like my bed"

"Your bed it is"

I slid my arms round his waist, pulling him closer. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my arms softly.

"What shall we do? It's not even late?"

He shrugged and squeezed me softly; "we can do anything you like"

"Stop leaving everything to me! Make a decision man!"

He chuckled and let go of me; "I don't know...I'm not the sort of person who does things"

I rolled my eyes and got up. I wandered round my room looking for something to do, Severus watched me intently. I sat on the windowsill watching it snow outside. I could hear Snape moving about around my room. I gazed out of the window until he suddenly put his hands over my eyes. I laughed and pulled his hands off.

"What?"

He leant over my shoulder and kissed my neck; "nothing"

I reached my arms up around his neck and pulled him closer. He slid his arms round my waist. I shuffled up so he could sit behind me. We sat in a warm embrace watching it snow. I rest my head back on his shoulder; he smiled down at me and kissed my nose.

"Today's been a good day"

He nodded and gave me a soft squeeze; "of course it was"

I smiled; "...I can't wait to spend the rest of our life together"

He chuckled and kissed my forehead; "me neither"

I shuffled round slightly to face him. I rest my forehead against his and stared into his eyes.

"I love you"

He smiled and pecked me softly on the lips; "I love you too"

I pulled him into a tight hug. Just then there was a knock on the door and Draco came in.

"...Sorry if I'm interrupting"

"No, come in, what can we do for you?"

He grinned and sat on the edge of my bed; "just wanted to hang out really"

I nodded and turned my back to Severus; he wrapped his arms tightly round my waist.

"So...what are we up to?"

I shrugged; "just being newly weds...Bored of your toys?"

He laughed; "yeah...I don't really want to go ride my broom in this weather, I'll freeze"

"True..."

"So...You've been married a whole...4 hours, no regrets?"

I laughed and shook my head; "certainly not! I couldn't be happier!"

"Oh I'm sure you could"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah...You'd be happier if I left the room!"

"...I stand corrected"

Snape chuckled and kissed my neck. Draco shook his head playfully.

"I thought you loved me"

I shrugged; "meh"

He pretended to be offended; "how dare you!"

"I'm sorry...But there's only one guy for me"

Snape chuckled again whilst Draco frowned.

"Who's going to love me then?"

I grinned; "Tempest"

He gagged and glared at me; "are you trying to make me sick?"

"Don't lie Draco, I know you secretly like her"

"Yeah...Right...That's why I screamed in her face?"

I shrugged; "yeah?"

He shook his head and looked around. I smiled to myself and looked up at Severus. He smirked and kissed my cheek softly. Draco sighed loudly. I looked over at him.

"Something wrong?"

He shrugged; "nah...I'll leave you two to it..."

I nodded. He got up and left. I turned round to face Severus us and smiled meekly at him. He cupped my cheek in his hand stroked it with his thumb before pulling me into a soft kiss. I smiled and rest my forehead against his.

"Well...That killed five minutes"

He chuckled and pulled me into a hug. I sat in his arms for a while, loosing all track of time. He suddenly pushed me away and stood up. I looked up at him questionningly. He smirked and gathered me up in his arms, picking me up and carrying me to the bed. I smiled and rest my head on his shoulder. We snuggled up on the bed, just enjoying each others company.

I woke up, extremely tired and with a pair of arms loosely round my waist but locked solid. I wriggled up of Severus' grip and sat up, rubbing my head. He was sound asleep next to me and looked absolutely adorable. I smiled and slipped some of his hair behind his ear. He stirred and shifted about, moving his arms from round my legs where they'd ended up when I sat up. I slid off the bed, careful not to wake him and went over to the windowsill. It was already dark outside, but the lights in the garden reflecting off the snow illuminated the ground. I went over to one of my bookshelves and pulled down a book before settling into the windowsill to read; the glare from the lights on the snow made it easy to see the words on the page. I looked over at Severus every time he stirred. I began getting lost in my book. Something moved in the peripheral. Severus was sat up, quite contently watching me read. I smiled and rest my book down on my lap.

"Have a nice sleep?"

He nodded and got off the bed, coming over to me. He rest a hand on my shoulder and looked at what I was reading.

"How long had I been asleep?"

I shrugged; "just an hour or so longer than me"

I put my book down and shuffled about so he could sit down next to me. He slid his arms round me tightly and pulled me into him. I smiled and snuggled up to him. The large grandfather clock downstairs in the hallway began ringing; it was nine o'clock. I looked up and kissed just below his cheek. He forced a smile and returned the kiss on my forehead before pulling my head into the crook of his neck. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes. We sat like that for a while until I pulled away and looked up at him. He looked back at me and stroked my hair. I smiled quickly before kissing him deeply, catching him somewhat unprepared. He slowly slid his arms tighter round my waist. We made out until I pulled out of his grip and stood up. He smirked as I stood in front of him and grabbed his hands. He stood up too and slid his arms back round my waist, pulling me into another kiss. I wrapped my arms loosely round his neck, fingering the tips of his hair as he gently but firmly pushed me in the direction of my bed. I pulled away and smirked.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"I don't know, is it?"

I sighed and glared at him; "will you stop speaking in the interrogative?"

He laughed and pushed me down onto the bed; "if you wish"

I rolled my eyes and pulled him down next to me; "now answer my question"

He shook his head playfully; "I would if I had an answer"

"...You're useless! You know that?"

He smirked and pulled me onto his knee; "am I now?"

I nodded before he pulled me into another kiss. I pushed him down on the bed, still sat on top of him.

The next morning I woke up strangely early. Severus was lay next to me, his arm draped over my waist. I smiled to myself and rolled over to face him, burying my face in his neck. He stirred and tensed his grip around me. I closed my eyes and tried to get back to sleep, but I was too awake; despite it still being dark outside. I sighed and pulled out of his surprisingly strong grip and leant over the side of the bed to get my nightgown. I went to go have a shower, laughing to myself at the mess of clothes around the bed. When I got out of the shower he was still asleep. I smiled and got dry and dressed before sitting on the edge of the bed, watching him sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you everyone for the comments and feedback. I have a bit of a new direction for this story which will happen soon. Please continue to comment! (: