Status: In progress - COMMENTS = CHAPTERS

Double Dare

Chapter 3

I was lay on the Ravenclaw sofa watching the fire whilst Ruby and Jade yabbered on about how cute Fred and George were. Today they were on about how cute their twin babies would be. Just then Celeste came in and moved my feet so she could sit down.

“Why are you here? Not hanging with Draco?” she asked mockingly. I laughed and shook my head.

“He's seducing Tempest”

She cringed and laughed; “I still can't believe you two and doing that! You're just disgusting! Tempest isn't that bad I guess, but Snape?! Eww!”

I laughed and shrugged; “he's nice”

She looked at me sceptically.

“Did you bang your head during the summer?”

I laughed and sat up; “I like him okay?!”

“Ok...It's one thing to be doing this as a dare, but to actually like him and WANT to seduce him? You, my dear, are SICK!”

I looked over at Ruby and Jade; they hadn't noticed our conversation and were discussing baby names.

“Oh well...It's not that bad really...It's better than fancying someone like...Say, Neville?”

“Shut up! He's cute and in our year!”

“It's Neville Longbottem! He's gross!”

“What ever! Anything's better than Snape!”

“Dumbledore, Hagrid, Flitwick...Yeah, sure! At least he's not a billion and has a beard!”

She laughed; “touché, but still, it's Snape”

“Not shit Sherlock! Jesus Christ, I hadn't realised!”

She glared at me; “if you want my help you'd better be nice to me”

I laughed; “your help? Doing what?”

“I was thinking...I slip a love potion into your drink; when Snapes watching, so he has to give you the antidote whilst your slithering all over him; hopefully invoking some feelings of his own!”

I grinned; “awesome! Only, we can't use potions or spells”

“On the victims...But what about on yourselves?”

“Sometimes, I wonder why you're not in Slytherin”

She laughed; “so, you like my plan then?”

“Yeah! God it'll be funny”

“I know, I just wish I could watch”

“I know, it's a pity...When do you feel like slipping me some Amortentia?”

She shrugged; “probably best to do it when you've hung out with Snape a bit more”

“Sure thing”

The next morning I dived on Draco.

“How did your date go?”

He cringed; “awful! She's a freak! After I helped her do her homework, she got this book out on some random animal, and she just chats on and on! And her voice is annoying, and so's her giggle, and so's hi Tempest!”

I spun round; Tempest was coming over. I laughed at Draco's forced smile.

“Hey Tempest, how did your little homework session go?”

She smiled; “it was fun, you're very sweet Draco; thank you for walking me back to my common room”

Draco was still smiling; “it's no problem, like I said, you wouldn't get into as much trouble with Snape if you're with me”

“What time did you leave the library?” I asked.

“We kind of got caught up I =n our conversation and were fifteen minutes past curfew”

“Ahh, it went THAT well did it?”

She smiled again before skipping over to her friends. Draco's face went back to his scowl. I laughed and pushed him playfully.

“I thought you said it was horrible! You spent over two hours together?”

“I couldn't get her to shut up! Everytime I went to suggest we go back she started another conversation! We only left because her watch – which is fifteen minutes wrong! - went off”

I laughed; “aww, have fun with her Draco, she's special”

He glared at me as I went over to the Ravenclaw table. Celeste was trying to ignore Jade and Ruby. I laughed and sat down.

“Good morning!” I sang. She glared at me.

“How could you leave me with those two?”

“I went to check up on Draco! He had fun last night! They stayed out till past curfew”

She laughed; “really? Does he hate her?”

“Oh God yes!”

Just then Jade and Ruby went silent; we looked at them, their heads her following the movement of Fred and George. Celeste and I laughed.

“Why don't you go speak to them?” I suggested.

“And say what?” Ruby asked.

“Say, you want to prank someone and thought you'd better go to the masters; they'll be flattered”

They looked at each other.

“But who could we prank?”

I looked round; “Crabbe and Goyle?”

They grinned and began giggling to themselves about what to say.

“Oh nice one Lenore! Just set them off again!”

I laughed; “leave them be, now I need to set you and Neville up”

“Oh no! Don't you dare!”

“Why? I thought you liked him!”

“I do, but, I'd just get so much stick!”

“Nahh, I'll smooth Draco over, and the Gryffindors won't mind...It'll be fine”

She sighed and picked up some toast. After breakfast, we had DADA with Hufflepuff. I ditched Celeste to sit with Tempest. It didn't take long for us to start talking about Draco.

“I don't know...I think he's a bit, snobbish? You know?”

“Yeah...He's nice really...”

“I can see he is, I just don't think he realises the beauty of nature”

I nodded; “I can pass these messages on if you want-”

“-Oh no please don't”

“I'll keep it anonymous; y'know, tell him 'I think you need to get mucky now and then' ...y'know?”

She nodded; “you'd do that?”

“Yeah! I think you and Draco would be an adorable couple”

She smiled; “thank you”

I smirked to myself and decided to make a start on the work.

After lesson I ran to meet up with Draco. I told him everything Tempest and I had said in lesson. He pulled a face and began walking out to the courtyard.

“I'm fine the way I am, I'm not becoming nature boy!”

I laughed; “if you want to win this bet you're going to have to”

“Why are you trying to help me win this bet? Surely you should be telling her I'm an evil prick and want to kill every living thing”

“Because...This is more than just a bet, this is character building, I'm turning you into a nicer person! Plus, all I need to do to seduce Snape is wear next to nothing and lie on his desk”

He sighed and glared at me; “that's cheating”

I laughed; “how?”

He shrugged; “I don't know!”

“Well, I also happen to think that if you dated Tempest, it'd be so cute!”

He gagged; “you are gross! You fancy Snape and think I'd look good with Tempest?”

I rolled my eyes; “why does everyone think I'm insane for liking Snape?”

“Because; it's SNAPE!”

“Well done Mr Malfoy, I can see your observational skills are very good”

We span round, Snape was approaching us. I laughed at how weird it was Malfoy shouting Snape and him appearing.

“Good morning Professor” I said sweetly. He nodded.

“Morning Miss Page; Malfoy, a word?”

Draco nodded and walked off with Snape. I grinned to myself and skipped off to find Celeste. She was sat in the library with the twins.

“Thanks for ditching me in DADA!”

“Sorry, official bet business!”

She rolled her eyes; “so how's it going with Severus?”

I shrugged; “nothing special yet”

She smirked; “wait until I poison you”

I laughed; “you make it sound so sinister!”

“Well, what ever!”

Last lesson was Potions. All the people that had made Draught of Living Death wrong had to do it again; Draco and I just had to copy up notes. Snape was sat at his desk, marking papers. I stopped working and started watching him, until Draco elbowed me.

“Stop day dreaming you freak!”

I laughed and got back to work.

“Like I can help it!”

“It's unnatural!”

“It was your idea!”

He went to say something but didn't.

“Is something wrong?” Snape asked. We looked up and shook our heads.

“No sir” Draco replied.

“Well then I see no need for talking, do you?”

We nodded and got back to work. It only took me another five minutes to finish my notes so I decided to practise Snapes handwriting again. I turned to the back of the book where I'd started yesterday. Draco looked over.

“What the hell are you doing?” he whispered. I smirked.

“Snape gave me his handwriting to copy yesterday”

“...Why?”

“Told him I liked his handwriting; so he thought he'd be nice”

“Right then, whatever”

I smirked and carried on writing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Snape get up to check everyone's potions were going properly. After giving someone abuse for doing it wrong again he came over to me and Malfoy.

“Finished your notes yet?”

Draco shook his head. He looked over at me and saw me copying his handwriting.

“And have we finished?”

I nodded; “yeah”

He held his hand out. I turned my journal to where I'd written them and passed it to him. He nodded after glancing over it. He turned to the back where I'd been doing my handwriting. He passed it back and nodded.

“Very good; and your handwriting is improving”

“Thank you Professor”

“Malfoy, get a move on will you?”

Draco sighed and hurried his writing. Snape and I glanced at each other before he went back to his desk. I smirked; Draco glared at me and elbowed me. I laughed to myself and carried on doodling and writing. Every time I glanced up at Snape he seemed to be looking in my direction. I smiled at him; he quickly got back on with his work. I giggled quietly to myself and looked at Draco who was looking at me worriedly.

“...What?”

He shook his head and sighed; “oh dear”

He got back to his work. I laughed again.

“Seriously; what?”

“Doesn't matter”

I rolled my eyes and got back to my work.

After lesson Draco and I wandered around the school grounds with Celeste and Blaise.

“I was hanging out with Tempest earlier” Celeste said; grinning. Draco groaned and looked away. Blaise and I grinned too.

“Oh really? Did she talk about anyone in particular?” I asked.

“Oh she did!”

Draco glared at us.

“I'm quite happy now to just call the bet off; but I so want to see you getting it off with Snape”

Blaise and Celeste looked at him as if he'd just turned into a Pygmy Puff.

“If I saw that I'd have nightmares for eternity!” Blaise said. Draco and I laughed. Celeste nodded.

“It would incredibly disturbing!”

I shrugged; “whatever, it's gonna be fun”

“Y'know what...I refuse to associate with you two for the duration of this dare! I'm going to need therapy!”

We all laughed.

“If you avoid me I won't play love doctor with you and Neville”

Draco and Blaise looked at us both.

“Longbottom?! You like Longbottom?!” Draco asked. Celeste glared at me.

“Yeah, and don't laugh it's sweet! And anyway, you fancy Tempest”

“I do not!”

He began walking off. I laughed and ran to catch up with him.