Status: In progress - COMMENTS = CHAPTERS

Double Dare

Chapter 4

“Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world...”

I sat copying up all my notes on love potions; so Celeste could help me win the bet. After Snape had finished dictating all the information; he set us off on an essay about them. He began wandering round the class, hitting people round the head who were talking.

“Uh, sir?” I asked quietly. He looked over.

“Yes?”

“You know how Amortentia makes the person fall in love with whoever supplied the potion...Is there a potion which makes the person fall in love with whoever they see first?”

“Yes...It's further on in the book; may I enquire as to why you want to know?”

I shrugged and smiled innocently; “just wondering”

He looked at me sceptically and carried on round the class. I smirked to myself and skipped through my potions book until I found the potion. I scribbled everything down before carrying on with my essay.

After the lesson I ran to meet Celeste. I thrust my notes into her hand.

“Here's the potion you want”

She looked over the notes and grinned.

“Epic...You'll need to make it and give me some...Then I'll slip it to you when Snape's looking...”

“Yup...Now I just need to think up a cover story for why I have it in the first place”

We nodded. Just then Draco came over.

“What are you two giggling about?”

“Love potions” Celeste replied. He looked at me.

“That's cheating! You're not allowed yo give Snape a love potion!”

Celeste and I grinned.

“It's not Snape who's taking it”

He looked at me sceptically; “...Ok?”

I laughed to myself and put my notes away. Just then I noticed Tempest wander outside and sit by a tree. I kicked Malfoy and nodded at her. He sighed and went over. Celeste and I laughed.

“So, spoken to Neville yet?”

She shook her head; “not out of Herbology”

“Ask him for Herbology help, it worked for Tempest”

She laughed; “I may just do that”

“And there's the Halloween dance soon! Get him to go with you”

“Uhh, I dunno”

“Go on! It's not like he's going with anyone else!”

She laughed again; “ok...And what about you? You gonna ask Snape?”

“Oh totally!”

We laughed and looked back over at Malfoy. He had his arm over her shoulders and was describing something.

Luckily, my next Potions lesson we made the love potion Celeste and I needed instead of Amortentia.

“Sir, why aren't we making Amortentia?” someone asked. He sighed.

“It's too powerful, I don't want you cretins taking it and slipping it to your friends, the consequences are too frustrating to deal with”

“...So we can take this one instead sir?”

“Well, unlike the other one; this one wears off after several hours”

We all got to work. I was the first to finish. Snape came over and tested it.

“Perfect...As usual”

I smirked as he walked off. I pulled out a small vial and kept some.

“Tut tut, stealing potion are we?” Draco asked quietly. I smirked.

“You'll love what I do with it”

“Oh God, what?”

“I'm not saying, just wait and see”

He sighed and carried on with his.

After lesson I dived on Celeste in the Great Hall. I handed her the vial.

“Here you go”

She grinned; “awesome! Now I jut need to think of when to slip it you”

“Obviously some time that Snape's around”

“I could give it you, then you only drink it when he comes over”

“...That could be a plan...”

We high-fived. Just then Neville came over, blushing furiously. He held out a quill.

“You uh...You...You forgot this”

Celeste smiled and took it; “thank you Neville”

He nodded and scurried off. I elbowed her. She sighed.

“Actually Neville!...”

She ran after him. I grinned to myself and wandered round looking for someone. Jade and Ruby were sat on a staircase with the Weasley twins planning pranks, all flirting outrageously. I wandered around the corridors bored. Just then I bumped into Snape.

“Alone Miss Page?”

I nodded; “all my friends are shacked up with possible lovers”

“And we aren't?”

“No, we aren't interested in the boys at this school”

“And why aren't we?”

I giggled at how random this conversation was; and why I was discussing my love life with Snape.

“Because, we think the boys at this school are too immature to have any form of relationship with anyone”

“How very true. You'd do well to stay away from boys”

“Yup...Men are better anyway”

Before he could reply I smirked and skipped off down the corridor. I quickly glanced over my shoulder; he was stood staring at me. I grinned to myself and decided to go to the common room. Eventually Celeste wandered in with a huge grin on her face.

“Someone's happy”

She giggled; “someone has a study date with Neville Longbottom tomorrow”

I laughed; “go you!”

“Yup...Anyway...See Snape?”

“I did! And I kinda...I dunno...”

“Explain!”

I laughed; “I passed him on the corridor and he asked why I was alone; so I was like, well, all my friends are with potential lovers, and he asked why I'm single, so I said all the boys are immature; to which he said, you'd do well to stay away from boys, and I was just like; yeah, men are better! And I skipped off before he could reply...And he watched me all down the corridor”

She burst out laughing; “oh my God no way! That's like, the best way to get him to like you!”

I laughed; “I wonder how Draco and Tempest are getting on”

“You're going to win, even if Tempest does like Draco, he's too, snobbish to actually finish the job”

“Yeah, but he's got a head start! She likes him! Snape's a total mystery!”

“Any guy that flirts and stares has a crush!”

“...Snape”

She nodded; “true...But still, he's human...Right? He is human isn't he?”

I laughed; “yes!”

“Well there you go!”

At dinner I was watching Snape to make sure he was looking in my direction. Finally I caught him.

“He's looking”

Celeste grinned and emptied the vial of potion into my drink. I saw his expression change. I smirked and looked away.

“Did he see?”

I nodded and ate a bit of something. After a while Snape came over.

“I wish to speak with you”

I nodded; drank my drink and followed him. He shook his head; knowing there was some kind of poison in my drink. I felt the effects immediately. I grabbed his arm and clung onto him. He looked won at me.

“What're you doing?”

I smiled innocently; “nothing, I just want to be close to you”

He sighed; knowing what potion it was. He pulled his arm out of my grip and carried on walking. I jogged to catch up with him and grabbed his hand, holding onto it tightly so he couldn't pull out. He shook his head and dragged me to his office; hoping no one would see. We got to his office.

“Sit down”

He rushed over to his stores. I grinned to myself and and danced over to his desk. I sat on it and looked round. He came back sighed.

“Off the desk”

I just grinned at him. He rolled his eyes and got to work making an antidote. Whist he watched it simmer I randomly hugged him.

“Let go of me”

Instead I just snuggled up to him, burying my face into his chest.

“It's very difficult for me to make this antidote whilst you're hugging me”

“Then don't; hug me back”

I looked up at him, he seemed to contemplate it for a moment before shaking his head.

“Let go of me”

I sighed and let go. He added a few more ingredients and left it to simmer again. I exhaled loudly and looked round.

“Bored are we?”

“Very...Entertain me?”

“I'm busy”

“No you're not, you're looking a cauldron of stuff”

“I need to look at it or else it'll go wrong”

I grabbed his arm and made him look at me. He looked at me questioningly. I shrugged innocently and looked directly into his eyes. He looked extremely confused. I suddenly grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him into a kiss. Surprisingly he didn't pull away. I felt a hand rest on my waist. Just then he pushed me away. He looked back at his potion and began adding things. I smirked. He poured some of the antidote into a glass and handed it me.

“Drink this”

I drank the disgusting tasting liquid and felt the effects of extreme love drain away. Snape was stood watching me; looking embarrassed.

“...Uh...What's going on?”

He shook his head; “your friend slipped you a love potion”

“...Oh...”

Unfortunately I couldn't remember what happened whilst on the potion.

“May I ask how she got some? Amazing considering she doesn't do Potions”

“Well, uh, I took some before, we were going to give it Draco as a laugh; she must have given it me instead”

“Why would you want to be giving it Malfoy?”

“We've got this bet that he can't get Tempest Reed to fall for him...Well, she likes him, he just doesn't like her...So...Yeah”

He nodded; “quite foolish; I'm going to have to give you detention. You may go”

I nodded; “ok...And uh...I didn't do anything embarrassing did I?”

He paused before shaking his head; “no”

I nodded again and left. I ran up the corridors to find Celeste. She was in the common room chatting to the twins. She jumped up when she saw me.

“So?! What happened?!”

I flopped down on the sofa; “I can't remember”

She flopped down next to me; “bummer”

“Can't remember what?” the twins asked.

“I gave her some love potion so she'd come onto Snape...She can't remember what happened”

“Ahh”

“Why don't you use that memory charm thing we learnt in DADA?”

Celeste and I looked at each other before rushing up to the bedrooms. I grabbed my DADA book and flicked through. We found it.

“You'd better get this right! I don't want to die or turn into a beetle!”

She laughed and rehearsed the incantation before pointing her wand at me. She did the charm and the memory from earlier appeared like a screen in front of us. We laughed as we watched the flashback of me grabbing his arm and hand.

“Aww, he didn't let go!”

“He couldn't!”

The memory went on; there was a long boring part where I was just looking at him dreamily. I hugged him. Celeste and I burst out laughing.

“Aww look! He wants to hug you back!”

I grinned. Our jaws literally dropped when I kissed him.

“Oh my god girl! Get in there!”

“He's not pulling away!”

“He loves you!”

Finally the memory ended. Celeste looked at me and grinned.

“...Wow! Is all I can say”

“...He said I didn't do anything embarrassing”

“He either didn't want to embarrass you; knowing no one would find out, or, doesn't want to think about it, OR, the more probable answer, he loved every minute and doesn't want you to know!”

I laughed to myself and lay down.

“I think I've just got a leg up in the competition”

“And soon Snape will have his leg up on you”

I laughed and hit her playfully.

“How long before Neville gets his?”

“Shut up!”

I grinned and stared at the ceiling.