Status: Hiatus

The Aftermath

003 ; Kill the party

“Gee!” he giggled shrilly, shoving me away from him, pushing me to the floor.

I laughed momentarily halting my tickling-assaults at my younger brother. It felt so good to hear him laughing. He sounded genuinely happy. All I had to do was avoid any eye contact.

His eyes were still both puffy and red from crying.

A part of me knew that making my little brother do drugs was not the most genius thing to do. A part of me knew he would never have complied, had he been any less upset. And a part of me knew he would not forgive me for tonight.

“Gerard, Earth to Gerard!” Mikey sang teasingly causing me to look up at him.

We locked eyes. Definitely still red. But also very bright. And very, very pretty. I shook my head with a goofy grin.

“Sorry, I'm just...” I said, not even knowing what the conclusion of my sentence was.

I could feel the drugs in my system. I could feel how they impaired my judgement. How they made my actions rash and my laughter slightly mad. But I did not care. I felt good.

Deciding against trying to finish my sentence I climbed back on the bed sitting next to Mikey who immediately scooted away from me probably fearing another attack. I felt my face fall and pouted. Mikey laughed at me before moving back next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Aww, don't be sad,” he said, trying to repress another giggled.

“Stay close,” I whispered, wrapping both my arms around him and pulling him into my lap for the second time that evening.

I thought my brother froze for a second before relaxing and making himself comfortable in my embrace. I giggled as he nuzzled his face into my neck. His breath on my skin gave me goose bumps.

“Is it always this good?” Mikey asked, suddenly in a timid voice.

“Is what always this good?” I asked, craning my neck to look at the adorable boy in my arms.

“Getting high.” His voice was back to overexcited and he giggled again.

“Pretty much,” I grinned with him, “better together with you, though.”

Mikey shifted in my arms to get a better look at me, a slight frown on his face.

“But I don't do drugs,” he said sternly.

I looked at him for only half a second more, before I burst out laughing. He looked indignantly at me, and I lay back on my bed, trying hard to control my laughter in order not to offend him further. Mikey just looked at me, still sitting on my thighs.

“Why are you laughing at me?” he whined and I shook my head at him, still trying to suffocate the sounds sputtering from my mouth.

“Gee!”

With one hand on my chest and the other next to my head my baby brother flipped himself over to face me, before lying down on top of me. His head hovered just an inch over mine, as he tried to glare at me. That finally stopped my laughter.

I could feel his breath on my lips.

“What's wrong now, Gee?” Mikey whispered.

“Nothing,” I whispered back, wrapping my arms around his waist.

Mikey pushed himself a little further down to let his head rest on my chest just under my chin. His hands held on to my shoulders and I subconsciously tightened my hold on him.

“Why do you think it's better getting high with me?” he asked silently after a while.

“Because I love you,” I told him not even pausing.

“I love you too,” Mikey answered, raising his head to look at me with a small smile.

I noticed his eyes no longer seemed red and grinned a little, before removing his glasses with one hand; my other arm still securely locked around his waist.

“Gee, I can't see!” he huffed as I put the glasses on the bedside stand.

“Mikers, you're nearsighted. You shouldn't have a problem with seeing me right now.”

The only reply that earned me was a grin before he laid his head back down on me. I let my arm lie across his back, gently massaging his neck while humming to myself.

“What are you thinking about,” he asked a little later.

“You,” I told him slightly hesitant, realising that the buzz of the drugs was slowly but surely wearing off for me.

“Figures. Am I to heavy?” He tried getting off of me without even waiting for an answer.

“No!” I screeched, following him while tightening my hold, only managing to flip us over so that I was now on top of him.

“What are you thinking of now,” Mikey asked, seeming a little breathless.

“Still you,” I whispered, resting my forehead against his.

Mikey's hands rested loosely on my hips. My hands in turn where divided; one on his hip, one in his hair. As the drug's buzz wore off further, I felt my breath becoming shallower for another reason.

“What are you thinking about me?” my little brother asked, grinning impishly.

His pupils were still dilated and I smiled slightly, knowing he was not nearly as used to the toxins as me, assuming it meant it took longer for him to come down from his high.

“I'm thinking I want...” I trailed off, chickening out, “I think I want some more party poison,” I said with a slightly forced grin, rolling of him and sitting up.

As I rose from the bed I heard Mikey laugh. Plastic bag in my hand again, I turned to look at him as he stood as well.

“That's not about me,” he giggled, “don't you want anything from me?”

I almost dropped the bag with the pills. It could just be the drugs interfering but the look in Mikey's eyes told me that he had no idea what he was actually offering. Or how I understood his words.

“I think someone has gotten a little more than they can handle,” I said softly as he swayed slightly.

“No, Gee,” back to whining, “tell me what you want.”

Biting my lip I muttered and incoherent answer to that. Mikey laughed again.

“The only thing I understood of that, Gerard, was 'I want...' mutter, mutter, mutter, '...you',” he smirked, “But that's okay. You can have me. I am all yours. Only, I need to move around a little first.”

And with that my baby brother turned on his heel walking out the door, leaving me completely dumbstruck.

I stared at the door Mikey had left slightly ajar for many long minutes. Eventually I tore my gaze away from it and let it find the little transparent bag of pills in my hand. I looked at that for only a second before tossing it aside. No way was I getting high again with Mikey acting like he was.

It was bound to end in disaster.

Running up the stairs two and three at a time I looked to see the front door was ajar as well. Making my way out of it I looked for Mikey without luck. Only secondly I realised my car was gone. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach, replacing the last of the euphoric buzz from the drugs.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you all like the picture?
My friend made it specifically for this story. <3 on her!


I decided to use bits of lyrics for my chapter titles. Because... it's fun?
The chapters of this story are going to vary notably in length. Live with it okay, it has to be this way ^^;
And you get this chapter now since I've been gone for a week. From here on out I plan on updating regularly twice a week - Wednesday and Saturday. Yes, that means three chapters this week.

Make some noise!
xo