Sequel: Adoring William
Status: Complete.

Loving Henry

Grinning Idiots

14 March 2011, Monday.

Henry sent me a text two days later, while I was finally having lunch with my father, asking if I was free for dinner that night. Of course, I said yes. Only an idiot would say no to someone so attractive.

My father had very thoroughly chewed me out for having missed our luncheon yesterday and furthermore not having the good manners - that “he” apparently taught me - to call and say that I couldn’t make it. I tried to explain that I’d been stuck in a lift for eight hours, but he’d hear none of it. He said that I’d never get anywhere in the corporate world; if I couldn’t even make a single meeting on time.

The bastard. I had half a mind to throw my salad dressing on his expensive suit. But, if I did that; then I could kiss my university funding goodbye.

When I got back to my room, I worked on one of my essays that were supposed to be in on the fifth of April, just before the end of term. Henry sent me another text to let me know that I should be ready by nine pm.

I was about halfway through my essay, when I decided to call it a day and start getting ready for our date.

~**~

I washed my hair and after drying it, I attacked it with a curling iron. I decided on a casual, floor length, summer dress and took a black pashmina shawl with me.

At nine, sharp, there was a knock on my door, while I was applying lip-gloss. I grabbed my purse and opened the door, to find a very sexy Prince - dressed in a pair of jeans and a golf shirt - waiting for me.

“You look beautiful,” were the first words out of his mouth. I blushed and he told me that we should get going.

We got into the elevator, but instead of going down, he pressed the button for the top floor and up we went. I turned a quizzical look his way, but he only winked at me.

When we stepped out of the lift, there wasn’t a long corridor, instead just a pair of double doors with two body guards posted there.

I was suddenly reminded that this man beside me wasn’t some normal, albeit very attractive, man, but instead a prince of one of the oldest countries in the world.

We went inside and he led me out onto a deck that had a spectacular view of the city.

There was a table, beautifully decorated and set for two. He took me by the hand and sat me down on one of the lounge chairs. He filled two glasses with champaign and brought them over and then sat next to me, after offering me one. I palmed the delicate flute and looked at Henry from beneath my lashes. I had a very strong feeling that he was trying to romance me.

He was a wonderful man and I hated doubting him, but I sincerely hoped that he wasn’t trying to get “something” out of me. I’m just not that type of girl. I knew that I shouldn’t, because of numerous reasons - the most prominent being an eventual broken heart - but I was very serious with whatever it was that we were doing. I didn’t want some three week whirlwind romance with a prince who couldn’t spare me a second thought the moment he left.

“Why so quiet?” he asked, snapping me out of my musings.

“Oh, sorry, I was just thinking about my day.”

“Anything in particular happen?”

“I finally had my luncheon with my father,” I replied.

“How did it go? Was he a prat?”

“My father was his usual rude and dismissive self. I don’t know why I keep expecting him to treat me any differently.”

“Any child wants their parent’s approval, Li. Don’t beat yourself up about it. He’s the git and it doesn’t really seem like there’s anything you can do about it. In any case, it’s his loss, because he’ll never know how special you are.”

I stared at his honest eyes and felt guilty at my earlier thoughts. I felt so safe and secure with him. I thanked him for his kind words and asked him how his day was.

The conversation flowed from there and room service arrived about an hour later with our meal. After we had dessert, he walked me back to my room and we lingered in front of my door.

He moved closed to me and I was sure he was going to kiss me, but instead I felt the back of his hand caress my face from my temple to chin. His fingers brushed over my lips and I shivered from the touch.

“Good night, Li,” he whispered and then he turned around and walked back to the elevator.

I got my key card from my purse and closed the door softly behind me. I reached up with my fingers to trace my lips and found that I was wearing which was probably an extremely goofy smile on my face.

I sighed in contentment and went to get ready for bed, all the while grinning like a mad idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm back from my break from Mibba. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but I was suffering from severe depression and needed to sort through my life.

I'll be going back to the previous arrangement of updating every Friday, until further notice.

For those of you reading my vampire stories, they are all still on hiatus. I know I’m screwing everyone around and I sincerely apologize, but writer’s block is a constant with me. I’m stuck with both stories and I want to focus on Loving Henry, while I have the drive and ideas.

The support that I’m getting for and from this story is amazing and I love all my readers and commenteers.

So, next update Friday. Comment and subscribe.

xxx