Status: Active

Wedding Season

I Hate Dresses

There were like five thousand dresses in the one tiny boutique I had wandered into during my lunch break, the amount of white was not only blinding but I was beginning to think I was suffocating. I had sent away two sales ladies already and could see one watching me like a hawk like I was going to take a dress and run any moment now.

Trust me honey, I'm too last to attempt that.

Puffy, skin tight, I didn't even know the terms for any of these but clearly I needed to watch more Say Yes, To the Dress. I felt like I was betraying the fact I was a female and that I needed to leave the store before I broke down into a frantic emotional puddle on the floor because I couldn't even handle being in a dress shop.

I think I need more female friends.

"Is there anything I can pull for you?" Jessica, the saleswoman asks after I had already sent her away three minutes ago after asking the same question. It takes all my power not to glare at her before replying.

"No, just... getting acclimatized. I'll be back in the future, just testing the water really" I answer giving her a tight smile, fiddling with my phone nervously in my pocket. I should have called one of my brothers to come with me or something, or dragged my friend Amanda from work instead of being all secretive.

"Newly engaged?" she questions, I nod allowing my eyes to drift away and over to another rack of white dresses, one with rhinestones catching my eye. Pretty and shiny.

"Few weeks ago, he's actually looking at suites today apparently, wants to get it over with. I thought I'd just pop my head in, I'm on my lunch break right now." I tell her, almost instantly my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket, and I give her a small smile before walking away, sighing in relief.

"You left early this morning," I say in greeting with a smile.
"Had morning skate, how your day go?"
"I'm on lunch, just at a dress shop getting some ideas. Did you look at suites yet?"

Evgeni scoffs on the other end "Sid sleep after skate, we go tomorrow instead. You look at dress?"
"Looking, kind of. I'll come back another day, to try some one once I get a better idea."
"You look beautiful in all things" he assures me promptly making me smile.

I hate dress shopping, but I sure love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason I just decided to update this, well its a short one but I was tempted to start something new so I decided to do this instead.