Status: Completed

One Wild Night

Will We or Won't We?

"There's something wrong with this picture," Jimmy commented.

"Shh!" Cecelia, Sabrina, and Carmen scolded.

"I agree, Rev," Zacky grumbled, shifting uncomfortably. "We got screwed somehow."

"Shh!" Cecelia, Sabrina, Carmen, Jess, and Marie hissed.

"M. Shadows is not amused," Matt muttered.

"Shut up!" Sabrina barked.

Jimmy, Zacky, and Matt all three shot her looks of sulky resentment. Marissa ducked her head to hide a grin.

Everyone had crowded into one hotel room for a movie night after the show in Rockford, Illinois. While the guys had been taking care of food and alcohol, the girls had gotten themselves situated--all in one bed. This had left the second bed and the three chairs at the table for Avenged and the Berry twins. Jason, Matty, and Brian had quickly claimed the chairs. Johnny had spread out at the foot of the second bed, forcing Jimmy, Zacky, and Matt to squeeze into the remaining space side by side.

"It's not fair," Jimmy whined. "You girls don't take up as much space. Why can't we trade Shads for a couple of you?"

"Jimmy, shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you," Cecelia threatened.

"Just as long as when you come over here, Shads goes over there," Jimmy retorted.

Jason, Matty, and Brian laughed. Marissa bit her lip to keep in a giggle, and Jess buried her face in Sabrina's shoulder, shaking with silent giggles.

"Why am I the one that needs to leave?" Matt demanded. "It's Zacky's fat ass that's taking up all the room!"

"You know what, Shadows? FUCK YOU!" Zacky flipped Matt off.

"Zack might be fat, but you're the size of a damn building," Jimmy said to Matt.

"I'm not fat!" Zacky protested, now flipping Jimmy off.

Matt poked Zacky's stomach. "I don't know what you call it."

Zacky smacked Matt in the face with one of the pillows. "We can't all be built like brick shithouses!"

"Am I going to have to separate you three?" Brian teased, dark eyes glittering with amusement.

Zacky, Matt, and Jimmy all three simultaneously gave Brian the finger. By this time, all of the girls had been overcome with fits of laughter.

"I really wish I could hear this movie!" Johnny yelled pointedly.

Jimmy placed a well-aimed kick and sent Johnny sprawling to the floor. Matt and Zacky both high-fived Jimmy, and the three of them proceeded to spread out, taking up what little space Johnny had occupied.

"Fuck you." Johnny hopped to his feet and walked to the other bed. Marissa and Marie snuggled closer together to make room for him. Smirking, Johnny perched on the edge of the girls' bed.

Jimmy's jaw dropped. "NO FAIR!"

Cecelia, Sabrina, Carmen, and Jess again shushed him. Jimmy crossed his arms over his chest and slumped back against the headboard, glaring at Johnny.

Marissa shook her head and, grinning, got to her feet. Grabbing her hoodie from the back of Brian's chair, she slipped it on and walked out onto the balcony. She was having a good time, but her head was beginning to hurt. A short break and some fresh air would resolve the problem.

She leaned on the railing and gazed out over the city. Her breath fogged in the icy night air. She'd been with Avenged now for three days, and she was already dreading the end of this trip. The last seventy-two hours had been wonderful. She was enjoying being back with her girls. She was enjoying the time with Matt, Zacky, Jimmy, Johnny, Jason, and Matty.

And I'm enjoying whatever this is that's going on with Brian, she admitted to herself. It was an interesting situation. They'd spent a great deal of time talking and when they were sitting around with the others, they always paired up. Anyone watching from the outside would assume they were an item; however, in reality, they seemed to have reached a will-we-won't-we stage.

Marissa glanced over her shoulder as the balcony door opened and closed. Brian paused long enough to light his cigarette before joining her at the railing. He stood near enough that their arms were touching. This made her pulse increase slightly. She still reacted to him every time.

"You're going to lose your chair," Marissa remarked.

He shrugged. "That's fine. I'll just get in bed with you."

Her eyes flicked to his and away. His lips twitched as he suppressed a smirk.

Thank God it's not possible to die from sexual tension, she thought wryly.

"You're blushing," Brian said, stubbing out his cigarette and tossing it over the rail. "How cute." He took her by the arm and turned her to face him.

"Brian." She attempted to pull free, but he tightened his grip and tugged her against his body. He lifted his free hand to caress her neck.

"Brian." She leaned away from his touch. "What is this? What are we doing?"

He curved his hand around the back of her neck and bent to kiss her gently. She didn't want to give in. She didn't want a repeat of that night in California.

Or did she?

The soft kisses grew in fervor until they were so deep and slow that Marissa was light-headed. She wanted to get drunk on the taste of his lips and tongue. Surely this was right. It felt right.

When Brian drew away, she made a sound of complaint. He met her eyes and her breath caught. She couldn't read his expression, but there was something in his eyes that both frightened and excited her.

"Meet me downstairs after everyone goes to sleep," he instructed.

Marissa nodded. He kissed her again and went inside. She took a few minutes to compose herself, then padded back into the room.

****

Marissa tiptoed across the pitch black room and carefully opened the door. She hesitated, listening for any sound that would indicate that Cecelia was awake. Nothing. Only silence. She slipped into the hallway and eased the door shut with only a faint click.

She practically ran to the elevator. It seemed to take ages to reach the lobby. She fidgeted impatiently, hurrying out as soon as the doors parted.

Brian was waiting in front of the plate glass window that encompassed the entire outer wall of the lobby, divided only by the double doors. He wore jeans, a heavy jacket, gloves, and a knit cap.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hi." Marissa frowned. "Um, are you planning a hike in Antarctica?"

He chuckled. "I thought we'd take a walk. I knew you wouldn't come prepared. Don't worry. I've got you covered." He pointed to a chair, on which was piled another jacket and a pair of gloves.

Thankfully, Marissa slept in sweat pants and had put on her sneakers for the meeting, so with Brian's oversized jacket and the gloves on, she was comfortably warm. The two of them pushed through the doors, out onto the sidewalk. Brian immediately twined his fingers with hers, jamming their hands into his jacket pocket.

There was something surreal about the city at this time of night. It was almost like she and Brian were the last two people in the world. Marissa found it oddly peaceful. She wondered if that was because he was with her.

"This is nice," she murmured as they strolled along together.

"Isn't it?" Brian looked up at the towering buildings surrounding them. "Don't tell Matt,--he'd be convinced I'm going to get mugged or something--but I do this a lot. It's nice to get away from everything and everyone and just...clear my head."

"I used to do that occasionally," Marissa said. "Clear my head." She sighed. "Now that I have a kid, that's not really an option any more."

"If you would move back to California, you'd have the chance to clear your head whenever you wanted."

"Don't start," she warned.

A slight breeze made her shiver. The temperature had been dropping all day and it was very cold. However, she would rather be out here with Brian than in her room without him.

"Look." He stopped walking and pointed.

Marissa looked in the indicated direction. "What?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he stayed still and focused. She had no idea what was going on.

"Bri--" she attempted, but he put a finger to his lips.

And then she saw it. A single white flake, swirling in the faint breeze. And another. And another.

Marissa smiled. She loved to watch snow fall. Unfortunately, it never snowed in Alabama. She glanced at Brian. He was smiling, too.

Just one more item to add to the list of things we have in common. She moved closer to him, and they remained there as the snow began to fall more heavily.

Brian cupped Marissa's face in his free hand and sweetly kissed her lips. She couldn't imagine anything more perfect than him kissing her while the air around them was filled with sparkling, dancing snowflakes.

"I lied to you," he said as they parted.

Her brow furrowed. "When?"

"The day you left." He tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "I let you believe the sex was only to convince you to stay, that it was simply a means to an end."

Marissa waited, expecting more.

Brian looked at her earnestly. "It wasn't. I wasn't trying to manipulate you. I wanted it to happen. You asked me earlier what this is, what we're doing, and I honestly don't know." He laughed softly. "I'm not used to anyone making me feel this awkward. Say something?"

She stretched up and sealed her mouth over his. She lingered there, oblivious to the snow and the cold. The world had narrowed down to Brian and his lips on hers.

It could have been seconds or minutes or hours that they were caught up in each other. Finally, breathless and flushed, they headed back to the hotel. They cut through the lobby and rode the elevator to the floor that housed both their rooms.

In unspoken agreement, Brian led her to the room he was sharing with Jimmy. He unlocked the door and they crept over the threshold.

Marissa shed the jacket, gloves, and her shoes; Brian lost his knit cap, gloves, jacket, shirt, and shoes. They slid under the covers together, him spooning her, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

"Jimmy is going to give us hell in the morning," he whispered in her ear.

She quietly giggled. "I know." She twisted enough to see his face, illuminated by what little moonlight was penetrating the blinds. "I don't care."

He kissed her and she shifted to face him completely, her hands dropping to the button of his jeans.

"Need I remind you we have a roommate?" he said.

"Then I guess you'd better not make too much noise," she shot back, dipping a hand beneath the waistband of his jeans and into his boxer-briefs.

He shuddered as her hand encircled him, hardening at her touch. Taking charge, she claimed his lips in a kiss, opening herself to his tongue. She slid her hand along the length of him, feeling him grow firmer under her attention. She gently squeezed him and he groaned into her mouth.

"Marissa," he said huskily. "What are we doing?"

That seemed to be the million dollar question, and Marissa wasn't any closer to having an answer now than he'd been to having one merely twenty minutes ago.

She worked her hand up and down, gradually increasing her pace. With every passing second, he grew nearer to climax and his kisses grew more and more urgent and painful. He plunged his tongue into her in a mockery of what he probably really wanted to do to her, fucking her mouth since he was being denied her body.

Marissa knew the moment he found release. His muscles tensed and a long moan escaped him, muffled by her kiss. Hot and sticky, his relief spilled over her hand.

Brian slowly relaxed, letting out a shaky exhalation. Marissa carelessly wiped her hand on the comforter. She rolled over and fluffed her pillow.

Brian curled around her, kissing her neck and slipping a hand between her legs.

"Go to sleep," she said, catching his wrist. She put his arm around her waist. "You owe me one."

He chuckled. "Deal."

Marissa smiled to herself and closed her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so there's no debate at all that they're attracted to each other sexually....there never has been. It's only all the other stuff they have to work out. Ha ha! So I decided to have them fool around a little. Will it be a mistake? Guess you'll have to keep reading to find out. =)

OH, and I have 638 readers and 200 subscribers! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Special thanks to:

ladydee
KellShadows
Emochick920
CertifiedWaffle
Ashers Absolution
Vixyn Of Shadows
fghtffyrdmns