Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Where is Your Boy?

“Emmy, what are you doing here? You should be at home where you don’t have to worry or be stressed. You’re excused for the day.” Dr. Green said as I walked into his office.

I shook my head and sat in the chair opposite of him. “No, I’ll go crazy if I stay home all day. I need to be distracted. I started planning something to help the 9/11 victims. Would you mind if I ran it by you?”

Dr. Green sighed, knowing that I was way too stubborn to take his advice and go home. “What do you want to do?”

I smiled and proposed the fundraiser to Dr. Green at seven the next morning. He agreed and told me to specifically call up the mayor and local paper. I got to use his phone, as he walked around and talked to various teachers.

“Hello, This is Amelia Stump from Glenbrook South High calling for Mayor Thomas.”

“And what is this call about?”

“I would like to propose a fundraiser for the 9/11 victims, their families, and the American soldiers that are being sent to the Middle East.”

“Okay, I’ll put you straight through to him.”

“Thank you.” I heard busy clicking, and an annoying re-routing tone.

“Mayor Thomas.”

“Hello, this is Amelia Stump. We met at Glenbrook’s open house.”

“Oh yes! I remember. How may I help you?”

“I know this is very last minute, but I was wondering if you would support a fundraiser for the 9/11 victims, their families, and the troops in the Middle East.”

“Ok. So far I’m interested. How will this fundraiser go about?”

“Well, my brother’s band is going to play a show in the park this Saturday night. I was thinking that we just latch the fundraiser onto that. The park is a local place that everyone knows. What more to entice people than live music to help their fellow citizens out?!”

“What time is this event going to start?”

“I was shooting for around 6pm, but it can be negotiated. My brother has it reserved from 7 to 9. I’m sure that the park officials would not mind changing it.”

“That sounds like an excellent plan. I will call the park and newspapers for you.”

“Are you sure you don’t mind?”

“Amelia, they will respond better to me than to you. Have a great day at school.”

“Thank you, Sir. Your help is appreciated.”

“Anytime, Amelia. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.” I replied with a smile, doing the proper thing and waiting for him to hang up. I smiled as the phone hit the receiver. I let out an excited squeal and checked the clock. I was supposed to already be on the announcements. I ran out to see Jake talking into the receiver. He smiled at me. I took the receiver from him.

“Students and faculty! This is Emmy, sorry for my absence yesterday. We have a big surprise for you. This Saturday at 6pm, Glenbrook’s own Fall Out Boy will be performing for a fundraiser for the 9-11 victims and family members, and also for the troops in the Middle East. Whether you are for or against the actions made by our government, please stop by and make a donation. We are accepting donations of all kinds- ranging from money to non-perishable foods and necessities that can be sent overseas. So, come on out and support your country while listening to awesome music. I’ll see you there. Remember, it’s this Saturday from 6 until 9pm. Goodbye and have a great day!” I put the receiver down and grinned at Jake.

“Emz, I just announced his death…why are you here? And we didn’t even do the pledge or anything else!”

“I’ll see you in third.” I said, ignoring his comment and grabbing my bag before heading out the door.

“Hey, Emmy! Are you sure you’re okay?”

I looked back at him. “I’m as good as can be expected.” I said with a small smile before heading to economics. I sat in my normal seat in front of Pete and actually took notes for once. When the class was over, Pete linked arms with me and skipped to the science halls.

“Someone’s in an awfully good mood seeing what just happened.”

“I can’t see how you’re not! I just increased who’s going to hear you guys this weekend!”

“I didn’t really care about the number.”

“You’re a liar. You live for the limelight. Admit it.”

He grinned sheepishly and looked away. “Ok, so maybe just a tad.”

I grinned and pushed him into his class. I skipped into my Bio class. I briefly looked at Parker’s vacant seat and looked away quickly. Pat came in with a massive smile on his face.

“I love you so fucking much!!!!” he grabbed me in a tight hug and swung me around gently.

“Patrick! You’re killing me!” I squeaked he let go and sat down without a second thought. I shook my head at him and sat down in my seat. The late bell rung and Coach E came out of his office.

He looked between Patrick and I and shook his head at our identical mischievous grins. “I don’t want to know what’s going through that joint mind of yours.” This made our grins widen. “Ok, today, we’re moving onto what makes you- you. Genetics. Everyone’s genes are different- yes, even the Stump twins have differences besides their gender. Ok so-”

The door opened and a dorky looking guy walked in. his black thick rimmed glasses were pushed against face. He had red hair that fell about an inch above his shoulders. His lip was pierced and his ears were slightly gauged. All in all, he looked interesting. He walked up to Coach E and gave him a slip of paper. Coach E nodded.

“Take a seat, Mr. Hurley.” He sat next to me- in Parker’s old seat. I felt a twinge of anger, but it soon passed since I couldn’t really blame the guy- he didn’t know what just happened and there weren’t any other unoccupied seats. I just gave him a small smile.

I leaned back, closer to Patrick. “Why wasn’t I informed that we have a new student?”

“Because you’ve been mentally unstable for the past month?”

I nodded my head. “Good point.” I sat upright and listened to Coach E for the rest of the class. He gave us the last ten minutes to ourselves. I decided to be a good president and introduce myself to “Mr. Hurley.”

“Hi, I’m Emmy. I like The Misfits, I’m pretty laid back, and I know all the words to every Star Wars movie.” He took my hand.

“Andy. I’ll listen to anything, I play the drums, and I am also a Star wars fanatic.”

“Nice to meet you.” We shook our hands firmly. Pat cleared his throat obnoxiously behind me. “And this is my brother, Patrick. He also plays the drums.” They shook hands. “So? What do you have next?”

“Psychology.”

“Me too! You’ll love it! Ms. Taylor is fucking crazy.”

“Emmy! Language!” Coach yelled from his office.

“Sorry, Coach E!” I yelled back.

Pete walked in randomly and stood right in front of me. “Hey, Emmy-Wemmy! I need help with this.” He shoved the Physics worksheet in my face
.
“Pete, it’s momentum…you just plug and chug…Oh, Pete, this is Andy. Andy, this is Peter Pan from Neverland- don’t let the looks fool you.” Pat and Andy laughed.

“You’re just so nice, really, how do you do it?” Pete said sarcastically as I worked out a problem.

“Because I’m just spiffy like that." I said, continuing to dot the math. I shoved the finished problem in his face. "Here, just follow what I did for the rest of the problems on the page.”

“Thanks, Emz, I’ll see ya in sixth!” he pecked my cheek and walked out of the room.

He seriously needs to stop doing that. I just lost Parker yesterday. I'm not ready for anything.

Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III, you are going to be the end of me


If only that was half the stuff he was going to put me through.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, I LOVE YA TA PIECES!!!! As of now: readers- 63; subscribers- 18 (it doubled); comments-28 (2 of which are mine); stars: 3

And if you didn't read my comment before:
I'm really touched that some/ most of you cried when Parker died. I agree, he's a complete sweetheart. Sadly though...I didn't. it was just like any other chapter- which is kinda why I was hesitant about putting it up...what I DID cry at is ch. 18...but that's b/c it's really personal for me...

OK. this is the last for the night. I REALLY need to finish up "Heaven" before taking this thing on full-force