Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

how cruel is the golden rule?

“Mind if I go help out the hospital’s lawyer?”

“Brian, we’ve been here for only an hour.”

“I know! But I’m bored!”

“We’re in the ICU, how can you be bored?”

He pouted. “You’re always leaving me.”

“I’m working, something you shouldn’t be doing!”

“If you really think about it, it’s not technically working since I’ll be volunteering my knowledge.”

I shook my head and shoved him. “Fine, but be good. I’ll meet you in the cafeteria at twelve-thirty and we’ll have lunch. Deal?”

“I knew there was a reason I love you!” he said before quickly pecking my lips and running in the opposite direction.

“He seems pretty excited to leave you. Does he know that you cheat on your boyfriends?”

I turned to look at him. “Why are you in the ICU? And you don’t need an IV, so why are you toting one around?”

He shrugged. “Can’t a guy wander around?”

“More like hide from your whore?”

“That, too. So, I see you two have met.”

“Hey, honey.” Arms wrapped around my waist.

I turned to face my fiancé (that’s so weird to say). “Get lost?”

“Yupp. It’s a fucking maze, I swear. Hi, who are you?”

“Brian, this is Pete. Pete, this is Brian, my fiancé.” I showed him the ring and he let out a low whistle.

“Beautiful ring for a beautiful woman.”

“Oh, so you’re Pete. It’s great to finally meet you! You’re in that band, right? With Patrick?”

“Yea, I’m the bassist.”

“Cool.”

“Well, I have to be in the O.R in ten minutes. I’m going to take you to the lawyer real quick and run back down here. Pete, I suggest you go back to your room so that you’re doctor can discharge you.”

“Yea, yea.” He mumbled, but followed Brian and I nevertheless.

I was in back-to-back surgeries until lunch. Brian had decided to try to distract me on my last surgery (I was in the room with an observation glass). He didn’t do anything, he just watched with his blank, professional face. It was a little unnerving, but I shook off his gaze and did my job. He couldn’t be worse than my Surgical Procedure professor- that guy could make anyone cry. I handed the gallbladder to an intern and began stitching the patient back up. This is why it was good to be a girl- we have smaller hands and we’re more of perfectionists than guys are.

After surgery, I was the last one out of the hand washing station. Two arms snaked their way around my waist and lips grazed my neck. “You look so sexy commanding all those interns.” My fiancé whispered in my ear.

I chuckled as I turned off the water and grabbed a towel. “That’s nice… I guess.” I put the towel in the dirty bin and slipped my ring back on.

“Why did you take it off?”

I turned around in his embrace. “Safety precaution. Don’t worry, none of these surgical jocks have anything on you.” I replied simply with a reassuring kiss.

“Good, lunch?”

“Hell yes.”

Lunch was….lunch. It was cafeteria food, what more is there to say? Brian got a call halfway through and kept apologizing to me once he got back to the table. Apparently, his boss called and wanted him to go to a partner’s firm that was in Chicago. I gave him directions to the firm and my keys before kissing him goodbye.

I was free for an hour after I finished my lunch. With nothing better to do, I went to go check up on all my patients. I soon found out that Pete and his bitch were arguing. I chuckled quietly to myself as I walked into Mr. Gunter’s room.

“And how are you doing today, Mr. Gunter?”

“I would feel better if you married me.”

“Of course I will,” I told the Alzheimer’s patient. It was the fifth time that he’s proposed to me since I performed his heart surgery. I smiled at him and left the room.

“Dr. Stump, can I talk to you?” I looked up when I heard my name. I hated the fact that it came from his mouth.

“Sure,” I replied, motioning towards the empty room. He nodded and followed me in there.

“Emmy, please tell me that you’re only marrying him to get back at me.”

“I don’t see why you’re so worried about me.”

“Emmy, you two are so wrong for each other. You’re not good enough for a guy like that.”

Ouch. “So, what? I only deserve assholes like you?!”

“Exactly- wait! I didn’t mean it like that”

“Really? And how did you mean it? Just because you’re in a shitty relationship doesn’t mean that you can take it out on every happy person around you!”

“Oh, like you’re happy?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Just like you were with Nick? What would Parker think of you now?”

SMACK! “Don’t you fucking dare to talk about Parker. He was ten times the man you will ever be.” I seethed. I quickly looked behind me to see her. “You better get back to her- we wouldn’t want her getting bored and finding a poor intern to fuck.”

“You’ll never love him, Emmy. You’ll realize it sooner or later. We’re meant to be together.”

“I hope you’re happy with your whore. You two are the perfect couple.” Venom dripped from every word. “Now if you don’t mind, I have work to do.”

I quickly exited the room and went into the O.R. I was really early, but I didn’t care.

I lost my second patient that night. I think I lost my gift, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
meh...don't know what I think of this one. and to clear things up, yes, Pete is dating Ashlee Simpson.

75 Subscriber! WHOOT!!! hahaha. I'm done now

comment