Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

you’re just {every} line {every} song

I had successfully made it to the end of my shift without seeing Pete. Thank God! However, my victory was short lived when a breathless, nameless intern ran up to me and told me that a certain patient wanted to see me. Damn you to Hell, God! You officially don’t exist anymore!

“Yes, Mr. Wentz?” I asked in the doorway of his room.

“Come in and close the door.”

Sighing begrudgingly, I entered the room and closed the door behind me.

“Aren’t you going to come any closer?”

“No. Doctor-patient proximity. Plus, I don’t want to catch idio-titis.”

“Fair enough. So, nothing I say will get out of this room?”

“Nope. Doctor-patient confidentiality. What do you want?”

“No witty comeback? You’re not going to pay another intern to have a surgical consult?”

“This isn’t fucking sitcom! Ok? This isn’t like SCRUBS or effing Grey’s Anatomy! This is real life! This is my life! Now what the hell do you want?!”

“I- I miss you.”

I leaned further into the door and closed my eyes. I counted quietly to ten before re-opening them. “I’m sure you do.” I replied coldly. Did he honestly expect me to me that stupid? Pat sent me all the albums! I know exactly what’s going on! He's trying to play his mind games with me. Sorry, Buster, but it don't work.

“What does that mean?”

I’m just a notch in your bed post, but you’re just a line in a song? Jeez, I wonder who you’re talking about. Pete, my brother has sent me all of your recorded material. I’ve read the lyrics, heard it on the radio. I’m not just a line in a song, I’m every line in every song you’ve ever written!”

“Emmy-”

“It’s Dr. Stump and my shift ended five minutes ago. Goodbye, Mr. Wentz.” I turned around and opened the door.

“Wait! Why did you risk your job for me?”

I stopped but didn’t turn to look at him. I couldn’t. I couldn’t let him see that I was breaking inside.

“Why?” he repeated softly.

“Because, even through all the hurt we’ve put each other through, and even though I can’t stand to be around you- and as much as I don’t like you- I couldn’t let you die.”

“You didn’t say hate. Even if you hated me, would you still save me?”

“Yes, because everyone around you would be miserable and I couldn’t live with the guilt.”

“So, do you still feel anything?”

“No, you’re just another save to me- another person that didn’t die on my table. Goodbye Pete.” I closed the door softly behind me and bit back my tears. I wasn’t going to cry for him. Throughout the entire conversation, I didn’t turn to look at him. I couldn’t. I worked my ass off to make it this hard and I wasn’t going to let him ruin it. In my hurry, I bumped into someone.

“Watch where you’re going.” She shrieked. “And what were you doing in my boyfriend’s room? Were you sexing him up?”

I knew exactly what me expression looked like. It was the one I give every idiot I come across. Of course, she also looked like an idiot. Fake tan. Fake boobs. Fake hair. Big sunglasses. They’re all the same. “Scrubs. Beeper. You do the math.” I told her like she was five years old before brushing past her and finally walking out of the hospital. I swear, if I’m going to get stopped every time I try to leave, I’m going to kill somebody.”

I walked into my house with my eyes closed- I was way too tired. I threw my purse and keys on the countertop and slipped out of my shoes.

“Wow, she does it here, too.”

My eyes shot open and I squealed at the guy standing before me. “Brian?! Holy fuck!” I ran up and bounced on him. He had to take a step to stabilize himself as he wrapped his arms protectively around my waist. He chuckled into my lips as I pressed them hard against his own.

“So, I guess they do know each other. Case solved, you owe me five bucks, Trohmanator.” I heard Andy say behind me.

“Emmy! Show some decency! That’s gross! I don’t wanna see you practically fucking!”

I flipped my brother off as Brian slowly eased me back down.

“What are you doing here? How did you find me” I asked him, my arms around his neck.

“I hijacked your phone before you left and programmed your brother’s and house numbers.”

“Cunning bastard.”

“Ok, I’m getting creeped out. Let’s go guys.” I flipped my brother off again and pecked my boyfriend’s lips.

“Now, why are you here?” I interrogated with a teasing smile.

“Well, the firm gave me the rest of the week off and I missed you too much. You’re not allowed to leave me like that again.” He was pouting.

I smiled and pecked his lips again. “That’s not all of it.”

“Ok, fine then! I wanted to wait, but you’re very feisty today.” He fiddled with his pockets and lowered himself to one knee. “I couldn’t stand these past two days without you. Be with me forever?” The ring was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All thoughts of the past forty-eight hours were wiped away in one quick motion as I nodded my head vigorously and held out my shaky hand. Smiling and keeping eye contact, he slid the ring on my finger and stood back up so that he could kiss me.

“How long are you here for?” I whispered. I was so afraid that this moment would end and I would wake up to find that I had dreamed it all.

“I leave Sunday night.” It was Thursday.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.” He whispered in my ear, tightening his hold and bringing our bodies closer together.

Who would have thought that the worst day ever could turn into the best? I need to have more bad days if this is what they give me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who saw that coming? lol. Scrubs is the shit and I need entertainment. lol. Sorry if I'm ruffling your religious feathers, it's just my sarcastic humor (meaning don't take it seriously). Here's a pic of Emmy's ring:

Image

COMMENT!!!!!!!!