Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

These are your good years

Thanksgiving was anything but awkward. Brian has one of the coolest families ever, and they approve of me, so that’s a plus. His family was a classic cross between Italian and German cultures. His dad was strict looking (until you get on his good side) and his mom made the best food I have ever tasted (but her desserts were nothing like Grams’). I also met four of his siblings (his mother had seven kids total). Unfortunately, his eldest brother and sister (with their family) couldn’t come, but I was assured that they would be at the wedding- that was now set for October 1st.

Now it’s Christmas time and Brian and I are at baggage claim, waiting for my mother to pick us up. Being the mature adults that we are, we were having a very heated game of thumb wars, of which I admit that I was losing.

“Gah! You suck, Brian!” I exclaimed after he had captured my thumb for the fourth time in a row.

He cocked his eyebrow at me. “Does that mean you want to stop?”

“Oh, hell no.” I said with determination. I actually got his thumb the first time.

“Cheat.”

“Am not!”

“What are we, five?”

“Maybe.”

“Hey, fat ass, get the fuck up and let’s go.” My disguised twin said. He was dressed up like a mobster.

“Nice look, Stumpy, did your mommy pick it out for you?”

“Shuddup and gimme a hug.”

Squealing, I jumped up from my seat and wrapped my arms around my brother. “I missed you.”

“Missed you more. Brian, get over here, you’re practically family.”

Next thing I knew, I was stuck in the middle of the hug. “Hey, guys, I can’t breathe.”

Pat chuckled and let me go before grabbing my bags. “Mom had to stay later than she planned, so she’s at the house with the guys. You’ll love your surprise.”

“Ooohhhh, Christmas early? I’m starting to like this.”

Brian chuckled and put his arm around my waist. My head went immediately went to his shoulder.

“How have you been?” I asked my twin.

“I’m doing pretty good with what’s been thrown at me. We took James home about a week after you left. I was properly trained how to handle him…”

“ What about the convulsions?”

“They come up randomly and are not as bad as the first one. It lasts maybe thirty seconds and he hasn’t had one for the past week.”

“That’s good. So, you finally decided to give him a normal nickname?”

“And Furby is normal?” My fiancé questioned.

I elbowed him. “He’s my nephew and godson.”

“He’s my future nephew, too. Hey, who’s the godfather?”

“Marlon Brando.” I answered automatically.

“Ha, very funny, Emmy, you’re so smart. But no, it’s Pete.” Pat answered, throwing my luggage into the trunk.

I rolled my eyes at who my nephew’s godfather was. I’ve pretty much submitted to the fact that the world is against me, especially if Peter fucking Wentz has anything to do with it.

“Let’s just go home. I’m wiped out.”

The guys just laughed at me and Pat led me over to the car. On the ride home, Pat and Brian talked animatedly about something. I was too tired to really care. When we got to the house, Pat and Brian grabbed the bags. As soon as the door opened, I was immediately confronted with my mother’s stout figure. Still having me in a death clench, she dragged me into the living room.

As soon as she separated from me, I had two distinct figures knock me on the couch. Cunning Bastards, they should know that I always get my revenge. I shoved Joe off of me and immediately brought Will into a headlock.

“You little piece of shit, you know that I can still take you on.” I said, giving him one giant nookie. I didn’t notice that we were accumulating an audience.

“Ow! Goddammit, that hurts, you little bitch!”

“Oh, so is this how you treat someone you haven’t seen in years? Remind me to never go to another reunion where you’re at.” Somehow, we ended up on the floor and he was trying to clench me in between his legs. I moved quickly so that I was practically lying on top of him, using all my weight against him.

“God, Emmy, what have you been eating? You’re a fucking cow! It’s amazing that you can still move!” He said before flipping me.

I managed to get my legs in between us and tossed him off of me. I quickly got up and straddled him.

“What did you fucking call me?” I “seethed”.

“Darth Vader, you’re rightful title? And may I say, your legs of steel are as powerful as ever.” He quoted, using our form of surrender.

“And?”

“That I will always be Princess fucking Laya. Will you get off me now?”

Smiling, I stood up and helped him to his feet. “Good boy” I said, patting his head as if he were a domestic animal. I took a good look around the room. Luckily, the living room was decently sized (and twin proof), or else there would have been a lot of things broken.

“Now I know what Pat was talking about when he told me not to spar with you.” Brian said with a smile.

I just grinned. “Can’t help it, growing up with these losers teaches you a lot of things.”

“Is that an Emmy I hear?” I heard from the stairs.

I looked over to the speaker and gasped. “Cyn?”

She nodded her head.

“Dear Lord, why do you have a baby attached to your hip?” I was frantic. Cynthia, last time I saw her, was nowhere near ready to have a kid.

She smirked at Will behind me. “Well, Will and I married shortly after graduating, and…yea, you know what they say about accidents in the back seat” she emphasized.

I cracked up and hugged her.

“Ok, introductions need to be made! There are way too many people in this house!” Pat exclaimed.

I looked over at Pat. I was so confused, I knew everyone in here, and Brian knew everyone but Will and Cynthia…

Pat motioned to the other side of the room. “My dearest Emmy, your surprise; which I highly doubt you noticed.”

I turned and saw them. I looked back at my brother confused. “I’m very happy that there are five hot guys in my living room, but I doubt that Brian here would like it…?”

Pat rolled his eyes and Brian hit me over the head. “Guys, this is my loser of a sister, pay no mind to the fact that she doesn’t keep track of music anymore. Emmy, these are the guys from My Chemical Romance- Ray, Frank, Gerard, Mikey, and Bob.”

I gave them a quizzical look. “I recognize the name and the faces, but the synapses are just not connecting.”

Brian chuckled. “They’re Jenna’s favorite band. I’m sure she forced you to listen to them the entire time you were there. Hey, would you mind signing something? She’s my youngest sister and she would kill me if she found out.”

“Yea, sounds fine.” The taller of the two black haired guys said.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at my brother. “When’s the party?”

“And why, my dearie, do you think that there’s going to be a party?”

“Because I know you too well.”

“She’s got you there. It starts at 7:30.” Joe butt in.

I checked my phone. “Meaning I can take a two hour nap. Sweet.” I turned to the band I didn’t know. “Sorry to sound like an inconsiderate bitch, but I was in back-to-back surgeries for the entire night and then I was shoved on a two-hour flight right near a screaming kid.”

“Yea, we know how that feels.” the shortest one retorted. “go ahead, it’s no problem.”

Brian kissed my temple before letting me go. “I’m just going to hang out down here. I’ll wake you up in two hours.” I nodded before walking up the stairs to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's late- but I was over studying for bio and I just finished my German exam. phew. Soc psych tomorrow and then I'm finished w/ the semester! Don't expect an update before Monday. (but I'm still expecting comments) Anyhoo, if you don't get the Godfather reference, don't sweat it.

comments make the world go round