Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

He stands alone becuase he's high on himself

Pat’s POV

“Can you believe Emmy is finally getting married?” Rox asked, placing Emmet in his for his afternoon nap.

“Not really, I always expecting her to come back and marry Pete, but, it looks like she’s happy, so that’s all that matters to me.” I replied, shutting the suitcase and placing it by the bedroom door. I grabbed Rox and wrapped her in my arms. It was very rare for us to have any intimate moments anymore because of my touring and now with Emmet needing our full-attention every second of the day.

Currently, he has gone two weeks without any convulsions and his eyes are perfectly healthy. We can’t really test his intelligence because he is only ten months old. Not a day goes by where I don’t think about having to bury him. I caught Roxie looking through caskets and funeral arrangements once- I had to make her promise me that we would wait until his heart stops beating and there was no life left in him before we make the arrangements.

“I love you. I love our son. And I love this moment right here.” I told her, tightening my grip around her waist.

“Me, too. It’s peaceful.” She replied with a smile.

And then the phone rang. I shut my eyes, but the moment was lost. Groaning, I pressed a quick kiss to her forehead before going to answer it.

“Stump residence.”

“Hey, Trick!” It was Pete. “Hire a babysitter tomorrow night because I’m taking you and the rest of the guys out!”

“I can’t, Pete. Roxie, Emmet and I are going to California for the break.”

“Why? It’s only three days, and sorry to tell you, but the little guy is not going to remember it.”

“It’s for Emmy’s wedding.”

Pete’s POV

It’s for Emmy’s wedding. Those words echoed in my mind for what seemed like eternity. I just couldn’t believe it was finally happening- I was losing my love for good.

“Pete? Are you still there?”

“Yea, I am. How come this is the first time that I’ve heard of this? Are the other guys invited? You’re the first one that I called. Because if they are, I think that’s a little low of your sister.”

“No, man, it’s not like that. She only invited immediate family.”

“And the guys and I aren’t family?”

“Not blood-related. She wants it small. Like, super small. She doesn’t even have any of the auxiliaries- no Maid of Honor, Best Man, Flower girl, Ring Bearer… All that’s going to be up there is her, Brian, and the priest. That’s it.”

“Oh, so, no one is going to walk her down the aisle?”

“I think Brian’s dad is, but I’m not sure. Listen, man, I gotta go. Have fun and be safe these next few days. I’ll meet you guys at the first venue.”

“Alright, I’ll see you then.” I replied before disconnecting the call. I let the phone drop to the floor.

That’s it. She’s gone. All my hard work….down the drain. Of course, even she said herself that she- wait….she said….. How many times has she said that she was never going to talk to me again? I racked my brain and counted on my fingers. High school, her freshman year of under grad school, that random month in September, when Emmet was born…. And then at the Christmas Party,… and she was perfectly civil to me at Andy’s wedding….so, that’s four times. Four times she said that she would never speak to me. Three times she broke that promise. One time where she was completely nice to me…. It was a test. It has to be. She really doesn’t want to marry him, she was just testing me the entire time. Haha! I’m coming to get you, Emmy Mark my words, you will be mine!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! So sorry, but the "wifi" at the apartment wasn't very good. when I got full signal, it still wouldn't let me get on (suckage, I know). BUT! there will be a second update tonight as soon as I get 5 comments! I already have the next few parts written!!!

=D Bree