Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Snitches And Talkers Get Stitches And Walkers (Fin

My mind was a buzz throughout the next few days. I couldn’t stay grounded for more than a few minutes at a time. When I was in my head, my body would go through a routine. I couldn’t really think or feel- I just did. It was like I was a marionette controlled by some larger, unknown force. When I was grounded, I always found myself at the park on the old jungle gym, staring up at the sky in wonderment.

“I haven’t seen you here in years.” Patrick stated, climbing up and sitting down next to me.

“I haven’t had the time in a long while.”

“But you have the time now?”

I responded by bringing my legs closer to my chest and burying my face in my knees.

“Emmy, where’s your family?”

I buried my face further in my knees before stretching all the way out and laying down on the harsh metal bars. I watched as the clouds passed me by.

“Ok then, that’s a sore subject.” He said nonchalantly, laying down beside me. “What are you thinking about?”

“Why do people assume that when someone’s quiet, they’re thinking of a million things at once? Why can’t we just sit and let time pass us by?”

He let out a deep throated chuckle. “Emmy, you’re the same girl I grew up with. And besides, this is your thinking spot.”

“Yea, you got me there, Patty boy.” I still didn’t have any emotion in my voice. What is wrong with me?

“Seriously, Emmy, what were you thinking about?”

I sat up. “This place holds a lot of memories, doesn’t it? For us. For the band…for me.”

“Yea, it does.” He said, sitting up to join me. It was his turn to cuddle his knees to his chest.

We stayed in a comfortable silence for a bit.

“Emmy, I’ve known you forever. What’s wrong?”

“My John Doe died.”

“That’s not everything.”

I turned to look at him. “Can’t I have my secrets?!” I raised my voice.

“Emmy, this is beyond secrets! You have an entire crypt now tell me what’s wrong!” He shouted back.

“You’re not the only person in the world who has lost a son, Patrick Martin Stump.” I seethed, flipping him off and running toward the park entrance. I just let my feet take over and ran until they stopped… right outside of his house.

I stood on his front porch for the longest time, taking it all in. A million memories flashed through my head at once…a million happy memories. That was when I realized that Pete was the only guy who made me truly happy. He was the only one who could piss me off so much, yet at the end of the day, I still loved him…yes, loved him. I don’t know how it happened, but it did.

I took in a sharp breath and turned to leave. I was half way down the driveway when he called me. I stopped immediately and slowly turned on my heel to look at him. He needed to shave. He needed to work out a little more. He needed a lot of things, but that didn’t really matter to me right then, because he was standing there, in just a shirt and boxers, staring at me- the girl who repeatedly turned him down- with the most confused eyes ever. He looked truly lost.

“Emmy, what are you doing here?”

“Do you remember that jack-ass of a boy and the scared little girl that you mentioned last year?”

He nodded.

“Good, because this scared little girl is ready to admit that she was wrong…and that she loves the jack-ass of a boy... she’s loved him all along.”

His eyebrows knitted in confusion.

“Maybe this will help,” I said softly, running up and kissing him.

He pushed me back lightly and looked deeply into my eyes. “Emmy…”

“I wanted to say I’m sorry- for leading you on, turning you down millions of times, for breaking your heart…everything I have ever done to you.”

He looked down and refused to meet my eyes.

“Everything except…well, to love you.”

He lifted his head. “Really?”

“Yea, it’s the one thing I don’t regret.”

“But, Brian?” He asked, catching the glint off the rings that I still wore.

“Took my son and filed for divorce.” I said sliding the rings off my finger. “As far as I’m concerned, he wants nothing to do with me.”

He placed two fingers under my chin and lifted my head up. “Anyone who thinks that doesn’t know what they’re missing.”

I smiled. “So, is that an I forgive you Peter Wentz style?”

“I was never mad at you. Sure, we did some pretty hurtful things to each other and we both overreacted on several occasions, but I always knew that you would return to me… one day.” He smiled down at me and placed butterfly kisses at the corners of my lips before placing his tender lips against my own. We parted lips at the same time and explored each other’s mouths for the first time in years. It felt so good when he wrapped his arms around my waist and my fingers snaked through his oily hair.

I had to pull back due to lack of oxygen. I looked to my left to see Parker smiling brightly at me and nodding in approval before he faded from sight. My smile grew and I brought my eyes back to Pete’s.

He smiled down at me and pecked my nose before resting our foreheads together. “I’ve said it a million times before and I’ll say it a million times again: I fell in love with you the very first time I saw you. Yes, you tripped over Pandora and sprained your ankle, but you were the most beautiful person I had ever met. I love you, Emmy Stump.”

I smiled and pecked his lips. “And I love you, Peter Wentz. It took me ten years to say it, but it’s true.”

“Better late than never. By the way, you’re the original Fall Out Girl.”

“No, Peter, I’m the only Fall Out Girl. Better get that into your pretty little head.”

He laughed and pulled me closer to him. “Let’s go inside.”

“Only if you promise to never write an Emmy-bashing song ever again.”

“Honey, I got the girl. There’s no reason to write anymore Emmy-bashing songs.”

The sounds of laughter trailed in out wake as we went inside his house and went up into his room.

I was starting a new life with a clean slate. Life couldn’t get any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!

Final thoughts before I write the epilogue?

I hope everyone has enjoyed reading this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it, even though I had my angry moments. lol. If you've been a fan from the beginning, then thanks for sticking with it. And to those of you who are newer, then thanks for reading and commenting! Your thoughts have been so helpful.

=D Bree

Check out my other stories and leave them love!