Status: Complete.

Just Come Running

What I'm looking for.

Beth stayed for the rest of the winter break and I drove the both of us back California on the 8th January, 3 days before the new semester started. There’s been parties going on before we got back, but Beth and I decided just to hang around my home a little longer. I wanted to stay because I missed my family. I’m pretty sure Beth wanted to stay because of Clark. Not that I confronted her about it. They just smiled too much around each other for nothing to be going on.

Jesse and I? Well, we fucked a least once in the morning, twice in the evening and sometimes during the day. But by no means did our pact of friendly fucking alter. Nope, no strings attached. Hell, he even brought another guy to Kellan’s New Year’s Eve party. It was kinda strange really. Outside my bedroom, we acted no different than we ever had done. Made me feel better about the whole arrangement if nothing else. And it definitely got my mind off Tyler.

Speaking of Tyler, we’re at a party that he’s apparently at too. I haven’t seen him yet, but I wonder how his winter break went? Did he come back home? I didn’t see him back in Toledo. I don’t think it’s wrong that I still want to know that he’s okay. Is it? Anyway, I’m at a house party with Beth and Johnny, although right now Beth is talking to some girls from her course so it’s just Johnny and I drinking. To be fair, I’m not drinking much. I just want to find Tyler. For conversational reasons, obviously.

But when I did find him, my blood ran cold. Across the room from me, Tyler had his arms wrapped round a tall blonde guy, unashamedly grinding into his ass. W-What? I don’t understand. Johnny followed my confused and hurt gaze, before groaning.

“I, um…there’s something I think you should know,” Johnny said awkwardly.

“What?” I whispered, not taking my eyes off of Tyler.

“He, um, he’s been fucking around,” Johnny confessed.

“What do you mean he’s been fucking around?” I hissed.

“It’s just what I’ve heard, bro. He came back a couple of days before you and Beth did, and he’s been hooking up left, right and centre. I don’t really know what to say,” Johnny sighed.

I clenched my fists, tears pooling in my eyes. Yeah, I may have fooled around with Jesse this holiday, but we were never anything more than that. I did not move on or sleep around. What the fuck, Tyler?!

“Aww man! Jenkins already picked his hook-up for the night! I wanted his dick filling my ass!”

I scowled at the whining voice coming from behind me, not recognising the average-looking guy. How dare he talk about Tyler like that?! Without even thinking, I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him against the wall, resulting in a yelp from the shorter boy.

“What the fuck, man?” he squeaked.

“If you take one step near Tyler, I will break your fucking legs. Do you hear me?” I growled.

The boy’s face paled, but he didn’t answer, only making me angrier.

I said do you hear me?!” I yelled.

“Drew, Drew, let him go,” Johnny hissed, tugging on my shoulder.

I slammed the boy’s head against the wall before releasing my hold on him, glaring at him while he ran away. Serves him right. Out of instinct I glanced over at Tyler, only to find him staring at me. I expected a smirk. I almost expected a sneer. But I got nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

How can he look at me with indifference? After all we went through?! Tyler looked away from me as the boy he was grinding on whispered in his ear and smirked, before grabbing his hand and leaving the room. I don’t need to follow them to know they’re heading upstairs.

“Drew? Earth to Drew?” Johnny said in my ear.

I looked down at him, not knowing whether to yell, cry or freak out. What the hell happened to make Tyler so uninterested? Before the break we at least acted as if there was still some love between us. What the fuck changed so harshly?

“Tyler left with that guy. And he looked at me with a completely blank face. Not hatred, not a smirk, nothing. I don’t understand,” I murmured.

“Well…what are you going to do about it?” Johnny asked.

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“I mean, you can get angry and stew in your own misery. Or you can ignore it and pretend it’s not happening. Or you can do the same,” Johnny shrugged.

“Do the same?” I said, confused.

“Move on. Fool around a bit. You started over winter break, why not carry on? Tyler has, so why can’t you?” Johnny said with a small smile.

I chewed my bottom lip, thinking over his words. Why couldn’t I move on? Tyler has. He proved he doesn’t care about me, so why should I hold onto my care about him? I can move on. I can block off my heart. I can pretend like I don’t care about anyone any more. Right? Johnny took one look at my facial expression and smirked.

“Alright Drew! Get some ass tonight!” Johnny whooped.

I laughed and punched him in the arm, before turning my gaze to the room. There are a lot of good-looking guys here tonight. I could definitely cut off my emotions and find someone here tonight. The corner of my lips curled into a smirk as my eyes fell on a dark haired guy, a little shorter than me but a little more muscled. He saw me looking and smirked back, before starting to walk over. Piece of ass? Piece of cake.

I just hope I don’t regret this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, well you guys made the Andrew/Jesse thing out to be a lot more than it was!
Jesse did say it was just a holiday fling to service their needs ;)
And that sounded so wrong haha.
OKAY…
The story takes a new turn in the next chapter =]

Thanks for all the comments =] I love them as much as lightbulbs like exploding over my head (yes, this actually happened to me today!)

MyCornerOfTheWoods (x2!)
Hello Fascination.
CeraRachel
miss.sobriety (lol Jesse’s just a horny college kid, take no notice!)
Skwahdala
Emily4894
dinosaursgorawr (I will dismiss that notion right now!)
Wake!UP!DEaD!
poisongirl24
call me by your name
Rory The Roman (I like the Clark/Beth thing too haha)
eragorn122
LetLive (x2!)
revengefulvampire
Scream For Me. (300th commenter!)
Never the Miracle

xo