Status: Complete.

Just Come Running

But I've got time.

6 hours. That’s how long the fucking drive took from Stanford University to the ski resort on Mammoth Mountain. I thought it would be quicker than that seeing as Mammoth is in California too, but apparently not. Johnny was just as cranky as I was when we got out the car, but his was due to lack of food rather than his legs falling asleep. Johnny’s parents picked us up at 7am this morning before taking the drive that didn’t stop. 7am?! It’s insane!

But, we’re here now and that’s all that matters. To be honest I’ve never seen so much snow in my life. This Spring Break is going to be fucking awesome. Especially when the chalet we’re staying in is this amazing. There is a big hotel, where the main check-in desk is, but there are also 20 large chalets which all link back to the main hotel. It’s a lot more private at least. And a lot nicer. This is all a little further out of the main town.

“Alright boys, you two wait here while we go and check in, and then we’ll all unload the bags, okay?” Johnny’s dad announced.

“Yes Sir,” I nodded, Johnny mumbling his agreement.

Soon enough Johnny and I were left on our own.

“I wonder what Sean’s doing,” I asked outloud.

“He’s probably jerking off to the memories of your fuckathon last night,” Johnny snickered.

I thought about it for a second, before shrugging. It’s a possibility.

“I’ll probably ring him later. Just to let him know we didn’t crash and burn on the journey,” I yawned.

Johnny nodded. “I’m sorry about not inviting him, Drew. I know there was an extra space because of Beth not coming,”

“Why do you say that?” I frowned.

“Well I was thinking about it as I was packing my shit last night, and I realised I didn’t even give him a reason. I just don’t know him that well, y’know? Neither do my parents, obviously, not like they know you and Beth. I mean, I know you’ve been dating him for nearly two months now, but I just thought it might be a bit awkward because I don’t know him all that much. I didn’t want you to think that I don’t like him or something,” Johnny said awkwardly.

I chuckled softly, shaking my head. “It’s fine, Johnny. I didn’t expect you to invite him. Friends don’t invite partners unless they’ve known them for ages, I get that. It’s fine, honestly,”

“Are you sure?” Johnny hesitated.

“Yeah, I’m sure,” I nodded.

And I’m not even lying. I understand. Johnny doesn’t know Sean all that well, obviously not like I do, so it’s perfectly reasonable. Besides, I don’t think Sean would’ve wanted to come anyway. He doesn’t like the cold.

“Okay boys, we have the two room keys. Let’s get unpacking!” Johnny’s mum said happily.

*

It was much later in the evening when we ventured out of the chalet. We’d bought food with us for late lunch, so after we’d all unpacked and had a short nap, we ate around the table. It was…strange to be hanging out with Johnny’s family. For one, I can’t remember the last time I spent time with a family that had both parents together and happily married. Hell, I never knew my dad and I never met my Uncle. Sure, Aunt Katy has Kellan now, but that’s not quite the same. Johnny’s parents are a lot like him – loud, cheerful, crude and carefree. He’s lucky.

Johnny’s dad even smokes, so the three of us lit up a cigarette each while we waited for Johnny’s mom to lock the front door, all of us wrapped up in thick coats, scarves, hats, gloves and heavy boots.

“Dirty habits,” she scolded playfully, linking her fingers with Johnny’s dad’s.

“You like my dirty habits,” Johnny’s dad smirked.

I snickered as Johnny grimaced.

“Really? Was that really necessary?” Johnny grumbled.

“How do you think you came into the world, little J?” Johnny’s dad grinned.

I just laughed harder, Johnny looking appalled.

“Enough! Gosh, you two are disgusting,” Johnny groaned.

“You’d better wear earplugs tonight then,” Johnny’s dad smirked, wriggling his eyebrows.

Johnny’s mom giggled and batted as his chest with her free hand, Johnny just gagging as I laughed harder than before. Oh yeah, this trip is going to be fun.

“We need to buy the ski passes and organise some ski lessons for Andrew before we go to dinner. Did you bring your money with you, Andrew? We can cover you if not,” Johnny’s mom said sweetly.

“It’s all in my pocket, don’t worry,” I smiled. Like I would let them pay for me.

“How many days do you reckon Drew will need lessons for?” Johnny asked, cocking his head.

“You said you’re naturally good at sports, right?” Johnny’s dad asked me. I just nodded. “I reckon about 3 days then. If it looks like you’ll need more then we can just book more,”

I nodded. That seems fair enough to me. Soon enough we reached the office and stopped outside. Johnny’s parents took my passport and money before walking inside, leaving Johnny and I outside in the light snowfall. Fuck, this place is beautiful.

“I can’t wait to get back on the slopes, man. I haven’t skied in so long,” Johnny said happily.

“And now you have the added bonus of amusement in my crashes!” I mused.

“Ah, you won’t stack it that much, I bet you’re a fucking natural. Everything seems to be natural to you,” Johnny grinned.

I shook my head in amusement. If only he knew how much I have to struggle for a lot of things.

I let Johnny continue rambling, nodding my head and smiling every now and again, as I looked around the town. There are a lot of people here, which surprises me for how late it is in the season. So many people. At least there’s no-one I recognise…

Woah.
That can’t be fucking right.

Short styled blonde hair. Expensive outfit. Wide beaming smile. Haunting grey eyes. No it can’t be. Not him. Max? Max Jenkins? No. No fucking way. This can’t be happening. But those eyes…they’re a Jenkins’ trait. No, I must just be imagining things. He definitely can’t be here. What if Tyler’s here too? What the fuck is he doing here?!

“Earth to Drew?”

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of Johnny’s voice.

“What’s wrong?” Johnny frowned.

“I think…I think I just saw someone I know,” I said softly, my eyes scanning the people in the street but not seeing him again.

“Well why don’t you go and say hi?” Johnny asked, confused.

“No,” I said shortly.

“What? Why?” Johnny said, frowning again.

“I must’ve just thought it was them. It couldn’t possibly be them. They can’t be here,” I rambled.

“Oookay. You must be going mad then, delirious from all that fucking last night,” Johnny teased.

“You’re just jealous that I’m getting laid,” I smirked, glad the conversation had changed.

Johnny opened his mouth to retort, but his parents appeared next to us, holding the ski passes.

“Are you boys ready for dinner?” Johnny’s mom asked, smiling.

“Yes ma’am,” I nodded.

I’m ready to get away from whatever the fuck I just saw. This can’t be happening!
♠ ♠ ♠
Mammoth Mountain resort

So I kinda forgot I hadn't updated this.
My bad!
It's just a filler really, but it starts off the Spring Break in an important place.
Something bad results in something good for Drew in the next chapter...

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! There haven't been as many comments as there used to be, but I'm hoping you guys are still enjoying it as much =] Please let me know your feedback!

Hello Fascination.
Wake!UP!DEaD!
JonnyCraig
Rory The Roman
miss.sobriety
revengefulvampire
SomethingLeftToGive
LetLive
O.o?
Baiser de la Morte

xo