Status: Complete.

Just Come Running

I just don't get this.

“Babe, do you want to hang out with me, Hayley and Lee today?” Tyler asked, running his fingers through my hair.

“I’d rather get my dick stapled to a desk every morning,” I retorted.

Tyler laughed, rolling his eyes. What? I’m serious.

“I mean it, Drew. Bring Beth and Johnny. It’ll be fun,” Tyler smiled.

I narrowed my eyes.

“Why are you pushing this? You know I don’t like Hayley,” I said, accusing.

“Exactly – she’s my flatmate and I want you to get to know her better. I don’t want you to hate my friends, Drew,” Tyler said softly.

“Ty…” I whined, not liking how I could feel my defences breaking down.

“Please, it’ll mean a lot to me,” Tyler added, looking me straight in the eyes.

And the barriers have come crashing down. Fuck him and how he can persuade me.

“Alright, fine. But the second she starts acting like a snot-nosed bitch, I’m out,” I said sharply.

“Deal,” Tyler grinned.

Looks like I’d better go and find my flatmates. I can’t imagine they’ll be happy about this either.

*

“Why are we doing this again?” Beth sighed, raising an eyebrow.

“Because Tyler wants me to get to know his friends better – and I’m not doing it alone. You two are my back-up,” I said innocently.

“I feel like a superhero sidekick! Do I get a cool nickname?” Johnny said excitedly.

“Yeah, boy-who-got-his-junk-punched-because-he-wouldn’t-shut-up,” Beth retorted.

I snickered. For a sweet quiet girl, she sure knows how to fire insults.

“It’s kinda long…but it’s catchy! I like it!” Johnny said with a grin.

Beth rolled her eyes but couldn’t help laughing as Johnny stuck his tongue out at her, sticking her tongue back out at him straight after. We walked into the Park where Tyler had told me to meet them, finding them easily with the sight of Hayley’s bright purple hair. Pretentious bitch. No, I’m going to be nice – for Tyler.

“Hey!” I called cheerfully, waving my hand.

Tyler grinned and waved back, making me feel a little better. Maybe this would work out okay.

“Hey baby,” Tyler said, pressing his lips to mine.

I smiled into the kiss before pulling away, putting down the cooler I’d been carrying and sitting down on the blanket that they’d laid out already.

“What’s in the box, dude?” Lee drawled.

Hmm, bloodshot eyes. Someone’s stoned…

“Beers, beers and more beers,” Johnny smirked.

“I like him already,” Lee said to Tyler.

Tyler laughed and threw his arm round Lee’s shoulder, squeezing gently. Uh, what is he doing?

“Lee, Hayley, this is Beth Sampson and Johnny DeLuca. Beth, Johnny, this is Lee Grove and Hayley Graham,” Tyler introduced.

“Beth’s a fashion student and Johnny…shit Johnny, what do you do?” I teased.

“Fuck knows, some form of a fucking language,” Johnny shrugged, taking a drag of a newly-lit cigarette.

“Fashion student, eh?” Hayley asked, raising an eyebrow.

Before I could open my mouth, Beth had opened hers.

“Yeah, and?” Beth said simply.

“It’d be nice to see one that can actually draw for shit,” Hayley shrugged.

I raised an eyebrow. What?!

“Hayley’s an art student and so is Lee,” Tyler explained.

“It’s so much fun, isn’t it Hayley?” Lee grinned.

Hayley just did another non-committal shrug. Pretentious bitch.

“…and then next week we get to draw naked models, and Tyler’s going to be my one!” Lee rambled.

Woah, he was still talking? And woah, Tyler’s what?!

“What?” I frowned.

“He didn’t tell you?” Hayley smirked.

“I forgot,” Tyler retorted, “But yeah, Lee’s drawing me next week,”

“Naked,” I said, deadpan.

“It’s not like I want to see his ugly ass naked,” Lee snickered.

“Dude, you’d never get to see anyone with a body like mine, let alone fuck one,” Tyler shot back.

“We’ll see about that,” Lee smirked, wriggling his eyebrows.

Tyler just laughed, as did Lee and Hayley. Beth, Johnny and I didn’t. What the fuck is going on? Why the fuck is Tyler acting like this?!

“How about we get started on these beers, huh?” Johnny said, trying to distract me.

“Hell yeah!” Lee grinned.

I stayed silent as the beers were passed around, not even speaking when Tyler finally took my hand in his. I don’t like this…thing between him and Lee. I don’t like it one bit. I’m not happy, but if Tyler can’t notice that, what the fuck am I meant to do?

*

The day had passed, and I still wasn’t happy. Tyler had continued with his behaviour, and he hadn’t even noticed I wasn’t happy. Right now I’m sitting with Beth and Johnny a little way away from Tyler, Hayley and Lee, each small group having our own conversations.

“What’s wrong, Drew? You’ve been frowning, like, all day,” Beth asked, concerned.

“It’s nothing,” I sighed.

“And that reply proved it isn’t nothing,” Johnny said, lighting up a cigarette.

I snatched the cigarette from his fingers, ignoring his protest, and took a long drag. How has anyone else not noticed how Tyler was flirting with Lee? How have I not noticed it before?! Johnny rolled his eyes and lit another cigarette, glancing around suspiciously before putting it in his mouth. Beth just sat silently, scrutinising me with her eyes while I smoked, waiting patiently for me to finish. At least she understands I need to take my time.

When I’d flicked the butt of the cigarette away and exhaled the last of the toxic smoke, I looked at my flatmates.

“I don’t like how Tyler flirts with Lee. I’ve only noticed it today, and it really pissed me off,” I said quietly, so only they would hear.

Beth chewed her bottom lip, frowning, while Johnny just looked confused.

“Are you sure they were flirting?” Johnny asked hesitantly.

“Winking? Smirking? Flirty phrases? Yeah, I’d say they were flirting!” I exasperated.

“Alright, Drew, calm down,” Beth said.

“Yeah, well, I don’t like it,” I muttered.

“Then you’ve got to talk to Tyler about it. You said you were trying to get back to the old you, right? I bet the old you wouldn’t have given a shit about confronting anyone,” Johnny mused.

He’s got a point. Fuck.

“That does sound like the old me,” I sighed, nodding.

“You don’t have to do anything you don’t want, Drew. Just do what makes you happy, yeah? That’s all we want,”

“If I was into girls with brains, I would so kiss you in agreement right now,” Johnny grinned.

Beth rolled her eyes, elbowing him sharply in the ribs, making me laugh as he whined. Even if I have only known these two for just over a year, they’re still the funniest motherfuckers I’ve ever met.

“DREW! ARE YOU READY TO GO?”

I looked over my shoulder at Tyler, who was standing with a bored-looking Hayley and a tired-looking Lee.

“Looks like I’m off. I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” I smiled.

“Good luck,” Johnny winked.

I got up and walked over to Tyler, waving at Beth and Johnny as they walked in the direction of our apartment, before taking Tyler’s hand.

“Is everything okay?” Tyler asked softly once we’d started walking, Lee and Hayley in front of us.

Fuck, how can he read me so easily? I can barely read his emotions at the best of times!

“Yeah, I just need to talk to you about something when we get back to your room,” I nodded, smiling weakly.

Tyler frowned but nodded, leaving us to walk in silence back to his apartment. Once we got back, Hayley immediately went to the alcohol cupboard and Lee went to the fridge, leaving Tyler and I to go to his room.

“Don’t disturb us. For anything,” Tyler said seriously as we passed his friends.

“Kinky,” Lee smirked, wriggling his eyebrows.

Tyler just grinned and winked, only encouraging me to want to confront him about this more. He can’t flirt like that. He can’t. Tyler shut his bedroom door behind me, leading me to sit on his bed, and when we were both comfortable I looked at him. Like, properly looked at him. Fuck, he’s so beautiful. It wouldn’t surprise me if I’m not enough for him.

“Alright, what’s on your mind?” Tyler prompted, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I swallowed heavily and looked down at my hands for a couple of seconds, wondering how to phrase it. I think I’m just going to have to blurt this out.

“I don’t like it when you flirt with Lee,” I said softly.

“Excuse me?” Tyler asked, surprised.

“You heard me, Ty. I don’t like it. I don’t like the winks, the smirks, the flirty words, any of it. It makes me uncomfortable, and I feel like I’m not good enough for you if you have to flirt with someone else to have fun,” I rambled.

I looked right back down at my lap after that, terrified to face Tyler. For all I know he could flip out at me, furious at the accusation. Shit, I didn’t think about that. He won’t get too mad, right?

“Is that seriously what you think?” Tyler eventually asked.

All I could do was nod. I didn’t trust myself to speak again.

“Shit,” Tyler groaned.

And that confused me. I lifted my head, frowning at him, frowning even more as he ran his hands over his face.

“I didn’t realise you got affected that way. It’s only a bit of fun, I swear. I’d never do anything with Lee. Stoners aren’t my type,” Tyler said seriously.

“I-I was hoping you’d say that. But do you really mean it? You’d never do anything with him?”

“No, Drew, I wouldn’t. I’ve got you, and I will never need or want anyone else. No-one else can measure up to you, you know that. This is just the friendship that Lee and I have,” Tyler smiled.

I blushed slightly, smiling too. Hearing those words makes me feel a lot better, if I’m being honest. And I know when he’s lying – this is one of the times that he isn’t.

“Okay. I’m sorry for being insecure about it,” I said quietly.

“Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for, okay?” Tyler murmured, taking my hands in his, “I’m glad we talked about it. High-school-you would always confront me,”

“Very true,” I nodded, chuckling softly.

Tyler smiled and lifted my hand to his lips, pressing his lips to my knuckles lightly before letting my hands go.

“I’ll tone down the flirtiness, if it’ll make you feel better. I don’t want you coming to assumptions that aren’t true,” Tyler offered.

I knew he cared.

“I’d like that,” I nodded.

Tyler grinned and leant forward, pressing a slow kiss to my lips that sent tingles all through my body. Fuck, how does he still affect me like that?

“Now, what you do want to eat for dinner?” Tyler asked.

I laughed, rolling my eyes. Subject change much?

“Well first I want to eat you…and then I don’t really care,” I said innocently.

I grinned at the haze of lust that passed over Tyler’s expression, laughing as he rapidly blinked to compose himself. But I stopped laughing when he (somehow) grabbed my hips and pulled me until I was straddling his lap.

“Mm, the old you is coming back. I like it,” Tyler purred.

I like it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’ve just realised I’ve never provided bigger pictures of their college friends – so here you are!
Beth (this is actually my flat mate, so don’t take without permission!)
Johnny
Hayley
Lee

So the old Andrew is slowly returning…
Will he be able to get back to his old nature?
Or will something prevent him?
Halloween comes in the next update =]

210 subscribers? That’s amazing! Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please keep it up – without you guys, I wouldn’t be writing this sequel =]

eragorn122
TheSoundOfGoodbye
Dodger
dinosaursgorawr
revengefulvampire
Nerdfighter;
Sexy kupkake!!!!!:p
x...LAM...x (lol, my initials are LAM – just thought I’d share that!)
cameron liddell;
LorenElizabethxoxo
Hello Fascination.
MyCornerOfTheWoods
Ace Lightning.
rawrritsjess
Frankie’s Gee

xo