Status: please comment and subscribe.

Monster

First Real Kiss

“I’m sorry”

Those were the first words that came out of Dex’s mouth as she pressed a wet cloth on his busted lip; she sighed as she tried to tend to his wounds. When Dex and Paul got into the fight in the theater they were kicked out almost immediately. Paul and his friends left right after not saying another word to the couple.

“I ruin the whole night for you” he winced as she pressed an ice pack on his forehead.

“No you didn’t” she cut him off before he kept muttering his strings of apologies to her. Sure she loved how he was apologizing but he was over doing it. Shiori knew he was sorry but he didn’t need to feel sorry that was the first time that stood up for her besides Ronnie.

“How?” Dex asked as his green eyes glanced up at the Asian that was before him. He was confused as to why she didn’t yell at him spilling to her how he ruined her night and that she was going to leave because she can’t handle violent behavior.

“Because you stood up for me; no one besides Ronnie has done for that for me so…thank you Dex I really appreciate it” she smiled softly as the teen as he smiled back at her.

Dex didn’t understand how someone as sweet as Shiori was being bullied from someone like Paul, when he saw her down the hall he always saw a fake smile on her face to hide from the world that she was hurting on the inside. “I don’t understand” he muttered.

Shiori didn’t hear what he said but she saw his lips moving so she asked him what he was mumbling about. Dex was like an open book so he spilled out what he was thinking about “I was just wondering how someone as beautiful and sweet as you gets bullied. Paul is a complete jackass for doing this to you”

Shiori paused as a blush crept on her cheeks, did he really mean what he just said? It was all new to her to have a boy say that to her other than her new friends Jacob, Embry, and Quil. It was different when Dex said those things to her; had her more sure of herself when he told her those things.

She then finished off cleaning the blood off his face as she stood up helping him up from the concrete sidewalk they were on. Some people were looking at them with weird expressions wondering what they were doing and when Shiori was going to let go of his hand he kept a tight grip on hers making her chocolate eyes gaze up at him.

“You are beautiful Shiori always remember that and no one deserves to be bullied” her breath hitched when he stepped closer to her, she can hear her heart pounding in her chest wondering if she should go for it. Was he leaning in for a kiss? Shiori didn’t know and didn’t want to risk making a fool out of herself so she stood still.

Dex stopped a little more than halfway as he ran his thumb across her cheek wiping the small tear that escaped her eye. She blinked as he continued to smile at her “Why don’t we get something to eat before I take you home?” he suggested.

That was when her stomach started to growl in agreement she totally forgot that she didn’t eat when she was at the movies. Paul being there to pick on her and suddenly everything was forgotten and that went along with her appetite. Shiori nodded as Dex strung her along down the block to find something to eat; they finally stopped at a simple sushi place that he favored.

As they sat down to eat Shiori expertly pulled her chopsticks apart as she picked the sushi that was rolling down the belt. Shiori didn’t realize that there was a hand picking at the sushi from the corner of her eye she glanced to the side to see it was Dex picking up his sushi with his hands. He paused what he was doing when he saw her looking at him with an unbelievable expression.

“What?”

“…do you know how to use chopsticks?” tapping the two sticks together as a reference.

Dex blushed for the first time as he chuckled nervously “No I don’t. I’m not good at using the chopsticks so I just stick to my hands”

Shiori smiled lightly as she grabbed his chopsticks and his hands “Here let me show you” she positioned his hands with the chopsticks as she started to explain how to use them Dex couldn’t help but look at her. His green eyes scanned her physical features and thought she was absolutely stunning in his eyes.

“-ou got that?” she finished.

Shiori peered up to see a questionable face on his face which made her laugh “You weren’t paying attention were you?”

He apologized as she gave a shorter version of what she said; she was thankful he didn’t hear her because her heart was beating a hundred miles per minute and kept stuttering and fumbling with her words as she explained to him.

Shiori showed him a demonstration picking up her sushi and taking a bite “Now you try” her eyes were on him as he clumsy hands tried to pick up the sushi and would fall on the plate before it reached his mouth. Throughout the whole dinner she was giving him pointers on how to use chopsticks so he wouldn’t be using his hands for eating the whole time.

“You use learn how to use chopsticks. You don’t know when they will come in handy”

“Like you taking me to your hometown?”

“Exactly” Shiori answered without thinking about it.

That was when it hit her he said and then what she said; as she looked back at him she looked at him surprised “You really would want that?” Dex nodded saying it would be a great experience to see China with her, seeing the world was something he would want to do and traveling with her to see where she came from would be an experience he would never forget.

“Okay” she shyly smiled as she wiped her mouth of any food that was around her mouth before Dex insisted on paying yet again. It took some effort this time for him to pay but he did it nonetheless he didn’t want his date to pay for anything tonight and getting into that fight was his fault.

Dex was a complete gentleman the whole night opening doors and closing them behind her and making sure that she was fine throughout the whole night. Also standing up for her was the highlight of the night even though she doesn’t condone violence that was something she wanted someone to do for a long time.

As she stepped on her door step she turned back around to see Dex right behind her she beamed at him “I had a great time Dex”

“Me too even though we are both drenched in soda and popcorn” Shiori could still feel the sticky liquid on her clothes but she didn’t care when Dex distracted her by being so sweet. She had a nice time and wasn’t going to have some stain on her clothes to ruin the night for her.

This was the time that she didn’t know what to do, shaking hands was too formal for the two and they were way beyond that. Hugging was something intimate and a kiss was shared between two people that like each other and she didn’t know if Dex liked her that much to share that.

Her thoughts were silence when she felt something warm on her lips when she came back to reality she realized that Dex was kissing her. Shiori closed her eyes as she relished in the feeling of his soft lips on hers; he moved his lips slowly as she tried to mimic his movements but they were sloppy.

As he pulled away he smirked at her as his thumb stroked her hip bone as his breath fan across her face “I’ll see you at school?” he muttered. She nodded not knowing what do or say as she turned around and unlocked the door she closed it right behind her as her heart hammered in her chest. Shiori pressed her back on the door before she smiled, now that time was a real kiss unlike the small peck on the cheek Dex gave her when he asked her out.

Maybe there was something there and she loved it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long wait XD I have been so swamped with presentations and papers I swear they were going to fly out of my ass. haha. I have a few more things to do but I thought i should give you this before going back to my work. Hope you like it!