Status: please comment and subscribe.

Monster

Stumped

Shiori couldn’t help but stare at Embry the next week as he hung around Paul and Jared; it was so weird how he wouldn’t even acknowledge her down the hallway. He wouldn’t even look at her. It broke her heart that he was acting like this and when she shared this with Ronnie she just rolled her eyes saying let the asshole hang out with his kind.

Embry wasn’t an asshole though.

Embry was sweet, kind, generous and an all-around good guy so why hang out with people like them? It didn’t make any sense. Pursing her lips she looked at his new look, his long dark brown wavy hair that passed his shoulders was now all gone with the boyish haircut that he now adorned with Paul and Jared.

Shiori has been trying to find some way to talk to Embry without actually having any of her friends around her but it has become a huge obstacle. Ronnie, Dex or Jake was always around her and even though Jake was more relaxed with her his eyes were still trained on her basically telling her not to try what she wanted to do.

The girl even met the friend that Jake has been going on and on about; Bella Swan. Some white girl that moved in with her father from Arizona. She was a bit bland for Jake in her opinion and seeing the looks that Jake has been giving Bella she could tell that he was growing some feelings for her.

Not that Shiori was saying that she was a supermodel but Bella seem pretty average all around and her clumsiness would get her killed one day. What was weird was that all of the boys were there at the bonfire so to say that it wasn’t weird was an understatement. Shiori was glad that Dex and Ronnie couldn’t make it because they probably would have caused a scene. Bella was pretty into the stories that Billy was sharing with the whole group but this time was different.

Embry actually was focused on the stories themselves as if they have a newfound meaning while Jake wasn’t really paying attention at all and was eyeing Embry from afar. It was hard to see that two best friends were now awkward around one another but Quil seem to distract Jake as much as possible.

Seeing that Embry was on the move she quickly followed him and made sure that none of her friends were around. It took a lot for her to even walk up to Embry to see what was going on, “Embry” she called out. Even his name sounded so weird tumbling out of her mouth like it did, it didn’t sound friendly or happy it just sounded foreign to her.

Embry halted as Shiori’s voice rang in his ears before he turned around to see what she wanted “Shiori” he mumbled.

She didn’t want the hurt to be written all over her face but she missed how he used to call her Ori all the time, it was his idea to start calling her that. “Embry” she muttered as she walked closer to him “Can I talk to you for a moment?”

His dark eyes scanned around the hallways as the bell rang “We are going to be late for class if we talk”

“It’s alright, we can skip” he rose his brow at that idea.

“You? Skipping class? You have changed?” that made her even more confused. How did she change? What was he talking about? Everything about this place was making it more and more confusing her to even understand. Shaking her head she asked “Please?”

His eyes said everything, his eyes were begging her not to pull him aside so they can talk, that they didn’t need to have this heart to heart. Embry didn’t want to hurt Shiori’s feelings and going down this road he was going to hurt one of his dearest friends. He bit the inside of his lip “I don’t think it’s such a good idea”

“Embry” she pleaded “I just want to talk to you”

It took everything Embry had to say yes as they snuck out of the school and into a back space where they would be well hidden. Shiori took a seat on a tree root that was coming out of the ground as Embry sat a little farther away from her that what she would have expected.

That alone, hurt her feelings.

She could already feel the distance between them; it was farther than she realized. Shiori thought that maybe talking to him would make him consider but still sitting here with him face to face for the first time in weeks it was clearer to her now that she wouldn’t be able to change his mind. It doesn’t hurt to try though; she wanted to hear it through his mouth.

“Embry” she took a deep breath “What’s going on with you?”

The Native American teen just stared at her like he didn’t know what she was talking about “You know exactly what I am talking about. Getting sick to coming back telling Jake that you can no longer be friends anymore…what is the matter with you? Why are you hanging out with them?”

Embry pursed his lips “You wouldn’t be able to understand”

“Jake told me that was what you told him but please clarify that. Help me understand, Em. We want to help you”

He narrowed his eyes at Shiori clearly offended “Help? I don’t need any help Shiori. I now know things that I never knew were possible and hanging out with Sam made things clearer.”

Shiori shook her head “No it hasn’t. You are just so confused and hanging out with the wrong crowd could lead down dangerous roads Embry. You are like family to us Embry and you not talking to us like we don’t exist really hurt our feelings”

“They are my family Shiori and I am sorry that you are hurt but there is no other way than this”

The girl didn’t know what to make of it as he stood up seeing the tears crawling up into her eyes, “I gotta go…school is almost over” she swallowed the lump in her throat as she nodded her head as she stared at Embry who walked closer to the school. Each step he took it was like her heart was breaking crack by crack.

I guess this is what losing a friend feels like

Leaning on the trunk she breathed in and out as she sat out there for a little while longer; she decided not to go to practice today. Shiori needed the time to herself to clear things in her head before she went to her violin lesson. Even during her lesson she was out of tune and her teacher knew that herself.

“Why don’t we finish for today? Come back when you are level headed” practically kicking her out.

Her mind wasn’t all there as she walked down the street of Port Angeles it was a nice town and she wanted to do some shopping for her baby brother but nothing seems that interesting. Pressing the button for her to cross she leaned on the pole before she saw the green light, taking her first step out towards the street her eyes widened when she heard a horn blaring in front of her.

She screamed when she felt something grip the back of her tunic pulling her away from the blinding light of the car as it whizzed on by. Her heart was going a million miles per minute as she put a hand over her heart “Thank…” she turned around to thank the person that saved her life but her words got stuck seeing Paul standing behind her.

“You” she muttered softly staring into his eyes.

Heat rushed to her cheeks when his intense stare seeing right through her “Watch where you are going. Next time I won’t be here to save your ass”

Shiori bit her lip as she looked down in shame apologizing again giving a slight bow; Paul stood there slightly uncomfortable seeing her apologize in shame for being so reckless. He knew that he should be a little nicer to her because that’s what Jared said so he can gain her trust but it’s so hard since he always terrorized her.

“Just be careful next time” he mumbled watching everything around them expect for her.

Despite his anger his heart continuously pounded in his ribcage as nerves started to take control of him; to be this close to Shiori was unbelievable and to not have that stupid jock with her was something rare. He had to make sure though… “Where’s that boyfriend of yours”

Shiori stared up at him with a shy response “He’s at football practice” her eyes looked around before she asked what he was doing there. What was he doing there? He saw Shiori chasing down Embry when he walked away from him and Jared and that ball of jealously started to roll out of control. It pissed him off that Embry could grab the attention of Shiori so easily and Jared had to remind him that Embry was one of Shiori’s close friends.

Now he followed her and listened to the music that she created with her violin; it was impeccable even with the tweaks that she made. Something was clearly on her mind when she played since she didn’t play as fluidly as last time.

“No reason” he replied like it was no big deal.

“Oh well, I better get going. My mom is waiting for me back home” pointing towards the direction of her car.

Paul felt deflated that she had to leave and the nagging voice of Jared was pressing hard on his conscious. As he watched her walk away from him he called out “Hey you!” she still turned around with a quizzed look on her face. He wanted to smack himself for calling her that but he didn’t say anything else before he said “…See you at school”

That was the lamest thing he has ever said in his entire life to a girl.

Paul was fucking pathetic
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this chapter :D Paul and Shiori will get closer, I promise! Thank you for all of your comments and love.

Also R.I.P. the lovely and talented Ms. Whitney Houston you will truly be missed.