Status: please comment and subscribe.

Monster

Why Are You in my House?

“Eric Manning”

“Here”

“Priscilla River”

“Here”

“Paul Grey” the teacher glanced up seeing that there wasn’t the normal grunt that the boy would make during roll call. Scanning the room twice he muttered to himself “Absent…again” Shiori was getting a little worried seeing the empty seat that once occupied her terrorist.

As much as she was scared of him these past few days have been a bit weird not having him here. It didn’t worry her that much when he wasn’t here the first day but then day after day he still wouldn’t come. It has been three days already, forth counting today.

Her brown doe eyes met one of Paul’s buddies as they sneered at her before laughing at something the other person said right next to him. They all ignored her today which she was grateful for; Paul was the one that instigated the teasing in the first place. Shiori paid more attention not having paper balls being thrown at her or chewed up gum or paper being flung at her.

Actually, these four days have been pretty good if she said so herself. Using her brain like Ronnie told her to do; she started to hang out with at least one of her friends that she made this year to avoid teasing. The weird thing was that it worked really well; no one would tease her when she was around Jacob, Quil, Embry, Mana or Ronnie.

But now that she isn’t being pushed around that often anymore except for Sherri having a few classes that she is alone with the young Asian is able to see that Paul hasn’t been coming to class or school. She hasn’t passed him by the hall or anything. Biting her lip the bell rang for her last period which was volleyball collecting her things and putting them in her bag she grabbed her duffel bag and book bag when the teacher called out to her.

“Ms. Song can I see you for a moment?”

She gulped while she nodded as she walked over to the intimidating teacher in tiny steps as people were looking at her while they walked out of class. Those murmurs erupted again but she ignored them when Mr. Falcon started to talk “You probably have noticed that Mr. Grey hasn’t been attending class as of late”

“Yes I have” she murmured thankful that it wasn’t about the walkout that she had days ago.

“Well the principal doesn’t appreciate students skipping or missing class for a certain amount of days in a row and since this is his fourth day. Principal Blackwood wants you to collect the homework from all his classes and deliver to him since you are one of the few students that owns a car”

That freaked Shiori out that people knew that she owned a car better yet the teachers since most of them already in the school when she arrives in her new vehicle. Nodding, she looked down at the stack the teacher set out for Paul “This is all the work he has been missing and go over each paper with him since I have certain instructions for each sheet”

“Yes sir” taking the pile in her hands she smiled at her teacher as she bid him goodbye; who knew that she would be the one delivering homework to the teen that made her day gloomy. As Shiori went by each class most students would start muttering under their breath when she entered the room asking for the homework for Paul.

“You think Paul is dating that chick?”

“Who knows, but she probably had to do some favors to take his homework to him since she is madly in love with him like the rest of the female population” she could picture the eye roll the teen boy did; she smiled at the teacher before walking out of the classroom.

Were people that pathetic to make up stories like that? That was farther than the truth and if they have seen the way Paul has treated her they would think differently. How can she have such feelings for him when all he has done is bully her? It didn’t make sense.

Shaking her head she huffed as she set down her duffel bag and taking out one of the plain folders that she has empty for her homework she put the stacks of paper in it before putting it back in the book bag. Grabbing her black duffel bag her heels clicked on the tile floor echoing with each step that she took; the boots that she was wearing today were getting a little bit uncomfortable with all the walking that she was doing but she handled the little pressure on her feet when she entered the locker room.

Shiori smiled when Mana ruffled her light brown hair “Great job today Ori, you’re getting better each and every day” it was those kind of compliments that raise her spirits.

Her eyes shined “Thanks so much”

Mana nodded as she walked side by side with the sophomore “Heard that you are taking Paul’s homework for him later on today”

Shiori looked at her shocked “News travel that fast, huh?” she was tired of this small little favor she was doing was spreading like wildfire into something that wasn’t true. She knew that Mana heard other things other than her delivering homework to the older teen.

“Don’t worry. I don’t believe a word those people told me; if people used their brains they would see that you are actually scared of him…” she gave her a comforting smile before she pushed back her black ink hair “If you don’t want to I could give them to him since his house is on the way to mine”

The sophomore knew that she was offering out of the kindness of her heart instead of taking this as an advantage to visit Paul’s house. Doesn’t matter if there were several girls that had a crush on the tall teen; he never showed any interest whatsoever no matter who talked to him, the head cheerleader or the richest girl in school his face always held that indifference expression.

“No it’s okay. I have to since I have to explain to him what he should do with each homework assignment” if it wasn’t for the special instructions for the homework she would have gladly given the piles of paper to the senior.

Mana gave her a side hug “Well if he ever gives you a hard time just tell me and I will set him straight”

Shiori just nodded not sure what to think of that since Mana has never talked to Paul before and picturing the tall Native American teen standing up to the other one would probably make things tenser than it actually was. She sent her gratitude for saying those things as she changed her clothes into the ones she had on before.

Except she kept her running shoes on since her feet were still sore from the hours of walking in those boots that Ronnie bought her the beginning of the year. Hugging the older teen she waved at her before she walked out into the cold weather that was La Push putting her bags in the passenger seat before heading out.

Shiori wasn’t worried about Ronnie since the blond had some things to take care of and had to leave early during practice. She looked at the address that the administration woman gave her so she can deliver the homework to Paul and all the way there it just struck her why she had to take this to him?

Obviously there were people who knew Paul or his friends that knew the way that could give him the homework. Pursing her lips, they probably don’t trust any of them to give him the homework or lose it saying some pathetic excuse that the dog ate it.

As her car rolled up at the medium sized house she slowly looked up seeing that it looked vacant at the moment. Was he here? Of course he would be, he was sick after all or that was kind of the guess that everyone was taking since he has been absent for four days.

Taking the folder that held his homework inside of it she got out of her car and walked to the front porch. Her little heart was hammering inside her chest as her fist was shaking when she did a few rapid knocks on the door.

There was silence making her worry if no one was actually home but when she heard footsteps coming closer to the front door she started to panic. Her knees started to quake waiting for Paul to open the door and give her that infamous glare that she was always given. When the door opened she saw someone with longer black shiny hair along with black eyes with thin lips giving her a confused look.

“May I help you?” the woman looked at her cautiously as Shiori just blinked not really thinking that she would have someone else other than Paul answer the door.

“Um, I’m Shiori Song from Paul’s school and I was told to deliver his homework to him since he has been absent for a few days” the young girl couldn’t help but mutter those words out as the taller woman wiped her hands on her apron before nodding.

“Okay. I would take them but my hands are dirty why don’t you come inside?” the woman gave her a warm smile seeing that this girl was just a shy teen that was kind enough to get his homework.

“Oh, no it’s alright. I don’t want to intrude”

“You’re not. Please come in” opening the door wider for the Asian to come in.

Taking steps inside the woman chuckled “Where are my manners I’m Faith Grey, Paul’s mother”

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Grey”

“Please call me Faith” she directed the young girl towards her son’s room before walking back into the kitchen. Why was she in her bully’s house? She thought. So many thoughts were spinning in her head that she couldn’t focus on one thing. When she came to the first room on the left she knocked on the door softly.

“What?” Shiori’s voice was stuck in her throat as she opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out; she felt defeated when he said again “Mom what is-” the door opened and his voice wasn’t muffled anymore as he looked down to see the girl that he has been teasing nonstop in front of his room.

“…why are you in my house?” raising a brow at the little Asian girl that looked frightened at the moment and from her pale face he couldn’t tell if she got paler but his guess was that she was. Shiori snapped out of it as she held out the dark folder out to him.

“I-I brought your homework for you. I was told that I should tell you what to do with each sheet” she trailed off when Paul rolled his eyes seeing that she avoiding his gaze by looking down.

“My eyes are up here ya know?” flicking her chin up to his face but her bright red cheeks gave it away that she was embarrassed “What’s the matter? Never seen a half-naked guy before?” her cheeks grew warmer as she bit her lip not answering.

Since she wasn’t talking anymore and teasing her in his own house wasn’t that fun he said “Well you know your way out” he slammed his door shut with the folder in hand and that was when Shiori let out a huge breath she was holding.

With shaky legs she pattered down the stairs towards the door that equaled freedom “Shiori? You leaving so soon?” she froze when Faith came in with no apron this time and clean hands.

“Afraid so”

“Why don’t you stay for dinner? It would be nice to have another person in the house” Faith’s offer was so tempting since she was so kind but when her mind kept reminding her of Paul that was upstairs she had to decline.

“I’m sorry. I can’t; my mother is expecting me home-”

Faith’s eyes lit up when she heard of Shiori’s mother “Yuki Song is your mother right? Hold on” she walked away leaving a clueless teen standing by the door thinking how she knew her mother since the recognition in her eyes were evident.

When Faith came back she had a paper bag in her hands “These are a few dishes that your mother wanted to try since she was eyeing them at the small gathering we had months ago so I made it just for her. Can you give these to her?”

Shiori grabbed the bag from the older woman’s hands “Thank you so much. You are far too kind” she went back to her old habit and bowed not knowing what else to do. When Faith smiled and bowed back her eyes widened at the respect this woman had for her culture and didn’t question or snicker at her thank you.

“You’re very welcome. You and your family are welcome to come by any time for dinner” Shiori nodded as she stepped out of the house “Have a safe drive home!”

“I will” she shouted back as she put the bag at the bottom of the passenger seat before climbing into the driver’s seat. Turning on her car she started to back out of the small dirt driveway to see that Paul was looking at her the whole time she drove away. The one thing that she just remembered to ask Paul was why he was staying home since he didn’t look feverish at all.

Things were starting to get weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shiori infiltrated Paul's lair! He seems a bit weird right? Who knows I'm just making up whatever right at the moment but his mother is so sweet isn't she? :D Thank you magmababe141 and Somerhalder for your lovely comments!