Status: updating soon

When Hope Begins to Fade

Happy

I tried to skate fast and cut across the middle of the rink to get to Brian, Jimmy and my girls. Instead I fell face first into the rink in front of a few people. That lead to me being kicked in the side by skates and those few people falling on me.

“Fuck.” I mumbled after I got up.

There were four people that had fell on me. They had quickly got up and stood there looking at me.

“Sorry.” I said. I knew that I had just embarrassed myself. Way to go Zacky.

“Are you okay?” A tall guy with blonde hair and blue eyes asked.

“I’m fine.” I told him. He arched an eyebrow up but skated off as did the other three.

Val and Matt were both staring at me.

“Are you okay Zack?” Val asked once her and Matt skated to me.

“Fine.” I told her.

“You don’t look like it.” she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Seriously dude.” Matt said.

I felt fine. I knew I would have some bruises. I didn’t ache bad. I then remembered about Maddy and Ali. I looked around and saw that they were almost to us now.

“Daddy!” Maddy said once she saw me.

“Dude, are you okay?” Jimmy asked as he sat Maddy down on her feet.

Matt helped get Ali off Brian’s shoulders.

“Seriously man.” Brian spoke.

Maddy skated to me. “Daddy you have blood going down the side of your face.” She pointed to the right side of my face.

I touched my face where she had pointed at and I felt the sticky substance. I looked at my fingers and saw dark red blood. I guess I got kicked in the side of the head with a skate.

“Oh, so nobody was going to tell me? Instead I was going to keep getting asked if I was okay?” I was kind of annoyed.

“You seriously didn’t know?” Brian asked me. I shook my head no.

“See, we knew you weren’t fine.” Val said.

“You would have thought that you could feel the blood going down the side of your face.” Matt stated.

Michelle had skated over to our group. “Oh my God what happened to you?” she asked once she saw me.

I groaned. I knew I needed to wash my face off and stop the bleeding. I skated off and headed to the bathrooms while everyone else talked.

“He fell.” I heard Val say.

“Then people fell on him.” Matt chuckled.

I groaned as I got farther away from them. I went into the bathroom. I got a paper towel and wet it before sitting down on the floor. I put it on the side of my face. I then took off my skates. I knew that I didn’t want to skate anymore. I stood back up and went over to the mirror. I moved the wet paper towel and saw a little cut. It wasn’t even bleeding anymore. I wiped off the blood before throwing away the paper towel.

I didn’t even know why I decided to try and skate across the middle for anyway. I couldn’t skate well. I guess I just freaked out over Maddy and Ali. Nothing even happened…except to me.

I grabbed my skates and exited the bathroom. I sat down at a table and put my shoes back on. I took the skates back to the counter and sat back down at the table. I knew that nobody wouldn’t to leave yet and that I would become bored.

X

Later that day, the eight of us went to Pizza Hut. Johnny and Lacey had joined us. First thing they both said when they say me was “What the hell happened to you?” I told them. Of course the rest of our group made fun of me. Maddy even told them about how Ali and I fell. Everyone had asked both of the girls if they had fun and they said they did. Ali was even talking to everyone and everyone talked to her. Ali had said she was scared when she was on Brian’s shoulders but thought it was fun. Maddy had fun too with Jimmy. For once everything seemed to be going well and I hoped it would stay like that. I didn’t like seeing Ali upset. I knew it bothered her. And I don’t know how Maddy would react if anyone did that to her. As long as everything was fine then I wouldn’t have to know.

X

After we ate pizza we went home. Brian, Matt, Val and Michelle said bye to us and hugged us all. We got home and Johnny and Lacey went to bed while Jimmy, Daddy, Maddy and I stayed in the living room and watched a movie.

I was actually really happy. Daddy had took Maddy and I skating. Of course everyone else joined us skating except Johnny and Lacey but they were with us when we ate pizza. Brian was nice to me. Actually everyone was nice to me and talking to me. Brian had skated with me though. He kept his promise and didn’t drop me even though I was scared that we would or fall with me. Daddy was the only one who got hurt. Everyone thought it was funny but him. He couldn’t skate well either.

After the movie went off Daddy took me upstairs while Jimmy took a sleeping Maddy. I had changed clothes when we got home so I went right to bed. Daddy tucked me in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He told me goodnight and that he loved me. Once he left the room, Jimmy came in and did the same thing except for tucking me in.

I laid there in the dark and thought about the day. I had fun and couldn’t stop smiling. Everyone was now nice to me and I was hoping it would stay that way. I kept replaying the day over in my head until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
skates
pajamas

Thanks for the comments.