Status: updating soon

When Hope Begins to Fade

Trouble Maker

“Yo Zacky!” I heard Johnny yell from the kitchen. I sighed as I got up from my bed. I had a headache and was laying down.

I went downstairs into the kitchen. “What?” I asked as I entered the kitchen. I saw Maddy sitting at the table eating a hamburger. “Maddy?” I asked stupidly. I already knew who it was. Maddy smiled. “What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I wanted to come home.” Maddy told me before taking another bite of her hamburger.

‘Home.’ She called this place her home. I smiled a little bit.

“She had called Jimmy and said she wanted to be here.” Johnny explained.

“Why did you want to come home for?” I asked Maddy as I sat down across from her. She frowned.

“Because Ali got me into trouble. Then Matt and Brian yelled at me.” Maddy crossed her arms over her chest.

“What did you do?” I raised an eyebrow.

“All I did was throw worms on Ali! She freaked out!” Maddy threw her hands up in the air.

“What else did you do?” I asked her. I knew she wasn’t telling me something.

Maddy sighed. “I threw worms on Matt and Brian also.” I chuckled and she smiled a little.

“Maddy, you shouldn’t throw worms at people. Especially your sister.” I got onto her.

“I know, but it was funny.” she grinned widely.

“Maddy!” Jimmy yelled when he came into the kitchen.

“Jimmy!” Maddy yelled back.

Jimmy picked her up since she was done eating.

“What are you up to trouble maker?” Jimmy asked Maddy. She frowned before grinning.

“Getting into trouble?” she asked. Johnny laughed.

“Well, I am guessing so. At least that’s what I heard.” Jimmy chuckled.

X

Michelle and Val came back.

“Where are the girls at?” Val asked me.

“Ali is upstairs in her room.” I stated.

“Where is Maddy.” Michelle asked.

“Back with Zacky.” I said after a few moments of silence.

“What?!” both girls said at the same time.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought when Johnny came to pick her up.” I sighed.

“Johnny just randomly shows up and asks Maddy is she is ready to go. According to him, Maddy called Jimmy and asked to go home.” Brian spoke.

“Why would she want to leave for?” Val asked. Brian and I glanced at each other. “What did you two do?” she asked.

“We might have yelled at her.” I spoke up. “But, it was for a good reason.” I spoke again before Val could. Val was waiting for me to continue. “Maddy had thrown worms on Ali. Ali screamed so Brian and I ran outside to see what was wrong. We got onto Maddy. She then threw worms at us! We kinda yelled at her again.” I scratched the back of my head.

“Did the worms really bother you?” Michelle rolled her eyes.

“Ali was standing behind me. That’s why I yelled.” Brian spoke. I gave him a ‘you’re kidding me’ look.

“So Ali didn’t want to go?” Val asked.

“She never said anything. She just seemed sad. After eating, she went up to her room.” I told Val.

Val sighed. “I guess I will go check on her.”

X

I sat in my room playing with my dolls. I felt bad that I made Maddy leave. It was my fault. I already missed her and she hadn’t even been gone for long. I let out a sigh as I brushed the doll’s hair. The door opened and I glanced up. Val was standing there smiling.

“Hey.” she smiled as she walked into the bedroom. She sat on the floor across from me. I smiled back. “You miss Maddy, don’t you?” Val asked. I shook my head yes. “It’s not your fault Ali. Remember that. She probably isn’t even mad at you anymore. She might have just wanted to away time. She will be alright.”

I thought about what Val said. I guess she was right. Maddy probably isn’t mad at me anymore.

“Don’t worry Ali. You will see her tomorrow at school. Speaking of which, how was school?” Val asked. I grinned as I thought about school. I began telling her everything that happened.

X

I laid on my bed as I glanced around at my room. I had missed my room. I was glad that I was home. I wasn’t really mad at daddy anymore either. I couldn’t stay mad at him or Ali. I really loved how my room was. I told daddy that I was going to stay here now. I missed it here. Jimmy was here also.

“Maddy!” Jimmy yelled from out in the hallway.

“What?!” I yelled back.

My door opened and Jimmy came in grinning. I was confused until he came over to me and began tickling me.

“Stop!” I laughed. I squirmed around, trying to get away. “Stop it Jimmy!” I was laughing so hard that my sides hurt. Jimmy kept tickling me for a few more minutes before he stopped.

“Okay, I am done Trouble Maker. That’s your new nickname.” Jimmy laughed.

“I’m not a trouble maker!” I giggled.

“Yes you are!” Jimmy argued.

“Ok, maybe I am.” I grinned.

“You need to get ready for bed. You have school tomorrow.” Jimmy grinned.

“Yay!” I replied sarcastically.

“Get ready for bed.” Jimmy ruffled my hair as he walked out of my room.

I got up and changed into pajamas. I then got in bed. I grabbed one of my teddy bears and pulled it close to my chest. Daddy came into the room a few minutes later. He tucked me in.

“Night Maddy. Love you.” he smiled as he kissed my forehead.

“Night daddy! Love you.” I smiled back as he walked to the door. He turned my light off and closed the door so I could go to sleep. I snuggled against my teddy bear as I closed my eyes. I was tired from getting up early for school, so it didn’t take me long to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
that's awesome. the site crashed and i have to report this. the other story i lost the chapter on, i don't have saved on my laptop. oh well.

once again, i am sorry for not updating. I had writer's block on this story.

vote for what story i should write next
Maddy's pjs