Rabidity

Accommodation

“Now, your wand?”

“Why…?”

“Well you want to test it don’t you?”

“I… don’t carry it.”

“Well why the bloody hell not?” Snape asked.

“Because I don’t use it.” She stated factually.

“Honestly, I’m not going to know what to do with you.” Snape said handing her his wand, “just flick it.” He said. “let’s see what happens.” Adrienne took the long black bit of wood. And held it in her fingertips. The elements of magic tingled through her arm and she let her wrist flick.

The blot of energy that flew out from the tip splintered a student’s desk into the tinniest fragments of wood. It was completely obliviated, and Adrienne was speechless. She’d never been able to release a surge like that, never.

“Seems it works.”

“You’re the one the headmaster spoke about.” She stated. “He tole me you could do it, and that you were the best.”

“Then you’ll be honored to take my private classes.” He said flatly.

Adrienne was stunned, private classes. She could really learn now. Potions would be the only thing she wouldn’t be behind in, at least she hoped… she felt a bit of fear from being around this man – and displease his was something she did not want to do.

“Now, may I have my wand back?” Adrienne lifted the wand and Severus quickly moved her arm from it’s outstretched position. She had pointed it directly at him, and he did not want to become splintered. With the other hand he took the wand from her and gave a simple wave at the desk, all the while maintaining eye contact with Ms. Knox. She gasped as she witnessed each splinter fill the empty space before her eyes recreating the exact same desk that had been before her just moments ago.

“It’s quite easy, once you get the hang of it.” He said. “Now if you don’t mind, I must escort you back to the infirmary to insure that you get the proper care intended for your state of being.”

Adrienne thought about his comment, he obviously knew something to her being here, and then it clicked, there had been someone else there with Dumbledore that evening, perhaps he – no she thought… it couldn’t be. Be she didn’t see why not.

They arrived back at the hospital wing, to find Madam Pomfrey occupied, not angered with her disappearance. Her as well as several others stood before a red headed boy, the only from earlier, they seemed to have been discussing poison.

“Ah Severus, my dear friend.” Albus said as he walked into the room, “I see you’ve found Ms. Knox, I trust she’s taken care of?”

“Absolutely sir.” He said in reply, Adrienne caught a stern look from professor Snape and quickly returned to her bed only a few beds from that of the boys. A plain girl left crying, and several people looked awfully confused including professor Snape.

After the group dispersed, Dumbledore again once sat at her bedside, she received curious looks from who she recognized to be Harry Potter, as well as a few other students coming and going, apparently it wasn’t often the headmaster showed such interest in students.

“So my dear, have you learned all you wished about Ms. Black?”

“I’ve only seen the photos.”

“Well I can assure you, I even notice the un-canning resemblance, However with few still alive today from the Black line it is hard for me to find a family member to concur to my observations.”

“I understand. But professor, I have a feeling you want something from me, because of my gift.”

“Well which gift?” he said smiling.

“My resemblance to Daygona headmaster.”

“Ah. I find that as I grow old my face seems to lead me astray when I wish to keep something secret for a short while. I wanted to wait until I thought you were ready.”

“Well frankly, I don’t know if I’d ever be.”

“As you wish Ms. Knox, I would love to have you attend here at Hogwarts, and currently that is all I ask of you. However you know as well as I that your appearance would prove very helpful if the situation arose, now I will not ask you to do that, ever. But I have given you this information so that you are aware that you may play a very big role in this war.”

“You want a distraction.” She said.

“Ms. Knox, I want nothing from you but to be educated here. I swear it.”

“What can I do?” she asked.

“Learn my dear, educate yourself on this beautiful world.” His hand waved over her knee and underneath appeared a lovely white rose, the kind that had riddled her mother’s funeral.