Status: hiatus until I get my muse back

Anything but Ordinary

Concerns

It has been a few weeks since the Kyree has started school, Ember wasn’t getting used to not having the four year old around her. She missed spending endless hours with her baby sister playing with her superhero action figures and watching whatever was on. The white haired woman clearly needed someone other than Kyree to talk to.

It was pretty sad to see that the twenty-one year old woman’s best friend was her little sister who she couldn’t talk about everything but just being around the four year old made her more confident than she would have before. Today she was accompanying her mother to one of her meetings, more and more each day she has learned to become her mother’s assistant.

Ember has been running errands left and right to keep her occupied and was a bit curious as to why she made her so busy she barely had time sitting down listening to the boys play. Not that she minded since Brian was a bit weird for her taste coming up to her as much as possible.

Walking with the few pieces of paper that she had in her hands she slipped into the studio where her mother and the rest of the boys were. She didn’t want to interrupt their session so she quietly sat down with her hands on her lap waiting for the opportune moment to gain her mother’s attention.

Her purple eyes glanced around to see the studio that she really didn’t pay attention to, it seem bigger than she anticipated and the pages of notes and lyrics were scattered on the tables. As she kept looking at the lyrics on the table something interrupted her train of thought “Hey”

Her heart leapt in her throat at the sudden voice that was right next to her as she peered up she met pair of light green eyes looking down at her. “Hey” she breathed out. Ember remembered that it was Zack one of the guitar players in the band she scooted farther to the side so he can sit down.

He smiled in thanks as he took a seat “What do you think?”

Her eyes looked up at him “Think of what?” her voice was tender and low as she talked to the older man that was sitting right beside her.

Zacky knew that this woman was shy since he barely noticed her when she was around unless Brian was sitting next to her he wouldn’t know she was around. Her white hair made her more noticeable when he was looking around the room but he kept his distance since she seem to be a person that loved to be on her own.

Something told him that he should reach out towards her; her little sister Kyree was an amazing person to be around and since he spent some time with her when they first arrived at the studio he knew that somewhere deep down Ember had the same shining personality that Kyree has.

“The song. It’s a bit rough around the edges but it would be nice to see what someone else thinks of it” Zacky wanted to have some sort of conversation with the young woman as she nibbled on her lip telling him that she was no expert when it comes to songwriting but he persisted.

Ember sighed softly as she looked over the sheet once more before she shrugged “I think it’s good so far but my opinion shouldn’t matter. I’m not so great on giving advice for this type of thing”

“Your opinion does have value; you’re a human being and having that right to voice your opinion can help someone out in the long run” he smiled at her to give her some sort of comfort.

She smiled shyly back as she handed the sheet of music to the guitarist as she heard her name being called “Ember? You’re back so early?” her mother Angel looked up to see that her oldest daughter was talking to Zacky which made her smile when Zacky said “She giving her opinion on one of our songs”

Angel nodded as Ember scrambled up to her feet as she cleared her throat and lifted the papers up to her mother “Mrs. Todd said that you have to fill these out and bring them back in a few days where you will continue to discuss in details”

Even though she was an assistant she wasn’t given anything that would be private unless it was sealed in an envelope. “Thank you Em, you mind if you take this to Mr. Collins” her throat tightened hearing the name that she has been trying to avoid.

After that elevator encounter they had with the successful man that used to be her mother’s boss she tried to steer clear of him whenever he walked into the building. Angel saw her discomfort “If he’s not there just leave it with his secretary”

She breathed out hoping that he wouldn’t be there, taking the manila folder her mother gave her precise instructions on what to do and say if she was to run into him. As she walked out of the door Angel ran a hand through her hair “It seems like she’s opening up a little bit”

Her hazel eyes met another pair as she smiled lightly “You noticed that too?” she questioned the muscular man that she has gotten close to. Out of all the boys she got closest to Matt the most, since he was the leader and made most of the final decisions and was on top of things she could always count on him with the band.

He nodded “Yeah, she talked to Zacky without locking up like before”

Matt was happy that Ember was opening up to people around her seeing that she talked to the green eyed guitarist for the first time in a month they have known each other. She really didn’t talk to him since all his attention was on Angel who was on top of things like he wanted for a manager and how she pulled it all off is incredible and he admire her so much.

“But” that made the mother look back at the younger man “I’m a bit worried on the whole Brian and Ember situation…Brian has taken a certain…liking to her” Matt hated to admit this but it was written all over the man’s face when he was ever around the snow white haired woman.

“I know” his hazel eyes snapped to hers.

“Why do you think I have her running around while we are in the studio?” her light eyes glanced back at Johnny, Brian and Zacky that were all in the booth at the moment strumming away. It was something that she took into consideration. “I know you don’t want Brian to make any mistakes with Michelle since she is your sister-in-law and I have talked to Brian about the whole situation. I doubt he took whatever I said into consideration”

“I doubt it too but thanks for trying” Matt mumbled as he concentrated on the panel before him. The singer wasn’t aware that Angel has spoken to Brian about what he has been doing, how she had time to talk to him alone was a miracle since Michelle wanted to hang out with him as much as possible but then it dawned on him that the lead guitarist had a drunken night and he wandered to Angel’s house in the middle of the night.

What was really going on?

Was Ember into Brian?

Was that the reason why she’s so shy around him when she’s around everyone else because the guilt of having an affair is eating up at her?

So many questions and not enough answers, he knew that was highly unlikely for Ember to be the other woman. She wasn’t the type of girl but who knew; human beings can do surprising things when they want something badly enough. The question was, did she want Brian?

Ember’s heart beat loudly in her chest as she stepped closer to the office that she wanted to avoid so much. Gulping she saw the office door open meaning that he was in; biting her lip she held onto the manila folder even tighter as she knocked on the door signaling that someone was at the door.

“Come in” he mumbled as his eyes were trained on the papers on his desk.

Licking his lips he whistled before he looked up and the whistle went a little higher when he saw who was standing in his office. “Well, well, well isn’t it Blu’s little angel. How are you doll face?”

“Fine. H-How a-are you?” she stuttered.

She knew that being polite meant talking to someone so she couldn’t just leave whenever she wanted, she had to get these papers to him. Ember wished this was one of the times where she can sneak in put the papers on his desk and bolt out of there but she couldn’t and his piercing eyes were on her figure made her a bit uncomfortable.

“Don’t be frightened. My, you are one pale young woman makes me wonder if Blu adopted you” he mumbled as she stood there not knowing what to do at the moment “But you do have her features so that claim doesn’t make sense. Can you come closer?” his finger curled beckoning her closer to him.

Her heart skipped a beat as she shockingly walked over to him slowly as she set the papers down “My mother said-”

“Purple eyes, you don’t run across that often. Tell me, are you albino?” his blunt question pierce her heart like a dagger as she kept silent before answering, “Actually using the term albino is a degrading term we prefer albinism”

“What’s the difference both mean the same thing?” she jumped when she felt his hand on her tiny wrist. Her eyes widened seeing as his hand slid down to her hand “You are so white and what’s with the glasses? Can’t you buy contacts to get rid of those things. Hides your beautiful eyes”

He smiled at her who gave her an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of her stomach; she didn’t know if this was the appropriate behavior for someone to give to another person in a professional place and when she voiced her opinion Ted chuckled “Nonsense, I was only being friendly”

Taking her hand away from his grip she backed away from him avoiding his gaze as much as possible “I-I better go. My mom is probably waiting for me to return”

“Okay, I hope to see you soon Ember-Rose” she felt her skin crawl the way he said her name as she just waved back at him before quickly making her exit. Tears pooled around her eyes as she started walking back to the studio where her mother was not knowing what exactly went on just a few minutes ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long wait. I was a bit stuck on this and I have been swamped with tons of work and the only inspiration I was getting was for my new story Blood Singer which everyone is seeming to love at the moment so check it out if you like a good vampire story :D

Thanks for the comments

DaniGates

hachie

SpencerG