Status: hiatus until I get my muse back

Anything but Ordinary

Just Go With It

“Jingle Bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock-” Kyree sang as she put up ornaments on the tree that Angel has brought home courtesy of Matt and the boys. Ever since Thanksgiving, the little girl has been going on and on about the perfect Christmas tree, something that was huge, tall and green. Luckily, the boys agreed to take her Christmas tree shopping so she can find the perfect tree.

After hours of searching, they finally found one. They didn’t think the hazel eyed girl would be so picky but she was determined to get the perfect one. She would either say ‘It’s too short’, ‘It’s too fat’ and even one time she tilted her head in question, ‘Does this one look lop sided to you?’ she was very precise on what she wanted in a tree.

Brian was the only one that didn’t come along; Michelle was sure enough dragged him home much to Kyree’s dismay. She teared up a bit when she saw that Brian was being taken away by the dragon but Johnny explained that Michelle wanted Brian to help her with their own Christmas tree; she pouted saying ‘She can decorate her own tree. It’s not that hard’

The boys laughed at her bluntness and when Zacky asked why they were helping her; she gave them the most obvious face, “Because you love me”

It was a known fact that they loved the little girl more than anything; they didn’t know how much they were so fond of her until she stopped going to the recording sessions when she started preschool. It was hard on everyone, especially, Ember-Rose. She was still on edge after the kiss her and Brian shared almost a month ago.

Every time her violet eyes caught with Brian’s her lips would tingle and a deep blush would decorated her cheeks in an embarrassing manner. She hated how her heart would race every time she would see him, the only assumption she could make why she was acting like this was because the man stole her first kiss.

As they continued decorating the tree with Kyree’s direction they finally finished as Ember was decorating the railing and making snowflakes from the paper that they had. Around Christmas time they always went all out and since the boys were there they took over the job that Ember really didn’t enjoy.

Putting up the lights.

“You sure this is safe?” Ember furrowed her brows as she looked up at the hazel man that was on the roof hanging the lights up. Matt looked down at her with a calm expression, “Of course it is. I have done this so many times, I could do it in my sleep”

She pursed her lips as she kept untangling the lights while Matt was hanging them slowly; something was on her mind and Matt could clearly see that something was wrong. “Em” he called out softly. She titled her head up as her purple eyes peaked out from under the purple beanie she was wearing.

“Yeah?”

“Is there something wrong?”

She bit her lip, “No” it was so unconvincing the way she was saying it. How can she be so obvious at times like this? Ember could never really keep something like this a secret for long, it was always hard for her to stay silent unless it was necessary.

Then she heard something thumping above her; her eyes immediately went up to see that Matt was patting the roof asking her to come up. Sighing, she climbed up the latter with the remaining lights that were in her hands. She grabbed Matt’s offering hand as she sat down next to him as she stared out seeing the numerous of houses that were being decorated with lights.

“Something has been bugging you lately, what’s up?”

The one thing she liked about Matt was also the thing that she disliked the most about him; if that made any sense. He cut to the chase, he hated beating around the bush and not getting straight to the point. It made sense for the burly man to do that since his temper wasn’t the best.

Licking her lips she fixed her glasses that were on her nose, “Nothing is the matter” she mumbled.

“Are you sure? You can always talk to me, you know that right?” Matt tilted his head a bit so he can see her face more clearly “No matter what it is, you can tell me anything. I won’t judge you…for anything”

“I know” she breathed out.

She clasped her hands as she stared out into the distance seeing the bright lights illuminating the sky, “This is my favorite time of year…you know that?” she turned to the hazel eyed man. Matt leaned on his knees, “Really? Is it because of all the presents you get from Santa Claus?” he joked.

Ember laughed, it still felt weird for her to laugh with someone other than her sister or mother but she was getting there. “No. I love the feeling of Christmas. The joy that is spread all around and the looks on everyone’s faces around this time of year is so relaxing. It’s hard not to have a smile on your face when the season is approaching” a small smile graced her lips as she explained.

The feeling was mutual as Matt nodded, “I get you. The only time of year where people just think of someone else other than themselves. It’s nice”

Ember smiled wider, it felt good to have someone else understand her other than her family. As she tapped her boots together she asked, “What do you want for Christmas?”

He furrowed his brows, “You don’t have to get me anything, Em.”

She shook her head, “It’s pointless to fight with me on this. I am going to get everyone something so what would you like?” she turned waiting for his response. Matt was shocked to an extent that this woman that was so shy when he first met her was now asking what he wanted for Christmas with a smile on her face.

Maybe Christmas affected her more than he thought…but in a good way.

As he shared what he wanted for Christmas from her she asked what the others would want. It made sense for her to ask him so she won’t have to ask every single one of them. Ember-Rose wanted it to be somewhat of a surprise for everyone.

“You sure you could afford all that?” he queried.

“I got it covered. I have a few ideas of what I want to get you guys now that I know what you want…but shopping for a man who has everything will be difficult no doubt. Must suck for the girls” she teased as her purple eyes sparkled.

Matt laughed, “It’s no fucking picnic for us either. The girls use our credit cards like it’s a fucking gold mine”

“It is to an extent”

“Point taken”

As they talked a little while longer they got up and finished the job when Kyree came outside disappointed that they weren’t finished with their work already. “If you don’t finish soon then no cookies for you!” she pointed at the two before she went inside.

Matt chuckled, “I feel bad for the man that marries her”

Ember nodded as she climbed down the ladder to get more of the lights that were sitting on the porch; when she was about to give him the line the little girl came outside again with a jar looking up at Matt. “Don’t think I didn’t hear you. You need to put money in the swear jar” holding it up for him to see.

“Fuck” he murmured.

“You said it again!” she yelled

Ember shook her head as she patted the little girl on her back “Why don’t you go back inside? Matt will help decorating the windows with you instead of paying you. How does that sound?” Kyree stood there thinking of the things she would want him to help her with before she nodded saying it would count as payment.

The hazel eyed man just looked at the white haired woman, “Gee, thanks for that. More work. I rather just pay her”

Ember-Rose just shook her head, “Yeah but its less work for me if you are here”

He rolled his eyes as he finished the last touches on the roof before he told Ember to push the ladder where he was standing. When he finally got down he stepped back to see his work “I don’t think I did a bad job”

“Kyree will be the judge of that” Ember murmured as she called out her baby sister who came running out asking if they were finished.

“What do you think?” Matt asked pointing to the house in front of them.

As Kyree spun around she stood there in silence staring at the house; neither of them knew if this was a good sign. She could be either standing there in shock at how good it turned out or upset that it wasn’t like how she wanted it. “Ky?” Matt called out softly. He never been so nervous about someone critiquing his work but this was a little girl’s Christmas and he didn’t want to ruin it for her.

“I…I…LOVE IT!!!” she screamed before turning around with a toothless grin “Where did you get the snowmen and candy canes from?” pointing at the light up figures standing on the lawn. Matt gave her a dimpled smile, “Johnny thought it would be a nice touch if we had candy canes leading up to your door and a few snowmen there as well. You love it that much?”

“Yes I do. Thank you Matt” she hugged him tightly around the legs before she ran inside and gave the same hugs to the other two men that was helping decorate the house.

“Are those mine?” Kyree asked as she watched Ember wrap one of the presents.

The purple eyed woman glanced at the little girl, “No, Ky. Why don’t you go watch Rudolf on TV?”

She pouted as she climbed up on the chair as she saw her sister scribbling something on the wrapping paper, “That one is for Brian?” as she leaned on the table. Ember nodded a little uncomfortable getting one for Brian but it would be unfair if she didn’t since she got Zacky, Johnny, and Matt presents along with their girlfriends.

“It’s the present I picked out right?”

“Sure is”

Thankfully, the four year old helped the older sister to pick out the presents. It would have been unfair to get the things the boys actually wanted since she talked to the girls, finding out that was what they were getting their boyfriends. So she thought it would be nice to think outside the box and get something that would be safe to buy for them.

Hopefully they didn’t have it.

“Can I wrap this one then?” pulling the jewelry box that Kyree made for their mother closer to her.

Ember nodded as she cut the wrapping paper so the little girl can wrap her own present, “You remember how to wrap it?” she questioned.

“Of course” Kyree started to crinkle the silver snowflake paper around the box in a messy fashion. The pale girl just smiled leaving Kyree alone; it was her own present and it was the effort that counted and when she was finished with it she gave her a snowman sticker so she can put the name and who it was from on the front.

Angel, Kyree, and Ember-Rose were all watching ‘Elf’ since it was family tradition and their heads turned when they heard someone knocking on the door. Kyree got up when she peaked through the window to see who it was, smiling brightly she raced to the front as she yelled, “Hello Kyree the elf. What’s your favorite color?”

They heard a chuckle before Kyree let out a high pitch scream, “Are those presents for me?”

Then they saw Kyree running into the living room with a huge present in her hands with glowing eyes, “Look mommy! This one is mine” holding it close to her before Angel told her to put it under the tree. Dashing toward the decorated tree that held ornaments from superheroes to cartoons like Winnie the Pooh she set her present down as the boys started pile in putting the rest of the presents under the tree.

“Boys” Angel started out as she looked at the presents that were piling under the tree “You didn’t have to”

“We wanted to. Merry Christmas” Johnny hugged the older woman before Kyree cut in “Can we open them now?”

“After you give them theirs” Angel pointed a finger at the youngest girl.

She nodded as she quickly gave the presents they bought for them yelling, “Merry Christmas!” not seeing their reaction she dived into her own presents that she now received from the boys. She was ecstatic when she opened presents from her mother and sister seeing that they bought her a huge poster of The Dark Knight signed by Heath Ledger and a few other actors that she loved so much.

She even got a necklace with the Batman symbol that Ember bought for her. Kyree was over the moon with all her gifts and she was even happier and let out a happy scream when she ripped the wrapping paper to reveal collector’s items of Wolverine. She turned around, “How did you know I needed Wolverine?”

Brian smiled, “I paid attention” he kneeled down “Merry Christmas Ky”

Kyree got up and hugged all the boys and gave a little more extra time with Brian as she mumbled something to Brian. He didn’t hear what she said so he asked her to repeat it which she gladly did, “I think I am in love with you. Mommy, can I marry Brian?” gazing at her mother.

They all laughed at her dramatic nature, Angel joked “Sure sweetie, but be sure that he is worth it”

“Of course he is! He is the man of my dreams!” hugging him tightly.

“Before we forget, we got something for Em as well” Matt cut in looking at the quiet woman that was sitting next to her mother. Ember furrowed her brows wondering what could they possibly get for her? She didn’t tell them what she wanted. All she said that being friends with them was more than enough present she could ever ask for.

She was truly grateful to have them as friends.

“Follow us” Brian pushed Ember lightly on the small of her back as they showed her through the front. Her heart quickened at his touch, he leaned in “I have another present for you, but I have to give it you to later, okay?”

She gulped wondering what kind of present he had for her. As she straightened out her beanie she took the small steps down the porch as she looked at something with a bow on it. “Whose car is this?” she asked looking at the boys.

“Yours” Johnny answered

“We figured you needed a car since Angel couldn’t really afford one for you. I think it could make your lives easier” patting the hood of the sleek silver Honda Civic “Nothing too fancy for your first car. What do you think?”

Ember stood still as she inched closer to the car, “Are you being serious right now?” staring at the brand new car. Zacky put the keys in her hand “Merry Christmas, Em” she instantly brought him to an embrace as she kept thanking them repeatedly.

Then she turned to her mother, “I can have it, right?”

Angel shifted her feet as she stood there in shock, “Sure” she couldn’t really say anything as she eyed the new car. It would be more convenient for their family. So Ember wouldn’t have to take Angel’s car in order to pick up Kyree if necessary “Thank you” she looked at the boys.

As the girls got there they all exchanged more gifts and even asked how Ember liked her new car. “It’s amazing. Can I take it for a spin?”

“You need to have someone go with you” Angel was on edge since it was dark out and the dangerous part of driving was when you couldn’t see. Ember nodded and just when she was going to ask one of the girls to go with her Brian rose up saying he would want to join her since he forget something at his house.

Michelle frowned as she asked, “What did you forget?”

The brown eyed man looked at his girlfriend, “Angel’s present”

The woman was stumped when she realized she forgot the older woman’s present; she cursed mentally before she sat there giving Ember a look. Everyone looked a bit uncomfortable with the fact that Brian was going to be alone with her, “I’ll go too!” Kyree popped up with a huge smile on her face oblivious to the tension that surrounded everyone.

As they climbed into the car, Kyree commented on the smell as she took a deep breath “I love the new car smell”

“Me too” Brian replied back as he turned around from the passenger side talking to Kyree along the way. Would it be surprising that she knew the way to his house even if she has been there only once and that was to drop something off that Michelle left at their house? She would think it was weird.

As Brian got out of the car he leaned down to see that the girls sat there, “Why don’t you come inside? Pinkly misses you” as he looked at the little girl. Kyree beamed “Pinkly is here?” when Brian nodded she opened the car door and burst towards the front door yelling the Maltese’s name. They heard the barking of the dog from the other side as she scratched the door wanting to greet the visitors.

“You coming?” he looked back down at Ember who sat there.

She pursed her lips as she nodded, “Yeah” unbuckling her seatbelt before walking up the front door; her heart was pounding the whole time as he walked up the stairs to get the present that he was going to give to Angel. Kyree was running around with Pinkly as the white dog happily followed the little girl playing tag.

Ember stood there uncomfortably as he found the present, “Here it is” waving the green wrapped present in the air.

“Good. We can go then” backing out of the room but she felt a warm hand wrap itself around her own. Ember’s breath hitched as Brian pulled her back; she could feel the tightness of her insides twisting in ways she couldn’t imagine as she avoided his gaze as much as possible. What was he doing?

“Here” he lifted the black and silver wrapped present to her “This is yours”

He let go of her so she can unwrap it; Ember thought it was a lot of pressure to open something like this in front of the person. “You didn’t have to”

“I wanted to” he cut in “Now open it before I do it myself” offering her a smile

She blushed as she ripped the paper to reveal a box, her heart stopped at the size of the box. Please don’t tell me its jewelry. There was no way in hell she was going to wear jewelry a man that is taken. No way in hell….

Her mouth hung open as she lifted the lid to reveal a pair of wild rose earrings and a necklace set. “I didn’t want to go all out on yours since everyone has been on my ass lately and I know that you like simple things so…” he stared at her waiting for her response.

Ember was speechless she didn’t know how to respond and when she had her voice she said, “This looks expensive”

“Not really” he played it off as he shrugged his shoulders like it’s not a big deal. Brian licked his lips before he spoke up, “Ember it’s no secret that I like you a lot and…” he rubbed his face “Fuck, so fucking weird to feel this flustered” he murmured before looking back at her “There are no words that I can explain how I feel about you. I just have strong feelings about you” grabbing her soft pale hands.

The young woman’s mouth dried as her voice was caught in her throat, “Brian” she croaked “I don’t know what to say” she was stuck, she honestly doesn’t know what to do or say at a moment like this. All that was going through her head was Michelle and what she said to her.

“Then don’t” he replied as he brought her close and kissed her fully on the lips.

The white haired woman was caught off guard again as she dropped her present that landed in a thump, she pulled back from the kiss “This isn’t such a good idea” she whispered while she looked into his eyes.

“I know” he breathed out “But I can’t pretend that I don’t like you in that way. Just go with it” before he leaned in and kissed her again. This time, she caved in and kissed him right back not really thinking about the future consequences that will come along with what she was doing at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I thought that I could at least write a Christmas chapter for at least one of my stories so here it is. Idk if I would write another one but maybe a New Year's one next...who knows but I hope you like this extra long chapter for you all you out there. Happy Holidays everyone :D