Status: hiatus until I get my muse back

Anything but Ordinary

All That Matters

What am I doing?

That was the first thing that popped in her head when she woke up one morning; how did everything turn upside down? One minute she was in the house hanging out with her baby sister and now she had friends and someone that she was slowly starting to like more than a friend.

Ember knew it was unhealthy to love someone that was getting married, it was wrong, immortal and just…she had no other words for it. The white haired woman was getting sucked into the mess that she called her life as she saw her phone buzzing. Quickly she dropped the toothbrush that was in her mouth as she picked up her fully charged phone.

What are you up to right now?

Ember pursed her lips when she saw Brian’s name in her phone, every doubt that was in her mind quickly went away as she quickly text back. I just woke up. What are you up to? she waited patiently as she finished brushing her teeth before turning on the straighter. Spitting out the toothpaste and rinsing her mouth she flossed her teeth as her phone made another sound telling her that Brian text back.

Just finished working out. Do you want to go out and eat something

Putting the string of floss in the trash can she text back that she was up for it and where would they meet. Brian gave her directions before she told him that she would see him shortly, putting her phone back on the counter she undid the bandana that was on her head as she took the pins out so her soft curly hair would spring free.

Brushing the snowy hair lightly she started to straighten every frizzy or curly part that looked weird on her before she added some extra shine on it for the final touch. Happy with her hair she washed her hands and got dressed with some simple clothing and shoved her phone into her pocket.

She walked out of her bathroom to put on the sunscreen lotion that was on her nightstand to cover the parts where she might get damaged and then put on her glasses so she can see. Finally, she bounded down the stairs to see Angel there sitting alone drinking coffee.

“Good morning” Ember greeted her mother with a peck on the cheek.

Angel jumped a bit at the intimate contact before a light laugh tumbled out of her lips “What has got you so chirpy in the morning? Usually you are really quiet”

“It’s just a good day mama” she muttered back as a blush crept on her cheeks.

The older woman narrowed her eyes before a hint of laughter danced in her hazel eyes “What is that smile for?” she put her mug down as she got up from her seat “Did you find a boy that you like?” Ember was just initially shocked that her mother would instantly jumped to that conclusion.

“Why would you think it’s a boy mama?”

The hazel eyed woman rolled her eyes “Oh please the only time I see a woman smile like that is when she gets laid or she just started dating a new guy and I know it’s not the first one sooo” Angel clapped her hands in excitement “Who is the lucky man?” it has been so long since Ember really had a crush on anyone and she knew that she would grow to like someone around her age but she just didn’t know who.

Ember panicked thinking of some type of excuse that she wasn’t seeing anyone but would she buy it? She didn’t think so especially with that look that Angel had on her face, nibbling on her lip she sighed “There is a guy I like but it’s nothing special. He doesn’t even know I exist” she fibbed.

Angel frowned a bit before giving her a friendly smile “Well then make him notice you. Talk to him and see how that works out, never know until you try sweetheart”

“I will” Ember forced another smile as her heart raced “I’m going to get something to eat. Do you want something?”

“No I’m fine. I have to meet up with one of my clients their album isn’t quite developing like she envisioned it so I have to go in right now. Drive safely and watch out for reckless drivers” Angel was always so worried about her daughter because of her eyesight, she didn’t want her daughter to get into a car accident because of it.

“I won’t. See you later”

As she waved to her mother she let out a sigh of relief when she turned around; Ember felt horrible lying to her mother like that. All of her doubts and worries started to crawl up her skin again, this was something she never done before but hanging out with Brian makes her feel like a new person.

She somewhat felt confident and a little better about herself and no one has made her feel that way. Maybe that was why she was so attached to him after that first kiss, he was the first one to show her any interest and now she is hooked to him. Parking in front of the small diner she quickly got out of the car and walked inside feeling a few stares coming her way.

Ember was never used to the weird stares she would get, from her unusually pale skin with African-American features can throw anyone off as well as her snow white hair and dark purple eyes, luckily no one can see her eye color unless they were within close distance with her. Licking her lips she scanned the area to see if she could see Brian but no such luck.

Taking a deep breath she sat at a random table as she waited for Brian to come through the door, her eyes immediately went up as a waitress came up to her with a blank look “Good morning, I’m Lydia what can I get for you?”

Ember quickly looked down at her menu “Um can I start off with a strawberry banana smoothie? I’m kind of waiting for someone to show up” she gave the waitress a sheepish smile. Lydia just nodded as she wrote her order down and muttered that it would be done in a few minutes.

Ember sighed seeing how pissed off the waitress looked but seeing the redness of her ankles and bags under her eyes she knew that she has been working so many hours in this diner. Knowing it was only nine in the morning it was a twenty-hour diner so she could have been here since yesterday. Tapping her nails on the wooden table she waited another twenty minutes as she sipped on her smoothie waiting for Brian.

She nibbled on her lip thinking that maybe Brian was pulling her leg; the young woman knew that she shouldn’t feel so down that he would blankly stand her up. Just when she was about to ask for the check her ears perk up when she saw the heavily tattooed black haired man walk through the door.

His dark mocha eyes looked around before his eyes landed on hers, a bright smile appeared on his lips when he saw her. A shy smile was plastered on her lips as she shyly waved him over, he quickly walked over to her as he bent down and gave her a hug “Sorry about the wait, Chelle wouldn’t let me out of her sight” he pecked the side of her head.

A frown resided on her lips as she thought about Michelle, Brian saw the change of atmosphere as he apologized. “No, don’t be” she smiled at him “She is your fiance” he flinched when she said the last word but he just shook it off as he asked if she knew what she wanted.

As they order their food and waited for it to come, they talked for a while as Brian started to get to know the girl a little bit more. The way she carried herself was something that intrigued him from the start; how closed off she was and shy and didn’t really open up to anyone because of her painful past. He still didn’t know about what happened that made her that way but he wanted to know, that curious nature never wavered as he listened to her.

“So I heard that you gymnastics” Brian took a bite out of his omelet as he saw Ember choke on her smoothie.

“You okay?” he asked her as she patted her chest as she swallowed the rest of her smoothie that was in her mouth. She nodded saying that she was fine before she cleared her throat “How did you know that I do gymnastics?”

“Kyree…she talks about you a lot ya know”

That warmed her heart when she heard about it, she knew that Kyree spoke about her a few times but hearing that she was all she talked about while she was with the boys just made her feel special. It validated that Kyree meant just as much as she meant to her. Kyree was one of the only ones that she wanted her to love her regardless of what happens.

As long as she had her baby sister’s unconditional love she would be fine. The next question that came out of Brian’s mouth shocked her. “Would you show me?”

“Show you what?” she asked dumbly as she finished her crepe that she ordered.

Brian laughed “Your gymnastic skills”

Heat rushed to her cheeks as she muttered “I don’t know. I’m not that good” playing with her straw. Her shyness was overtaking her again and she didn’t know if she should let Brian in, even if they did share a kiss and she was more confident and feel more like herself it was slowly happening; she would still revert back to her old ways more ways than she would have liked.

When his hand touched hers, warmth spread across her body seeing his significantly darker hand on hers was just…an unknown emotion that washed over her. “I beg to differ. I bet you are better than you realize, have some more confidence in yourself”

Ember shamefully lowered her head knowing that it was all true; she doesn’t give herself enough credit and just puts down all her effort for no reason. The confidence that he had in his voice was something that she wanted, he hasn’t even seen her in her own element and yet he was more confident about her abilities than she has ever been.

That was saying something and she knew that she had to get to that level some way or another. Getting out of her seat she looked at him with determination in her eyes “Okay, let’s go” Brian smirked as he pulled out a few bills and left it on the table “Alright”

As they walked out of the diner Ember took her car and Brian followed right behind her, they went to the same gym that she would take Kyree. It was empty at this time of day since all of the activities would be for the kids after school. Having the place to herself was something she enjoyed, opening the door she smiled when she saw the blue mats and equipment that was on the side of the gym.

“Show me what you can do” Brian waved to the mats.

Ember bit her lip “I’m not in the right clothing” looking down at her jeans and shirt. When Brian suggested doing whatever that would make her feel comfortable she blushed. Fidgeting under his stare she told him to turn around, she slowly took off her jeans and fixed her underwear before giving the okay. Since she didn’t have her regular attire for practice this would have to do, Brian raised a brow at her as she blushed a deeper red.

“I have no problem with this” her heart beat faster as she felt his eyes eyeing her from eye to toe.

Clearing her throat she tied her short hair back with a hair band that she had on her wrist before she started to stretch. Brian quietly stared at her openly eyeing every single move that she had done and when she started to run to do some moves all that did was make his arouse. Ember didn’t really notice as she started doing cartwheels and doing a backflip.

When she landed a few beads of sweat accumulated on her forehead as her purple eyes glanced at him where her pants and glasses were in his hands. He put her glasses down as he stood up “You are more amazing than you think you are” he murmured.

Her heart started to pound in her ribcage as he inched closer, feeling his warm hands on her cheeks a smile crept on her lips as he leaned down and kissed her. She closed her eyes as she delved in the sweet taste of his mouth. It was everything that she expected it to be as she brought him closer to him. Brian got excited seeing her participate as his hand lowered itself towards her backside.

Ember let out a small moan as he smirked gripping her bum which she squeal, once her mouth his warm tongue slithered its way into her mouth. His tongue did wonders that she never knew a tongue was capable of doing, as she cherished every moment that she had he picked her up as she wrapped her legs around him.

Brian broke apart from the white haired woman “You are so beautiful”

A smile appeared on her face as she lightly caressed his face “Thank you” she leaned down as her lips softly pressed against his, feeling her heart soar and not thinking of what she was doing. Nothing in this world meant anything to them at the moment and all they could think about what themselves and what they wanted was to be with one another. That’s all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm baaaack! Sort of. Sorry for the delay, hopefully I will get things rolling with all of my stories. Comments? I would like to thank all of my readers for commenting, I would always give them a shout out but tonight I don't have time and wanted to put this up before my shift so enjoy! :D comments?