Status: hiatus until I get my muse back

Anything but Ordinary

Drunken Stupor

It was weird for Ember to have Brian stare at her the whole time she was there; it didn’t go unnoticed by the rest of the band as they saw how close he was trying to get. Matt frowned at the interaction his friend was having and tried to take Ember Rose away from his flirty attitude.

When the Raine family left with Kyree waving good bye to all of them promising to come back soon with snakey bites on her lips like Zacky; her mother wasn’t too excited about the idea and shot it down before the little girl was more determined to get them.

“Dude what the fuck are you doing?” Matt asked the lead guitarist as soon as the girls left.

“What the hell are you talkin’ about Shadz” taking a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and taking one of them between his fingers before lighting it.

“You were all over that girl. What’s wrong with you? Did you forget that you have a girlfriend?” Matt was furious that Brian didn’t see what he was doing when it was evident to everyone in the room that it was clear as day.

“No I wasn’t” he mumbled with the cancer stick between his lips “I did no fucking thing” taking a puff of the stick as he blew it out of his nose.

“You actually were Brian” Johnny piped in knowing exactly what Matt was talking about even though Zacky was occupied with Kyree and she kept the entertainment going for most of the time he saw how close he was trying to get to the white haired woman as she scooted away from him uncomfortably.

“It also looked like she wanted nothing to do with you” Johnny pointed out

“That’s because she doesn’t” Matt interjected

“I don’t want to get into this again. Too much drama in so little time first the wedding and now this. Just get off my back” Brian glared at the lead singer with his dark brown eyes but the hazel eyed man was just getting started.

“I can’t. I would but I just can’t especially since you are dating my wife’s sister. I have to keep an eye on you because of Michelle bitches to Val then she comes bitching to me and I don’t want unnecessary drama that could have been avoided since the beginning” Matt pinched the bridge of his nose he didn’t want to fight with his brother but when it comes down to this kind of stuff he had to say something.

Brian waited for Matt to finish as his knee bounced in agitation wanting to jump in denying that he was flirting with Ember “I was just trying to be friendly. Something wrong with that?”

“Very” Zacky finally spoke up “After what happened last time ‘Chelle has been on the edge when you would talk to pretty girls even if it was a friendly encounter. She doesn’t see it that way”

Zacky made a valid point; during the early stages of Brian and Michelle’s relationship he did cheat on her once with some pretty girl and she never forgot about that. She was always paranoid when she saw him chatting with a pretty girl and if she saw Ember she would feel threatened.

Brian rolled his eyes “She wouldn’t”

“You know she would. Just keep a distance from Ember that’s all.” Matt finished the conversation as he got up from his seat “Now if we’re done I’m about to head home.”

Everyone mumbled in agreement that they were done for the day as they all headed out down the hall except for Brian who lagged behind. As they exited the building Brian stayed back leaning on the building “Aren’t you going home?” Johnny asked the guitarist “Michelle is going to worry when she finds out that Matt is home”

Brian rubbed his temple “Don’t worry about it; I’ll call her right now telling her that I need some air” the bassist wanted to say that it was a horrible decision to call his girlfriend that he was going to stay out later than he was supposed to.

Especially since all the guys were heading home to their loved ones; Matt was kind of like a monitor if he arrived home and Michelle calls her sister and finds out that her sister’s husband is home and her boyfriend isn’t then all hell is going to break loose.

“You’re funeral” he mumbled under his breath as he walked to his car and drove off the last of the group to head on home.

Brian sighed as he took his cell out of his pocket fumbling with his phone he dialed his house number waiting for Michelle to pick up. Mumbling a tune under his breath he waited before it picked up on the other line “Brian where are you?”

“Hello to you too Michelle. I had a great day and how was yours?”

“Just tell me Bri” she asked with authority

“Trying to find a pot of gold” he mumbled with a little smirk on his face

“Don’t be a dick Brian. Matt is already home so I know that you guys are done for the day. So I will ask you again where are you?” Michelle was being like this for one reason; she was scared she was going to lose Brian.

She already thought she was going to when he cancelled the wedding but when he still wanted to be with her she wanted to sigh in relief that he still loved her. The passing of Jimmy has taken a toll on him and didn’t want to go through with the wedding at the moment which was understandable with her since she was a bit weary too with the passing.

“Don’t worry you’re pretty little head about it. I will be back later on tonight”

“Brian” she said softly “Just come home. You don’t have to lash out on everyone becau-”

“I’m done with this conversation ‘Chelle. See you in a few hours” he hung up on her as she was about to say something else, shoving his phone into his pocket he pushed himself off of the building as he got inside his car to roam around the city wanting to forget all the drama that was ensued today.

Ember brushed her little sister’s hair as it frazzled all around her tiny head; her thick frizzy hair poofed out which made Kyree smile at her appearance “Look at my hair Emmy! It’s all big and soft” petting her brown hair with a chirpy smile.

The older girl laughed “Yeah it is” as she pushed her white wet hair out of her face.

“Yours is too but not as big as mine” Kyree pointed out the frizzy hair of her sister’s. Since Ember straightens her hair in the morning her frizzy hair was in the same style as Kyree’s but was pushed back with a huge headband to keep her crazy hair from blinding her vision.

Finishing her hair she picked Kyree up “Time for bed” as she walked out of her room and into Kyree’s room that was decorated in superhero theme she pushed the Batman blanket back as Kyree laid down getting comfortable.

Just about when Ember Rose was about to read a bedtime story to Kyree she heard her mother’s voice muffled down stairs. Her voice sounded confused as she continued to talk to the person at the door, wondering who it was she commanded Kyree to go to sleep.

“But I want you to read me a bedtime story” she pouted with her arms crossed.

“When I get back” as she sneaked down the hallway as the muffled voices were becoming clear.

“Where’s Ember” a slurred voice echoed down the hall as her mother kept telling the person that they were too drunk to do anything and should rest. “Not until I see Ember

Her purple eyes held confusion as she finally saw the person who was demanding her arrival “B-Brian? What are you doing here?” she thought her eyes were deceiving her when she saw Brian’s form sway as he stepped back to look up at her.

Ember-Rose. I walked all the way from the bar to see you” he inched closer to the stairs where she was at.

“Brian I think you need to go to sleep. You need your rest” Angel told him softly worried what Brian wanted with her daughter. Her hazel eyes never wavered from the guitarist as he kept mumbling that he wasn’t going to do anything until he sees Ember.

“I’m right here” she whispered as her pale feet took steps down as she walked closer to the drunken man.

Ember…I need to talk to you” he muttered.

Ember still wasn’t that comfortable with him just yet so she was still three steps away from him standing on the stairs watching what he was going to do. “…can’t we talk tomorrow? When you’re sober?” she was afraid as his dilated eyes peered up at her.

“I can’t…I don’t want to. I need to talk to you now”

“I think that is enough. Brian let’s go” Angel took hold of the situation as she grabbed his shoulders pushing him towards the guest room but he spun around telling the older woman that he needed to speak to her daughter.

“It’s important”

“It can wait Brian. You’re not thinking straight” Angel coaxed the younger man seeing the confusion and hurt that he was trying to hide from everyone. It was evident that he was still coping from the loss and getting drunk was something that happened regularly when someone was trying to get rid of an issue.

She knew that from experience…as she finally got Brian to sleep in the guest room taking off his shoes and jacket pulling the blankets over him as she closed the door with a huff. Pushing her light brown hair back she stopped seeing her pale daughter was still frozen at the stairs.

“What was wrong with him?” Ember Rose asked with a shaky voice.

Angel walked up to her as she rubbed her daughter’s pale arm “He was drunk…just don’t bring this up again. He probably won’t remember what he said tomorrow morning”

She nodded as she walked up the stairs with her mom “How did he know where we live?”

“I don’t know” Angel mumbled accompanying her daughter trying to soothe her frightened daughter; even if Brian didn’t act violent he acted different and that frightened her. A lot. Now all she could think about was why Brian showed up at their door step demanding to see her and what was so important that he had to tell her that minute?

But like her mother said, she had to forget about what happened because the possibility of Brian remembering was close to nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brian. Brian. Brian. Getting drunk and walking to Ember-Rose's house. Any thoughts on why he went over her house? I would love to hear your thoughts and thanks for your comments

Jazz1617

Psychedelic Heroine

Aaugustin

hachie