Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back (Electronic Joker)

“Come on Frank, don’t you die on me you dick.” I whisper sniffing, lightly stroking his damp forehead. Mikey has gone on the look out for the others, and Ray is in front, gun cocked guarding us. “We never should have taken this path…”

I shiver as I hear shouts behind me, which can only mean that the others have arrived. I hear footsteps nearing me but I don’t turn. I hear another shout.

“RAY!” It was Cyanide. “What the fuck is going on?” she shouted, stopping before him.

“We’re holding them off…” Ray began, “Lauren’s in there with Frank.” I flinch slightly, I can’t imagine her face right now.

“NO! FUCK!” I hear her scream, pushing past Ray and in no time she’s by my side, sobbing uncontrollably, as was I.

“Lauren, what the fuck happened?” she managed.

I explained everything to her, me tripping over, us loosing Ray and Frank, the boiler room and how we ended up in this position. She took a glance at Frank's motionless body and burst into tears again, I put an arm round her to comfort, but I was too crying. She turned to me,

"Is he alive?" She asked, I nodded.

"Barely..." I sigh, looking back down at his chest rising up and down slowly.

"His heart beat is faint," I continue. "And I managed to stop the bleeding, but he lost a lot, Cy...." She nodded, hesitantly looking at the pool of blood at his side.

"I'll wake him up," She said, crawling on top of him, lying her body on top of his.

"Frank...Frank...wake up, babe, come on..." She lightly slapped his cheeks, but there was no response.

I decide to leave them, she needs a moment with him. I get up and walk to where the others are. I help but fall into Mikey's arms, crying my eyes out.
_______________________________________________________________________
Mikey takes my hand as we follow on the group, Gerard's got Frank in his arms, Cyanide by his side and Ray just in front of us, dragging his feet.

Just as we enter the tunnels again, the shouting occurs once more. I turn to Mikey.

"Shit..." I sigh, I let go of his hand and take my gun out, pulling back on it as I run up to Gerard.

"Okay, you take Frank and the others. Save yourselves, I'll hold them back."

"Are you fucking crazy?" he shouts, stopping.

"Maybe, but you all need each other right now." I feel Ray approach me from behind,

"I'll stay too." he says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No Ray-" I turn to him, but he interrupts me,

"Don't you dare, you're not staying here alone." I smile lightly, Kobra approaches me also, taking his glasses off.

"I'm staying too." We all jump as we hear gun shots nearing us.

"No Mikey, your brother needs you right now." I kiss him lightly, "I'll be fine."

He pulls me into a hug, I don't restrain, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"I love you, please, please be careful." he sighs into my neck.

"I'll be fine, I promise. I love you too." he kisses me once more and then lets me go, wiping a few tears away. He pats Ray on the back,

"Look after her man, and look after yourself." Ray nods.

"We'll meet you back in the shack in a few." he says, taking his gun out again. The others nod, Cyanide approaches me, bringing me into a hug,

"Please be careful." she says, I nod and pull her away, pushing her towards the door. They all run ahead of us, and turn out of sight. I turn to Ray, cocking my gun.

"Well are ya ready Ray?" I ask, smiling at him,

"Yeah!" he shouts, and we both run down the opposite direction, shooting ahead of us as a white wave of Dracs come flooding down the tunnels towards us.