Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

With Duct Tape Scars On My Honey (Electronic Joker)

I'd been sitting for hours, just vacantly staring out of the window. Exploder had got a call off of Korse telling him to come to the headquarters, I wonder if Korse has Revenge with him. The weird thing is he didn't say anything about me, not that he captured me, nothing. He just left without saying a word.

"Ow, Damn it!" shouted a figure, someone had just jumped through the glassless window and landed straight on their face. I jump in my seat slightly, my wrists burning from being restrained by my own bandana.

"CY! OH THANK GOD!”" I shouted, jumping up and down in the seat, ignoring the pain in my wrists.

“Lauren!” She cried, clambering to her feet, running over to me and removing the bandana as I tie it around my neck again, rubbing at my sore wrists before throwing my arms around her.

“Oh my god, thank you,” I sigh into her shoulder, “I’ve been here for HOURS, I thought I was going to die! There were spiders and rats and bugs-“

“You kill Dracs and Scarecrows and threaten Korse but you’re afraid of those?” She joked, winking.

”Shut up.” I laugh, "You get my notes?" I ask, my face beaming.

"Yep!” She laughed, “but, Gungan…REALLY, Lauren, REALLY?" She chuckled, punching me in the shoulder.

"I figured Mikey would know it was me that way.” I said, looking at the ground, then I shoot my head up to the window, “MIKEY!" I shout.

"He’s fine, Lauren, he's outside." says Cy, hands on her hips.

I don't wait another second, I run to the window, throwing my head out as I spot Mikey below, "MIKEY!" I wave at him,

"LAUREN, THANK GOD!" he shouts back, before I know it, I've jumped out of the window, Cy shouting behind me but I ignore it, landing in Mikey's arms.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!” Frank exclaimed but I ignored it, I blanked the whole world out and focused on Mikey, not thinking twice as I kiss him straight away, an aggressive, but passionate kiss as our tongues entwine. I pull away, the kiss seemed to have lasted hours.

“Hey…” I grin.

“Hey.” He smiles back, kissing me lightly, putting me onto my feet.

“I’m sorry…I know…I should have told you, I just thought I could do it all and be back in time for when you guys woke up…I guess not…” I say, looking down at my feet, shuffling them about in the sand. Mikey wraps his arms around me, bringing me into a tight embrace.

“It’s okay, I just wish you would have told me. I would have come with you, you know that.”

“I know…” I mumble into his jacket.

“All that matters, is that you’re alive.” He says, taking me by the shoulders and pulling me away from him. I smile lightly but then I remember,

“REVENGE!” I shout, Mikey jumps slightly as I do.

“What?” he asks, looking confused behind his glasses.

“REVENGE, BATTERY REVENGE. I RECRUITED HIM BUT THEN I LOST HIM AND OH GOD HE COULD BE DEAD AND IT’S ALL MY FAU-“

“LAUREN CALM IT.” Mikey says, shaking me by the shoulders, “start from the beginning.”

I take a breath as Mikey calls the others over to listen, and I see that Frank is limping, Cyanide supporting the rest of his weight on her. I point at his ankle.

“What happened…” I ask.

“Long story.” Grins Frank, looking at Cy who giggles.

“Okay, tell us what happened.” Said Mikey, taking my hand and I nodded, focusing back on today’s events.

“There’s this kid, he's about fucking ten, he's been following us…” they look at each other, mouths open slightly. “he wanted to help so I let him in the gang, I couldn’t just leave him. So I gave him a name, ‘Battery Revenge’ and what not. But he ran into some BL/ind cars and got taken away…”

Mikey lightly squeezed my hand, “Do you know where they took him?”

“Maybe headquarters but I don’t know, it was deserted.” I say, Frank and Cy exchange glances again.

“Alright,” begins Mikey, and their attention is on him, “we’ll go back to the shack, drop Frank off-“

“AW, WHAT?” groans Frank, stamping his good foot. "Come on!"

“Dude, your foot’s mangled.” Mikey says, gesturing down to his foot as Frank glances down at it, frowning. Cy patted his shoulder.

“As I was saying,” Mikey continues, “Drop Frank off, pick Gerard up and head to the headquarters.”

“Ahem…” Cy begins, raising her hand slightly as we all look at her, “could I stay with Frank at the shack maybe?” Mikey nods.

Frank smiles at her, nuzzling her nose slightly and I smile at this.

“Oh yeah…and uh Frank…” Mikey asks, straightening his glasses, “since your foot is kinda screwed, I guess that means you can’t drive the car…”

Frank rolls his eyes at him as he reaches into his pockets and produces the keys, I see Mikey jumping up and down like a kid at Christmas as he takes the keys excitedly.

"WOO!” he grins.

“Yeah alright, just go easy with it.” Frank says, smiling at the excited Mikey.

I giggle at his grinning face as we reach the car, he runs to the drivers seat straight away, turning the key. I turn to Cy.

“Boys…” I sigh, giggling slightly, she giggles back. I clamber into the passenger seat, and Cy helps Frank into the back seat. My giggles continue as I see Mikey’s beaming face as we drive off, back home.