Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Waking up (Electronic Joker)

“Fuck…NO!” Yelled Kobra, he had seen Joker laying unconscious, he ran over to her, dropping his gun and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her.

“Please, wake up!” he cried, but she still didn't move.

“Kobra, calm it!” Jet Star said, taking her from him and put his two fingers to her wrist, feeling the slow but alive heart.

“She’s alive,” he stated, Poison cheered and high fived Fun Ghoul, his other hand still on the forehead of Cyanide.

“We’re all alive!” he shouted, not breaking his gaze with her. Kobra slumped to the ground sighing in relief, sniffed and wiped away a few tears.

“Alright we need to go, now!” Jet Star shouted, clambering into the vehicle. Poison looked back down at Cyanide, stroking away a few strands of hair from her pale face, kissing her lightly on the lips once again. He then got up and patted Kobra on the back reassuringly.

“Come on man...” he looked up, breaking his gaze from Joker and gave a small nod. Poison offered him his hand and he took it.
_______________________________________________________________________

“Fuck…” Everything’s blurry; I can’t make out a fucking thing. Am I dead? Is this heaven….hell? My throat is still burning…so all of that did happen. All of a sudden I make out a few figures rushing past my eyes; have they spotted me? Who are they?

“Guys! Guys!” shouted one of them, and a cold hand patted my forehead. I jumped, my vision returning as I came face to face with Kobra Kid. I gaped for a second, not knowing what to do. I'm in the shack, on the sofa...I'm home.

They had rescued me, and I had no idea whether to cry or hug him. His eyes were red…had he been crying? Before I could even think anymore I had flung my weak arms around his neck, I was doing both, tears streaming down my face.

He lifted me up and we stayed there for what seemed like hours; I wanted it to last forever.

“…Thank fuck.” He whispered into my neck.

“Thank you” I state, pulling away from him slightly, arms still around each other. I go in for a second hug and he doesn’t restrain, squeezing me tighter than the last.

I then, right there in his embrace, think this over. Me and Kobra Kid…do I have feelings for him? I think I do…should I kiss him? Before I can think it over any more, I spot Cyanide lying helplessly, sprawled out on the sofa, Poison by her side.

“Is she…” I ask Kobra, looking up at his tear stained but beautiful face.

“No” he said, shaking his head, he took my hand and lead me carefully over there, I was stumbling everywhere, still extremely weak, but I didn’t care. She’s my friend and I caused this to happen to her. I fall onto my knees.

“Shit…”

“It’s not your fault,” states Poison, stroking her forehead still.

“But it is…if I hadn’t of been so…so stupid!”

“Hey, stop it!" Poison says, a little louder than before. "You were not. It was not your fault, it’s theirs and it always will be. Everything will always be their fault...” He’d looked up from Cyanide and was staring into me, he reached forward and wrapped his arms around me, I rest my head on his shoulder.

“All that matters is that we’re alive,” he sighs, and I nod.

“Thank you." I pull back, I want to hug Cyanide but I can’t. I want to thank her. Instead I stroke her hair back and sigh.

“Hey...” Says a voice from behind the sofa, I look up. Jet Star! “you’re awake!” He yells. I run past the sofa and into his arms, thanking him, he winces in pain and I pull back quickly.

“Easy there”, he sighs, gripping his arm but not letting go off me.

“You…you got shot?” I ask, yet another person I’ve caused to get hurt. “I-I’m so so-“

“Hey, don’t you dare.” He smiles and wipes away a tear from my cheek. Behind him I spot Fun Ghoul,

“There’s your saviour,” chuckles Jet Star, and releases me as I run towards Fun Ghoul, chucking my arms around him.

“Thank you so much, Ghoul...” he giggles, and pats me on the back.

“Anytime doll." he says, and I stumble back over to sit in Kobra's arms once again, waiting for Cyanide to wake up.