‹ Prequel: Love in the Dark
Status: This story won't be as active as others that I'm working on, and especially not as active as Love In The Dark, however, as soon as I'm finished with one of the other ones, I'll start updating at a more rapid pace. :D

Riddle Me This

two

"And now, for your viewing pleasure, the last of the Flying Graysons, the one, and only, Dick Grayson!"

The light shot up to him on the tight-rope, walking on it like he was to maintain his balance. Turning to face us, he waved and jumped, twisting to grab onto a swing that someone sent down for him. He let go, letting the momentum take him backwards, spinning in the air to grab a hold of the next one, and stood on the bar, letting it swing back to the center where he simply stepped on to the other one. He held onto the old swing for a moment, then sent it back, giving it a new swing pattern. Then using his body, he forced the one he was on to go higher before jumping and spinning in the air for a moment only to fall and grab onto the bar of the swing he changed. Finished, he let the swing carry him further over the netting before letting go, landing on his back.

He crawled off and jogged over to us, "How was that?"

"Fantastic!" I smiled, "I didn't know you were apart of the Flying Graysons."

He smiled, and nodded, "Yeah, my parents-"

"Were amazing! I saw you at my first circus! It was your parents and I think they tossed you in between them after a while."

Dick nodded, "It was when I was first starting off."

I shook my head, "I can't believe I didn't recognize your name right away!" Turning to Bruce I punched him lightly, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think that name meant anything to you." He shrugged.

I sighed and turned back to Dick, "I'm so sorry to hear how your parents died."

He stiffened and said, "Yeah, it was pretty rough."

"Thank God, Bru- Batman was there to save you." I looked down at my lap.

"You know?" Dick pointed at me before looking at Bruce, "She knows!"

He nodded.

"Wow... you must be a really special girl."

I smiled, "I sort of just... stumbled upon the cave.... He didn't have to tell me anything."

Dick nodded, "Was it the piano?"

I laughed, "Yeah! How did you know?"

"It's gotten us in trouble a few times. Luckily Alfred was always there to stop whoever it was who figured it out."

"He did stop me the first time I opened it."

"Speaking of Alfred, how is he? He still stubborn?" Dick smiled as he wiped his brow clear of sweat.

"Oh yes," answered Bruce, "I'm supposed to extend an invitation to join us tonight for dinner."

Dick laughed, "Sure! I would love to join you."

Bruce smiled, "We'll see you there."

~

After a few more hours of watching the fire eater and the classic lion and the chair skit, Dick took us around and let us pet the elephants, and yes, even the lion. Leon, the tiger, was old and well trained, and was very nice to us. He even purred as I managed to find his ear which was beginning to be buried in his mane. Bruce and I bid everyone goodbye, thanking them for their hospitality, and we drove back to the mansion. Getting out, Bruce took my hand and brought me up the large staircase that lead to the front door. Getting inside, he kissed me, before we were greeted by Alfred.

"Sir... I think there is something you'll want to see." We followed him into the parlor room, a room I was now able to walk in and our of freely, and lead us to the giant television set recently installed above the mantle. It was a news cast about a kidnapping of a local politician. He was running to replace the replacement for Harvey Dent who had died tragically a year ago. The unusual thing about this kidnapping, is that a giant card was left addressed to Batman. I turned to Bruce who was staring at the screen with hard eyes.

"Bruce? What is it?"

"I don't know."

"Are you going?"

"I have to."

I nodded.

Kissing me he said, "You'll take care of Dick?"

I smiled, "If he shows up in that outfit and all sweaty, I'll make sure he's very taken care of."

He frowned, "Not funny."

I frowned playfully back at him, "Aw.... I'm sorry."

Kissing me he left the room saying, "No sex."

I laughed and followed him into the hallway and into the library. I played the three notes for him and he smiled as I sat down and continued to play. The bookshelves slid back into place, while I messed around on the piano. Eventually there was a knock on the door and I moved to the hallway to see Alfred open the door for Dick. Walking up to him I held out my hand, "Thank you so much for coming."

"No problem. Where's Bruce?"

I smiled, "He had to step out for a while. There was some complications in Gotham that required his... special attention, if you catch my drift."

Dick nodded, "I understand."

Alfred smiled, "Would you like dinner now, or shall we wait for Master Bruce?"

I shook my head, "I have no clue how long this will be."

"I'm sure he'll be back soon."

"What happened," asked Dick the three of us moved to the dinning room.

"A man was kidnapped," I said, "And a note was left for Batman."

Dick nodded, "Is it the Joker again?"

I fought back a cringe as he said the name then said, "No. We don't believe it is."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking."

I smiled, "It's fine."

We took a seat outside on the patio looking over the garden. Alfred came out and handed me a glass of unsweetened ice tea, handing Dick a ginger ale. He looked at the old man and said, "You still remember?"

"Of course I do, Sir." He smiled and left us alone.

"So, how long have you two known each other," asked Dick.

"Since I was born, pretty much."

"No shit!"

I smiled, "Yeah. Our parents were very close when his were alive. We were just kind of put together, despite the fact that he's four years older."

"And you two have only dated for a year?"

I blushed, "We had a sort of falling out a long time ago... he was sixteen and I was twelve. I never came back."

"Wow."

"Yup."

"Well I think you're exactly what Bruce needs."

I smiled, "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Someone who knows who he really is and can live with it."

I nodded, "I can see that. Being the big millionaire that he is, it's understandable that he can't pull a double life."

Dick nodded, "I saw a lot of relationships fail."

"A lot?"

"A couple." He smiled, "Bruce didn't date much... more like he fooled around."

I smiled, "That's Bruce for you."

"Indeed it is."

We smiled and fell into a silence for a moment. Dick took a sip of his ginger ale and looked out at the garden.

"I've often thought of asking to come back here, you know?"

I turned and asked, "Why?"

Dick smiled and gave a small chuckle, "Would you believe me if I said I missed saving people?"

"Yes."

He looked at me and smiled, "Really?"

I shrugged, "Yeah. It's the Hero Complex. Once you start feeling like you can change the world you run with it."

Dick nodded, "That's what it is."

I smiled, "Bruce has it. Got it from his father."

"That he did."

We laughed and were soon joined by Bruce. "Anyone hungry?"

Turning we smiled, "Sure!"

Coming back into the mansion, we found Commissioner Gordon and Lucian Fox already sitting at the table, "I hope you two don't mind, I invited them over to have them take a break from their busy days."

I smiled, "Not at all."

Dick smiled and greeted everyone before we all sat down and had dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will start off slow, but it will work, I promise. :D

Comments?
Anything?