A Sudden Change In the Weather

Secrets

It felt like hours had passed. I was getting extremely bored. I wished I could turn on some music but the earplugs kept me from hearing anything. I wondered what Alex was thinking, if he was listening to music, or day dreaming about Macy. I sighed. This was a long trip. Why wasn’t I aloud to see or hear anything? At that moment I decided I was going to take my eye mask off. I was dying to see something besides darkness. I prayed Alex wouldn’t see me take it off as I moved the mask up. My eyes stretched to see color as soon as the mask moved away from my face. Darkness shown outside the mask as well but there was a light just in the distance. I looked over at Alex and he turned his head to look at me. His mouth opened spitting out words but I couldn’t hear anything. He swerved to the side of the tunnel and got out of the car. I felt the vibration of the door slam. My door was opening in seconds I shrunk down in my seat. ‘Uh oh,’ I thought to myself as he yanked the plugs out of my ears. There wasn’t a noise though until Alex yelled, “How long were they open?”
“Just a second. Just in the tunnel.” I whispered. I hated it when he was angry. I hated it when he yelled. Alex had a very short temper and I’d seen him lash out at small things too many times to count.
“Okay, good. Get out.” He said and I stepped out of the car.
“Where are we going?”
“Somewhere.” He said moving me so my back was facing him.
“Just tell me.” I pleaded.
“No.” He grabbed my wrists and tied them tightly behind my back with some sort of rope.
“What… what are you doing?!” I blurted out.
“Tying your hands behind your back.” Alex said nonchalantly. I glanced behind me and an evil grin was plastered on his face.
“Alex! What is going on?” I shouted.
“Shhhh!” He smiled at me and turned me to face him. He put the back in my ears gently and said something. I gave him a confused look. Then he nodded and slid the mask back over my eyes. His facial expression hovered in my mind. He pulled me back towards the door and pushed me in. A laugh escaped my lips. I continued to smile and sat in the car waiting to start on our journey. What did he mean earlier when he said, ‘your wildest dream come true?’ My biggest dream was to live in Paris. He couldn’t make that come true… could he? I shook my head in confusion where was he taking me?! The car lurched forward and we were on the road again.
This all kind of sucked. I was bored out of my mind, hours had passed since we were in the tunnel, and I had nothing else to do I couldn’t stop thinking about him. At least I didn’t have to see him even though I’ve memorized everything about him. His easy smile, his beautiful dark brown eyes, his muscles. His wavy dark hair and his humor. He was amazing and I couldn’t push him away from my thoughts. Why did he have to be so tempting? Why did I have to fall in love with him?
The car jerked to a stop, ‘Yay, we’re here!’ I celebrated with myself. Moments later I was being lifted from the car and set down on solid ground. I walked for the blind fold to be removed but it wasn’t and the ear plugs were still jammed in my ears. A hand grasped my arm and pulled me urgently but I couldn’t run accurately due to my hands being tied behind my back. I definitely felt that Alex had gone to way to much trouble for this surprise! He stopped pulling and I was being lifted off the ground and being caressed bridal style. I smiled to myself and then pushed it away. I hoped he hadn’t seen that. I always dreamt of him holding me this way, but not under these circumstances. He began to run to run quickly and I felt as if I was going to bounce out of his arms. He slowed to a stop and placed me on the ground.
We stood for what felt like years and I craved to know what was going on. Alex was being a bit too serious about this for my liking. He always did this; over played things, showed off his money. In a way it was irritating. I mean I love him sure, but he unquestionably had his flaws. For example, he was so demanding! He always had to have his away! Another flaw was his money; he always flounced it around like it was in endless supply. He was also cocky and ignorant. He was so full of himself. His ignorance was his worst flaw though. He liked to pretend that he didn’t notice when I was upset or angry. He liked to ignore the obvious.
Finally I was being led somewhere down a ramp. I was dragged forward through a small space. I was then sat down into a cushioned chair. Ugh. More sitting. My head was throbbing. I was so tired of all these secrets. My eyes fluttered closed, I hadn’t realized how tired I really was until that moment. I felt my body relax into the chair. I hadn’t been getting much sleep lately; nightmares always clouded my mind. I yawned and tilted my head to the right to rest on someone’s shoulder. Normally I would worry about where I was, whose shoulder I was laying on, and try to figure out where I was but I was just way to tired to care. In a short time I was fast asleep.