Status: Updates may be slow at first...

Meeting You Was No Accident

The Beach

We had just left Jim’s office and we were sitting in our red van, trying to decide what we were going to do next.

“Why not the Beach?” I suggested.

“TO THE BEACH!” Patch yelled. Ace laughed and put the car in drive.

* * *

We had been at the beach for about 2 hours now and the crowd was starting to thin as the sun had just started to set.

I was just finishing off my sand castle when I saw that Ace had is guitar out. That reminds me, I wrote a new song and I haven’t showed them yet.

“Hey, guys? Can I show you a new song?” They both nodded their heads and Ace handed me the guitar. I showed Ace the strumming and Patch picked up a beat easily.

They were both sitting down in front of me as I stood in front of them. For some reason, I can’t keep still when I sing. I tend to dance around a lot.

There’s a street, there’s my right, my left feet,
There’s a road of nowhere that ends meet.
I’ve got the sun, I’ve got the sand,
I’ve got that rock ‘n’ roll band,
Here I stand!
I’ve told you that when the morning comes,
I’ll be there my left hand in your right one.

Ooooo!
This is my this is my paradise,
I’m at home above all I got it by
Let the sun on my shoulder shine!
We can run beneath this clear piece of sky,
This is my paradise!

Lemonade, summer games we remember,
Colder days with a haze in December
Let’s get some groove
Going through with being too cold to move,
Sunshine is overdue.
I’m breaking out in my summer dress, yea!
I’m singing, I’m dancing, I’m obsessed, yea!

This is my paradise,
I’m at home above all I got it by
Let the sun on my shoulder shine!
We can run beneath this clear piece of sky,
This is my paradise!

Breaking the waves out on the sand
And I still hear that band,
Knowing tomorrow comes I’m not scared,
Cuz I know sunshine’s gonna be there.

Oooo!
This is my, this is my paradise!
This is my, this is my paradise!
Oooo!
This is my, this is my paradise!
I’m at home above all I got it by,
Let the sun on my shoulder shine,
We can run beneath this clear piece of sky.
This is my Paradise!


Once I finished, I heard clapping. Now, Ace and Patch don’t usually clap and when I looked at them, they weren’t.

I saw two guys walking towards us, they were the source of the clapping. They both had dark hair and very similar features. I couldn’t help but think the taller one looked strangely familiar. As they got closer, I realized why.

“Oh My God, OH MY GOD!” They both looked at me worried and it looked like they were ready to run. “You’re the guy from the window this morning! Bill, right?” I pointed at the taller of the two.

“What guy from the window?” Ace asked me. I could hear a hint of concern in his voice.

“C'est bien Ace, il était dans sa propre fenêtre.” I said to him.
(It's okay Ace, he was in his own window.)

“Don’t scare me like that!” he replied. I smiled at him. It was nice he was worried for me.

I looked back at the two boys who just looked plain confused now. I realized he might not be the guy from this morning. How awkward.

“Sorry.” I said, ”You are the guy from this morning, right? Cuz if your not, well that’s a bit awkward.”

He walked closer to me and was now only about a meter away. He was much taller than I originally thought. When I looked into his eyes I noticed something. Yes, his eyes were a beautiful colour of brown, but there was something else. Something I couldn’t find a word for.

“Hello Violet, nice to finally meet you in person.” He gave me a small smile. My god, when he said my name, it sent chills down my spine.

He held out a hand and I took it happily. “Nice to meet you too.” Patch cleared his throat behind me.

“Oh! This is Patch and Ace.” I pointed to each of them. They gave him a wave, Ace still seemed unsure.

“That’s Tom, my brother.” Bill said as he looked over his shoulder. Tom started to walk closer now.

“Twins?” I guessed.

“How did you know?” Tom asked. I just shrugged.

“That was a very beautiful song by the way.” Bill said to me. I blushed.

“Merci.”

“Are you blushing?!” Patch said. I turned and glared at him. “You are!”

I started walking towards him and he looked a little freaked out. I turned and sat on Ace’s lap.

“Ace! Patch se moque de moi!”
(Ace! Patch is making fun of me!)

“Eh bien, c'est pas très gentil, il est?” Ace said. I shook my head no.
(Well that's not very nice, is it?)
“Patch, be nice To Violet.” I stuck out my tongue at Patch.

“Sure,” Patch started, “go to Ace to protect you.”

I climbed off of Ace’s lap and sat next to him. I patted the seat next to me and told Bill and Tom to sit with us.

“So Bill, where are you from?” I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like?