‹ Prequel: You're my Treasure
Status: New sequal!

Life After Treasure

014

“Do you need any help?” I ask Riley’s mom as I walk into the kitchen.

“That would be great Maddie. Why don’t you help Sarah peel the potatoes?” She smiles at me.

“Okay.”

I go over the kitchen island where Sarah is and start helping her.

“What are the guys doing?” Sarah asks.

“Outside doing god knows what.” Mrs. Poole laughs. “You know Maddie; you are the first girl that Riley has ever brought home. He must really love you.”

“Really?” I ask with a blush creeping over my face.

“Trust me. I know my son, and the way he looks at you he is head over heels. It’s the same look my husband gives me and the same look Tim gives Sarah.” She smiles at me.

“Thanks Mrs. Poole.” I smile.

“Call me mom, I can tell you are going to be here for a long time.”

She and I smile at each other as Mr. Poole, Riley and Tim all walk into the kitchen.

“What are you guys talking about?” Tim asks.

All three of us smile at each other and then look back at the boys, “Nothing.”

“Women,” They say shaking their heads and leaving the room.

After a few hours everything is cooked and we sit down for dinner.

“Why don’t we go around and say what we are thankful for.” Mrs. Poole says.

Everyone goes around and it is my turn.

“I am thankful for everyone here, treating me like a part of the family.” I smile and Riley places his hand on my knee.

Conversations continue as we finish our food

“Riley what are you thankful for?” His mother asks.

“I am thankful for my family and for the Templar treasure.” He says squeezing my knee with his hand.

Everyone starts eating and having their own conversations, I feel Riley’s hand slowly start to creep up my leg before settling on my upper thigh. I widen my eyes and look at him.

“Relax, I’m not going to do anything… yet.” He smiles before taking a bite of mashed potatoes.

Our gaze gets broken when Mrs. Poole speaks up, “Riley when are you two heading home?”

“Tomorrow morning.” Riley says keeping his hand where it is.

“What a shame, you guys should stay all week.” She says.

“I have a job; I can’t just not show up for a week.” He chuckles.

“I know that, but it’s nice having you and Madison here. Especially since it’s usually just your father and I.” She jokes.

After dinner Riley and I go up to his old bedroom.

“What do you think you were doing during dinner?” I ask poking my finger into his chest.

He gains a smirk on his face, “I don’t know what you are talking about.”

He wraps his arms around my waist.

“Oh you don’t?” I ask just above a whisper.

“Nope, nothing is coming to mind.”

He leans down and his lips mean with mine softly.

“We can’t do this in your parent’s house.” I say closing my eyes as his mouth moves down to my neck.

“Yes we can we just have to be quiet.” He smirks against my skin and reaches for the zipper on the back of my dress.

Silence takes over the room, he gets the zipper down all the way and my dress falls to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
;)