‹ Prequel: You're my Treasure
Status: New sequal!

Life After Treasure

004

“Go get ready.” Riley says fully dressed.

“What?” I ask confused.

“Go get dressed in something casual. I’m taking you out.” He says leaving the bedroom.

I get changed, brush and straighten my hair and apply some make-up. I grab my sunglasses on the dresser and walk out into the living room.

“Are you ready?” He asks.

“Yeah….where are we going?” I ask curiously.

“It’s a surprise, but you’re gonna love it, trust me.” He smiles

I look at him skeptically before saying, “Okay”

We lock up the apartment, go to his van and start driving.

“You’re really not going to tell me?” I ask.

“No and stop trying to ruin the surprise.” He chuckles.

“Fiiiine.” I say giving up.

We keep driving and that’s when I see it, The National Zoo.

“No way! “ I say.

Riley just looks over at me and smiles that heart-warming smile.

“I love the zoo!” I say excitedly.

“I know, I thought you’d like it.” He says parking the vehicle.

We get out and he laces his fingers with mine as we walk into the zoo. Not only is the zoo awesome, but it’s the National Zoo and it is free to the public. We start at the tigers and luckily I brought my camera, so I can take pictures of the animals and of Riley and I. We move on to the bears and then the sloths, but Riley pulls me along to somewhere.

“Where are we going?” I ask.

“You’ll love this, stop asking.”

We stop at the Sea Otter exhibit and I instantly get more excited.

“Told you, you’d love this.” He says walking up behind me, wrapping his arms around my torso and resting his head on my shoulder. He takes the camera from my hand and takes a picture of us.

“I can’t believe you remembered that Sea Otters are my favorite.” I blush

After looking at all of the exhibits we go into the gift shop and we get an Otter stuffed animal and a few magnets.

“Thank you for today. It’ the sweetest thing a guy has ever done for me.” I smile and kiss him.

“It was my pleasure.” He mumbles into the kiss.

We go back home and my phone rings just as I sit down on the couch.

“Hello?” I ask not bothering to look at the caller ID.

“Hey Maddie it’s Abigail. Do you want to come over and have a girl’s night, kinda like a sleepover?” She asks.

“Yeah I’d like that.” I reply.

“Okay I’ll come pick you up in 20 minutes.” She says hanging up.

“Who was that?” Riley asks sitting next to me with a Sam Adams in his hand.

“Abigail, she wants to have a girl’s night at her house.” I say getting up.

“Well that’s good timing because your brother and I are having poker night at his house.” He says.

“And you’re just now telling me? You’re lucky I have something to do, otherwise I would have been pissed.”

“I honestly just remembered it.”

I pack some clothes for tonight and tomorrow and my toiletries.

“Abigail’s here!” Riley calls.

I grab my stuff and walk into the living room where Abigail and Riley are.

“I’ll be back tomorrow.” I say kissing his lips softly.

As soon as Abigail turns to leave Riley pulls me back in and kisses me hard on the lips.

“Bye babe.” He says grinning.

Abigail and I go back to her apartment and instantly change into pajamas.

“I got a bunch of junk food and sodas and vodka.” She smiles.

“I think we should go easy on the vodka.” I laugh.

“Yeah, you’re right, only a little.” She smiles.

We put Pretty in Pink on the DVD player and start talking.

“Ben and I are looking for a place together.” She tells me as she pops some popcorn in her mouth.

“Really, that’s cute. Did you guys get your government check for the finder’s fees?” I ask.

“Yeah, did you and Riley get yours?” She asks.

“No, not yet.”

“Well yours should be coming in any day then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (: