‹ Prequel: You're my Treasure
Status: New sequal!

Life After Treasure

009

Riley and I are sitting on the couch watching Saturday morning cartoons in our pajamas. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him turn his head and look over at me and then look away. A minute later he does the same thing, and the next minute and the next. He looks back over to me and I look at him.

“What?” I ask.

“Nothing.” He says turning back to the TV.

I do the same and then I see him do it again. I choose to ignore it, just to see if he will do it again. He slowly turns his head towards me.

“What?!” I laugh looking at him.

“I love you.” He says, “I wanted to say it last night but I thought it would be too cliché and it would ruin the moment. I’m in love with you Maddie.”

“Aw Riley, I love you too.” I say and place a tender kiss on his lips.

“I got you something.” He says standing up and going in the kitchen.

He comes back in the room carrying an English Bulldog puppy. He walks over to me and lets me grab the puppy.

“I got him from the animal shelter downtown. And I thought I’d let you name him.” He says sitting back down next to me.

I start petting the puppy and I look at him and think.

“I shall name him… Rambo.”

“Of course you would.” He chuckles

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I laugh.

“You, have an obsession with Sylvester Stallone movies.”

“Do not”

“Do so”

“You’re right.” I smile as Rambo snuggles into my lap and resting arm.

“Always am.” He says while kissing my head. “I’m going to go work on my book.”

“I have to go to the store and get some groceries, my birth control is ready to be picked up and I have to get some stuff for Rambo.” I say standing up and handing Rambo to Riley.

“That second thing is really important.” He says kissing me roughly on the mouth.

“Exactly.” I smirk, then grab my keys and drive off to the store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short filler but next chaper out in like 5 minutes. And I actually to have an obsession with Sly Stallone movies.... it's a problem. lol