Status: Active :)

Just Friends

I Missed You

"Alex, I’m so freaking scared." I admitted to my best friend, whom was laying down on my pink bed.

"Kate, it’s just high school. I promise you, it isn’t that bad." He chuckled.

"Of course you would say that, Mr. Popular," I stated, giving up on picking out a outfit for tomorrow, and laying down beside him.

"Awe come on, Katelyn! Not that again, please?" He asked, looking at me. "You’re my best friend. People are seriously going to love you."

I rolled my eyes.

"That makes me feel sooo much better."

"You know what I mean."

"Whatever." I sighed heavily.

"Come on, get up!" He stated. Alex jumped off of my bed, and pulled me by my ankle.

I hit the ground, and scowled at him.

"I hate you."

"You can’t hate me. We’re best friends. It’s impossible to hate me."

"Ugh." I groaned as he helped me up.

"We’re going to get some ice-cream." He informed me, but I just pouted. "At Rita’s."

"No way!" I yelled, jumping on his back.

"What are you doing?"

"Piggy back right, duh!"

Alex laughed.

"Okay, let’s go." He started toward my door. He walked down the stairs without missing a step, and past my parents in the living room.

"Where are you kids going?" My mom asked us with a smile.

She was a fan of Alex, because she was best friends with Isobel.

"Rita’s!" Alex and I called at the same time.

"Have fun!" My dad yelled before we reached my front door.

"Are we going to walk or take your car?" I asked as I looked at the older car parked at the house next to mine.

That was Alex’s house.

"I figured that we could walk." Alex stated.

"Mmkay." I replied, laying my head down on his shoulder.

"You’re lazy."

"Shut it Gaskarth." I laughed. "Now put me down,"

"What if I don’t want to?"

"Alexander William Gaskarth! Put me down!"

"Chill!" Alex laughed as he sat me down. "How was your summer, kido?"

"Depressing." I grumbled. "You just had to go on tour with your band, didn’t you?!"

"Awe. Kate, I missed you too."

"I’m sure you did."

I rolled my eyes.

"No, seriously, how was your summer?"

"It was alright."

"Just alright?"

"Yeah," I shrugged. "I mean, I usually spend my summers with my only friend..."

Alex stopped walking, and looked at me.

"Katelyn, stop it."

"Stop what?" I asked.

"I already feel bad that I didn’t bring you with my. Can we not talk about it?"

"Sure, I guess." I gave up. Sometimes I feel like Alex takes our friendship for granted. I’d do anything for that kid, and he knew it. I’d like to think that Alex would do anything for me, but I often doubt our friendship

"Okay, what’s wrong now?"

"Nothing." I lied.

"Stop lying. Tell me what the fuck is wrong."

"It’s just...why are we even friends?"

"That’s a trick question right?"

"Alex. Seriously, I wanna know."

"Um...our moms?"

"I figured." I mumbled.

"What?" He furrowed his brows.

"Nothing Lex. Come on, Rita’s is waiting for us, and I want some ice-cream."

"I’m not moving." He stated as he crossed his arms.

"Then I guess I’m going without you." I shrugged and started walking away from Alex. I honestly didn’t care if he followed me or not.

"Katelyn, wait!" He called. I didn’t stop walking, but I slowed my pace until his strides matched mine. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?"

"Like such a bitch."

I grunted in annoyance.

"Why do I feel like we’re forced to be friends?!" I snapped. Alex’s eyes went from concerned to hurt in a matter of seconds. "Oh, gees, Lex, you know I didn’t mean it like that right?"

"Then how did you mean it?!"

"I just..." I trailed off. "I think that you are only my friend because our moms are friends."

He rolled his eyes and tossed his left arm over my shoulders.

"Do you know how stupid you’re acting?!" He chuckled. "Kate, you’re my bestie! I love you, okay?"

I actually smiled a little bit.

"Love you too, Lex."

"Can we please venture off to Rita’s now? I really am craving some ice-cream."

"Sure." I laughed in return as I wrapped my right arm around his waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Firsttttt chapter! :D

Please comment!

xoxo Rae