Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Rian Confronts Alex.

ALEX

“Dude, what was that about this morning?” Rian asked me as we walked toward our English class.

“What was what?”

“The whole telling Adam that Katelyn has plans?” He replied. “Kate didn’t have plans.”

“She does now.” I stated, adjusting my backpack on my one shoulder. “Adam’s a dick. We all know that.”

“Correction, Adam’s only a dick to you.” Rian stated calmly. “And we all know that’s because of the reign you have on Kate.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“Alex, if it isn’t obvious, the girl cares for you. She really care’s a lot.”

“Of course she does, Alex. She’s my best friend.”

“That’s totally in love with you.” Rian shook his head. “The way that she doesn’t take crap from you, but still remains your friend...the girl is head-over-heels.”

I stood there speechless.

“Really?”

Rian nodded.

“Stop messing with her, please?” He begged.

“I’m not messing with her.” I snapped. “She’s Katie.”

“That doesn’t seem to stop you.” Rian shook his head. “I mean, we can all tell that something happened between you two. We just can’t figure it out.”

“I might have kissed her.”

“Why would you do that, Alex?!”

“Because it felt right.” I replied, sighing heavily and sitting down in my seat. “It was last May. We went to see Daniel’s gave sight, and we were talking about her first kiss. I offered to kiss her, and she said okay?”

“Why would you do that?”

“Do you remember the day after we got back from our first tour? And Kate and I came to Rita’s?”

“Yeah....”

“That was the night that I realized that I might have feelings for my best friend. She was the only person that I missed more than my family. It could only mean that I cared, right? Well, I talked to her about the kiss, and she freaked out.”

“Go on...”

“Then by May, once my feelings didn’t go away, I’d thought that I would try again. It worked this time, and we ended up kissing for hours.” I replied. “It was the best. Then I asked her to prom, and things got a little awkward. I didn’t want Adam near her. Then after prom she found out about Lisa and me. We haven’t really been the same since then.”

“There’s your problem, Alex. You get bored, and obviously, you’re waiting for Katie. You can’t wait for her for forever. She will move on.”

“That’s what I’m trying to prevent.”

“Then you should tell her how you really feel...”

“Or what?” I sighed heavily.

“Or she will move on, and you two will grow apart.”

“That won’t happen. Katie and I will be best friends, no matter what.”

“Sure, Alex...whatever you say...”
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY SOMEEE ALEX ACTIONNNNN!!!

I <3 writing from his POV.

xoxo Rae