Status: Active :)

Just Friends

Promise Me

KATIE

“Having fun so far?” Adam asked me before we entered the movie theater.

“I am, actually.” I felt myself lightly blush. “You’re sweet.”

“I try to be.” He laughed. “I’m just surprised that you said yes.”

“How so???” I questioned.

“Well Ale-.” He was cut off.

“Katie!”

I groaned, and turned my head to see Alex and Lisa coming up to us hand in hand. My eyes flashed to their intertwined fingers, and I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

“Alex...hi.”

“What are you doing here?” He asked casually.

I furrowed my brows.

“I’m on a date with Adam...” I trailed off, looking at Adam, and then back to the couple in front of us.

“You want to go get our seats?” Adam asked suddenly, cutting off whatever Alex was about to say.

“Yeah.” I nodded, wanting to get as far away from those two as I could get. “Bye!” I stated, practically dragging him away from Alex and Lisa.

“That wasn’t awkward at all.” Adam joked.

“What do you mean?” I asked as we took our seats.

“Alex and Lisa...it’s odd. I thought that the girl was dating Jack?”

“They’ve been broken up for a while.” I told him honestly.

“Damn, do those two share everything?”

I sighed heavily.

“Not everything.”

“Don’t they share you?”

I shook my head.

“Not entirely.” I replied awkwardly. I mean, Jack’s kissed me too, but it was nothing like how Alex had kissed me. “Look, the movie’s starting.” I pointed out, taking the tension away from me.

“Hey,”

I jumped at the sound, and looked to the right of me to see Alex and then Lisa.

“Sh!” I hissed, turning my attention back toward the movie.

This guy is killing me.

*

“Okay, they were really gross.” Adam stated as soon as we got into the car. “Alex was eating her face off the entire time.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Please don’t remind me.” I lightly joked. “Traffic is bad out here,”

“For sure.” Adam nodded. “But weren’t they getting on your nerves?”

“Yupp.” I nodded. “I’m going to kick his ass when I see him tomorrow.”

“You sure do spend a lot of time with Alex.”

“He’s my biffle.” I stated. “I’ve known the kid since birth. Our parents are best friends, and we both moved here from England. So, I do actually spend a ton of time with him.”

“Oooh okay.” He nodded, and pulled out, slowly driving me home.

He pulled outside of my house, and I saw that Alex was already home.

“Isn’t that Alex’s car?”

I nodded.

“Yeah.”

“Does he...live there?”

“Yeah,” I laughed. “Hence us spending a ton of time together.”

“Can I walk you to the door?”

“That would be sweet.”

“Okay.” He laughed.

He hugged me tightly when we got to the door.

“I had fun, Adam.”

“Me too.” Adam smiled before he kissed me.

I couldn’t bring myself to close my eyes. It was a good thing too, because I saw Alex staring at us from his room, and he had an unhappy scowl on his face.

“Goodnight.” I smiled politely, and walked into my house. I ran up the stairs, and went to my window, that faced his. I opened the window, and He almost smiled. “You know that it’s rude to spy on people, right?”

“How do you know that I was spying?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Ooh please.” I rolled my eyes. “Wanna come over?”

“Best friend sleep over?” He questioned. I nodded, and smiled. “Sure! I’ll be right there.”

“Let me tell my mom.” I laughed before I turned around, and walked down the stairs. “Mom?”

“In the study!” She called back.

I walked back there, and I knocked.

“Hey.” I smiled as I walked into her and my father’s study, where she was reading a book.

“Hey, darling.”

“Mom, Alex wants to sleep over. Is that cool?”

She raised an eyebrow, and I rolled my eyes.

“Purity ring, Mom. Calm down.”

She laughed, and it made me smile.

I’m really close to my mom.

“I know, I was just messing around.” She joked. “Sure, he can stay.”

“Thank you!” I laughed, hugging her tightly.

“How was your date?”

“It was okay.”

“Just okay?”

“I’m not bringing him home anytime soon, if that’s what you mean.” I shook my head, and walked out of the study. I went back to my room, and I put on a old Blink shirt and Alex’s gym shorts before running down the stairs just in time for him to walk in.

“Hey, hey.” He laughed.

“Hi!” I returned it. “What is with you and randomly walking into my house without knocking?”

“It’s like my own house. You don’t ring your own doorbell.”

I rolled my eyes.

“What stupid logic,”

“You love my logic!” He defended. “Movie time?”

“Sure, go ahead and go up there. I’m getting a drink. You want one?”

“Sure! A coke, please?”

“Of course.” I playfully rolled my eyes, and I went to the kitchen while Alex ran upstairs.

“Katelyn?”

“Yeah, dad?” I called back, digging in the fridge.

“Was that Alexander?”

“Yes, sir. Mom said that it was fine.”

“Okay!” He yelled back.
I shook my head, and carried the drinks up stairs before he could ask any more questions.

“Catch,” I stated before tossing the Coke on the bed beside of Alex.

“Ya know, I should really get my comforter back. Hot pink does not look good,”

“At least I gave you back your posters.” I rolled my eyes, sitting on the bed beside him.

“Did you have fun tonight with Adam?” He asked me.

“Uh...yeah. I did, thanks for asking.”

“Aren’t you going to ask about Lisa and I? I know that you are just dyinnngggg too,”

I scoffed.

“Obviously you had a great time. You were eating her face off the entire time. I was barely able to pay attention.”

Alex tossed his left arm over my shoulders, and hugging me into his side.

“Please, you’re just jealous.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Of course I am!” I joked. “Seriously, Lex. It was really gross. Why would I be jealous?”

“Cause I was kissing her instead.”

“Nope, not seeing it.” I wrinkled my nose.

“Oh please, you miss me kissing you.”

“Nah. I’ve got Adam for that now.”

Alex’s playful smirk fell from his face, and I knew that I said the wrong thing.

“Yeah.” He nearly whispered.

“What’s your problem.” I joked, lightly bumping his side.

“Nothing.”

“LEX!” I whined. “Tell meeeeee.”

“Katie, can you promise me something?”

“Uh...depending...”

“Promise me that you will never let Adam take my place.”

I felt my jaw drop.

“Lex...seriously? You’re my best friend. I really like Adam. What if I end up marrying him.... or any other guy?”

“I don’t....”

“You don’t what?” I asked, whispering and leaning closer.

“I...” He sighed before pressing his lips against mine.

Unlike Adam’s kiss earlier, my eyes instantly closed, and my right arm wrapped around his back. I placed my left hand lightly on the right side of his clean-shaven face, and allowed the kiss to deepen.

That was when I realized that I loved Alex with everything I had.

And I swear that Alex felt the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longggg chapter :)

Please comment?

xoxo Rae