Status: Completed

Danger Days: The True Lives of Ritalin Diamond and the Fabulous Killjoys

Save Yourself I’ll Hold Them Back

I woke up extra early this morning and made my way to the kitchen. I made myself a cup of coffee and went outside to see the sun rise. It was beautiful. The way the orange and yellow hues of the sun reflect upon the methane skies; it was breathtaking. I heard the door open and felt a blanket cover my shoulders. I looked over and saw Gerard sit next to me.

“I thought you weren’t a morning person sugar?” he asked.

“Mmm oh I felt like taking in the sun today. I feel a firefight coming on tonight. The devil’s got our number they say. But if we sing these words, we’ll never die,” I said to him.

“Get off the ledge and drop the knife, Skye. You’re not a victim of a victim’s life. This ain’t a room full of suicides because we’re believers and I believe in tonight,” he responded.

“We could leave this world, leave it all behind. We could live forever if you got the time,” I said looking straight into his eyes. He looked down at me and was inches away from my face when he whispered, “If you save yourself tonight, sugar.”

I could feel his breath on my mouth and just when I could taste his lips. Mikey comes running out. We break apart and move further apart in the bench. I look away embarrassed and with red cheeks.

“Oh did I interrupt something?” Mikey asked.

“No, no n-n-nothing at all, Mikes. Gerard thanks for the blanket. I’ll see you inside,” I said while scurrying inside and not making eye contact with anyone. I ran to my room and shut the door. I turned around to find Frank inside lying on my bed.

“Frank what are you doing on my bed? You’re going to get your cooties all over it,” I said laughingly while going in for a hug.

“Your bed looked so comfy Skye so I came in and slept for a couple of minutes,” he said while smirking down at me.

“Fine but I have question for you though. You’re Gerard’s best friend. Has he…,” I hesitated thinking of how I should phrase this question, “Well has he ever had a girlfriend or been close to anybody?”

Frank looked down at me and asked why I wanted to know.

“Oh I’m just curious, is all,” I responded.

“Uh huh, right tiny. Well he had a girlfriend before BL/ind took over. Lindsey was her name but she ran away to join Korse and his company and left Gerard back in New Jersey. He spent months looking for her. He finally heard word that she was in California so he came down here and searched for her. He found her in deep shit with BLI and found out all about their takeover. So he left her and came back to warn us. The takeover happened and with Jamia gone I had nothing to live for but Gerard came to me with a plan to break down Korse and now you see us here fighting the bastards,” Frank said.

“Why would she do that?” I asked to myself. I apparently said it loud enough for Frank to hear because he responded by saying she was into drugs and partying and Korse offered her everything she wanted in life. She couldn’t see past her own selfishness and couldn’t see the evil she would get herself into until it was too late.

“We never heard from her and I guess Gerard decided not to take anymore chances and I never saw him with anyone else since then.” Frank said.

I thanked Frank for telling me this and I made my way to the kitchen for some breakfast.

“We’re we about to kiss? Did he like me the same way that I do for him? His heart has been broken and am I ready to fix it and save him from his demons?” I thought to myself while getting myself a piece of toast.

I saw Ray already finishing his breakfast and Frank came in not long after me and joined me with his cup of orange juice. We started talking about my old life and my family. I was an only child and Keelan and my mom were always there for me. I had some friends but none were of importance once the takeover happened.

After a couple of minutes, the door to the diner opened and in came Mikey and Gerard. I could feel his eyes on me and I turned around and met his eyes straight on. We held each other gazes until Gerard broke away first and I had a hard time not smirking in his face.

They both got a cup of coffee and were heading to our table when a transmission from Dr. D came on.

“Attention killjoys. Korse has been spotted in the outskirts of Battery City with a group of Scarecrows. We are gonna need back up if we are to take him down,” Dr. D said.

“Roger that, Dr. Death Defying. Killjoys are on the way,” Gerard responded and turned around and ordered us to get ready.

Our previous encounter was pushed past us and now we had to focus on the mission ahead. I changed into my jeans and combat boots. I borrowed a vest from Frank and ran outside towards the Trans-Am trying to put my gun holster on. I guess I was having difficulty and Gerard came to my side and helped me clip it in. I said thanks and kissed his cheek. I could feel heat rushing to my face and I saw the same thing happening to him. I walked past him and sat in the passenger seat next to Frank and Ray.

Frank looked at me and smirked slightly. I slapped his shoulder playfully and Gerard made his way to the driver’s seat and took off into the California desert ready for the firefight.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to update. Kinda fillerish but hey some attempts at Gee loving were made. xD

I want to thanks all my readers/subscribers and commenters for making this story get TWO stars. So thank you and I love all of you!!! ^_^

Thanks individually to....
Save Your Sanity (go read her killjoy story, it's really good),
KimmaLoveLaugh (read her frerards, they are amazing!!),
and Take To The Highways (read her story too ^_^).

P.S. 16 more days!!! I'm fucking ready :D