Status: Completed

Danger Days: The True Lives of Ritalin Diamond and the Fabulous Killjoys

Party Poison

I woke up still in Gerard’s arms. I looked over to him and saw he was still fast asleep. His chest rose slowly and his mouth was slightly open. His hair was a mess and I loved it that way. I could see his eyes start to flutter open.

“Good morning Gee,” I said to him.

“Mmm yeah good morning Skye,” he replied while hugging me tighter. I looked up and saw his smiling face look down at me. We must have stared at each other for a few minutes when Frank came barging in the room and opened up the blinds.

“Ahhhhh my eyes, they burn,” I yelled while hiding underneath the covers.

“Come on sleepyheads time for breakfast. Ray is cooking today so it’s gonna be good.” Frank said while exiting the room.

“Come on Skye we can’t have Mikey have all our food,” said Gerard while offering his hand to get me off the bed.

I reluctantly complied and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I heard a knock on the door and saw Gerard hand me some of his clothes since I have been way too lazy to do the laundry. I smiled gratefully and locked the door behind me. I came out a couple of minutes later and went out to the diner.

I could smell the scent of eggs and bacon in the air. I also saw a huge stack of blueberry pancakes right in the middle of the table. I went to go sit by Frank and Gerard came to sit on the other side.

Ray and Mikey came out of the kitchen with another stack of freshly made pancakes and joined us at the table.

“Where’s Dr. D? Isn’t he going to join us?” I asked while getting pancakes on my plate. Frank tried to reply but all I heard was muffled sounds from his stuffed mouth.

“What I think Frank here is trying to say is that he went out with Show Pony and Hot Chimp on one of their missions,” Ray replied. Show Pony and Hot Chimp were Dr. D’s friends and often helped him with his pirate radio and missions.

“Yeah what Ray said,” Frank replied while taking a sip of his orange juice.

“So what are doing today then guys?” I asked just as we were finishing up breakfast.

“We have nothing planned, just hanging out I guess,” Mikey replied while washing his dirty dishes. Ray nodded in agreement and I saw Gerard make his way to the kitchen.

“Well how about I re-dye that hair of yours Gerard?” I said.

“Nuh uh Skye you aren’t going anywhere near my hair,” Gee responded while clutching his head protectively.

“Yeah tiny, remember you almost set it on fire last time you wanted to touch his hair,” Frank said laughingly.

“God I did not set his hair on fire okay. The match was just too close to his head,” I said.

“Yeah well tell that to my bald spot I now have,” Gerard said while pointing to his head.

“Are you sure I caused that ‘cause I could have sworn it was already there you old man,” I teasingly said to Gerard. He half glared at me and went to wash his dishes.

“Aww c’mon Gee let me dye your hair. I’ll even let you dye mine. Whatever color you chose okay?” I said to him.

He let out a sigh and agreed. I fist bumped the air and went to go give him a hug.

“Thanks Gee and I will definitely make that hair of yours look extra pretty,” I said over my shoulder as I was walking out of the kitchen and into the diner.

I saw Ray and Mikey getting ready to play old video games they found during one of our missions. Frank went to go sit in the corner with a copy of Watchmen in his hands.

I went to my room and got out a bottle of red dye I bought from one of the convenience stores we passed earlier.

I got some towels from my closet and went to set up in his bathroom. I put on one of my old t-shirts and I found some gloves underneath the sink. I got out the bottle and shook it until all the red was mixed. I heard Gerard come in and motioned him to sit on the chair I had out for him.

I gave him some petroleum jelly to cover his bare skin and preventing the color to stain that beautiful pale skin of his.

I poured the dye into my gloved hands and started putting the color on his fading hair. We talked about his old life and how he missed performing onstage. He missed the roar of the crowds, the dancing, and the pure raw energy that they gave off for him. He craved it now and again but his drawings distracted him long enough to forget. It took me about fifteen minutes. His hair wasn’t as thick as mine and I didn’t need to use the whole bottle.

“Okay all done now Gee,” I said to him while still playing with the left over dye in the bowl. I gave him a shower cap to let the color set in and now he was motioning me to take a seat.

“Gee it better not be a horrible color or else I will kill you in your sleep,” I said threateningly to Gerard.

“I promise Skye now close your eyes and no peeking,” he said and the last thing I saw was his adorable smirk as I closed my eyes.

He started humming and soon turned into full on singing while dying my hair.

Ain't nobody gonna dance tonight
Ain't nobody gonna get the best of me
Hey there DJ come and save my soul
I've come to show you how we rock and roll
Come and see what sinks and floats
I'm gonna shout this out till everybody knows

This Ain't a party
Get off the dance floor
You want the countdown
Here comes the gang war
You do it alright
You got the answer
'Cause all the good times
They give you cancer

Because we were all like you in the end
Or maybe killing ourselves by sleeping in
With the lights off do it again
Till you cuss and you dance and your famous friend's flown away.


“Gee if you keep on dancing anymore, you’re going to pull my hair out,” I warned Gerard.

“Sorry sugar, I was just in the zone. I’m almost done with this puke green though,” Gerard said.

I instantly reached up to my hair and started yelling obscenities at him and warning about his immediate death but all he did was laugh and told me not to look until he was done. "Evil bastard" I thought to myself. I did feel slight butterflies in my chest when he called me sugar though but I ignored those feelings for now.

“Okay all done, just let me get a cap for your hair,” he said over his shoulder while going out to find a cap. He came back a few seconds later and told me to open my eyes.

“Damn it Gee why did you have to get a black one? I can’t fucking see the color now!” I exclaimed.

“That’s the point sugar now let me wash this off before it fries my hair even more,” he answered.

“Fine you sneaky bastard,” I said sticking my tongue out to him too. He just laughed and headed into the shower. I left his room and joined Mikey and Ray on the couch still playing video games.

They didn’t even notice me so I got up and went to surprise Frank by giving him a hug.

“Whoa there tiny you’re gonna stain my shirt,” he said while pulling me into his chest.

“It’s already dirty enough Frankie. Plus it’ll be a little souvenir of the only day I let Gerard get near my hair,” I responded.

He laughed and pulled me in closer. I went to read where he left off in his comic but then Mikey announced he was hungry.

I nodded in agreement and went to the kitchen with Frankie close behind to find something to eat. We found some chips and leftover dip to go with it. I went to go check up on Gerard and see if he wanted something to eat.

I entered his room and saw him coming out of the shower shirtless and with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Ahh shit I’m sorry,” we both exclaimed at the same time. I tried covering my eyes and accidently hit my hand on the corner of his desk and ran away from his room. I closed the door and felt my cheeks grow warm at the thought of seeing him shirtless and water dripping from his bright red hair. I felt blood drip from my hand so I went to find some bandages for it.

Frank saw me come out in a hurry and followed me to my room.

“What’s wrong Skye?” he asked.

“Uhh n-n-othing, nothing at all. Why would you think that,” I stuttered out my answer.

“Well for one thing you’re stuttering and your cheeks are really red,” he replied rather smugly.

“Nothing happened Frank okay?” I said.

“Fine, fine but I’ll find out sooner or later then,” he said as he walked out of my room. I looked over at the time and decided it was time to take the color off. I checked outside to see if Gerard came out of his room and was grateful he hadn’t.

I washed the color out and came to find out it was a lovely shade of violet. I pulled up hair up and wrapped my towel around it. I went to find my clothes and was forced to wear one of Gerard’s shirts again. "Damn I really need to do laundry again." I thought to myself. I dried my hair and looked in the mirror. My hair looked amazing. It was in a beautiful bright shade of violet and I would have to thank Gerard for choosing it.

I came out of my room and was greeted by wolf whistles and howls from the boys. Gerard came out of the kitchen and I saw his face light up at the sight of my hair. I might have forgotten the earlier incident because the next thing I did was walk over and give him a big hug and a huge kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you Gerard. I love my hair! Have I told you how amazing you are,” I said laughingly to him.

“Nope but you should more often then Skye,” he replied, “I also must say you did an amazing job with mine sugar.”

“What can I say? I’m a woman with many talents,” I replied while winking at him. I went to sit over by Frankie who was eating a veggie burger.

“Damn tiny you look really good. I told Gee he picked out a great color,” he said.

“What??!! You knew about it and didn’t tell me??!! What kind of best friend are you short stuff,” I said while taking a bite out of his burger.

“Hey man, get your own!” he laughingly exclaimed. I laughed and went to go join Mikey on the couch. He put on Dawn of the Dead and I was settling in when Gerard joined me on the couch. He came really close to me and I felt him hesitate a few seconds before pulling me in close to him.

I wasn’t going to tell him to go away so I settled into his arms and fell asleep halfway through the movie. After a few minutes, I felt my body being picked up and being laid on my bed. I felt someone pull the covers over my body. He leaned down and kissed my cheek good night and I think I heard him say faintly good night, my love but that could have been my imagination. I settled into my pillow and heard the door close behind him and I fell asleep once more and dreamed of beautiful things.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think? I personally loved this chapter because it reminded me of my many hair adventures my best friend and I have in her dorm bathroom.

I want to thank my lovely readers/subscribers for sticking with me in my first fan fiction. I would like to dedicate this chapter to KimmaLoveLaugh for being an amazing person and friend.

Thanks to my commenters Save Your Sanity and Bubbleloveworld. You guys are the shiz and thanks for sticking with me.

So comment/subscribe away my fellow killjoys. Oh and only 18 more days left!!!! ^_^