Status: Completed

Danger Days: The True Lives of Ritalin Diamond and the Fabulous Killjoys

The Kids From Yesterday

“All the cameras watch the accidents and stars you hate
They only care if you can bleed
Does the television make you feel the pills you ate?
Or every person that you need to be.

Cause you wanna live forever in the lights you make
When we were young we used to say
That you only hear the music when your heart begins to break
Now we are the kids from yesterday.”


I woke up to the soothing voice of Gerard and I thought about the words he was singing. "What if we failed? What if BLI is too strong for us and we got sucked into its growing madness,” I thought to myself while Gerard came out of the shower. I felt the bed dip from Gerard’s body and felt his arms go around my waist. I turned around and inhaled his clean, red hair and kissed the top of his head. He looked up at me and I could see exhaustion in his face but his eyes showed a fiery determination that would not stop until we finished this. My doubts were gone in that instant and I went to kiss the man that showed me this life and this cause was worth fighting for.

We stopped to catch our breaths and just rested our foreheads together. I heard my stomach rumbled and I heard Gerard chuckle under his breath. I smacked him on his arm and went to get up and find some clothes.

We both headed out towards hall and saw Frankie making his way out of his room. He looked exhausted but gave me an adorable wink and smile when I went to give him a hug. We were then followed by Ray and Mikey and we headed upstairs to meet the other residents in this house.

Gerard went up first and was welcomed by Mad Gear and I saw a young girl with brown, bouncy curls talking to another girl in the living room. Mad Gear called out to the girl and introduced us to her.

“This is Missile Kid, everyone,” Mad Gear said.

“Huh so you’re the Fabulous Killjoys my uncle helps out? Well nice to meet the ones who help me and Mad Gear here start the revolution against BL/ind,” she said.

“Well it’s an honor to meet you here in Battery City. I’m Party Poison and this is my girlfriend, Ritalin Diamond,” Gerard said as he shook hands with Missile.

She came over to me, smiled and pulled me into a hug. I giggled and hugged her back. We let go and she made her way to meet the others.

“I’m Fun Ghoul and that’s Jet Star and Kobra Kid,” Frank said as he introduced the rest of them.
The other girl came over and introduced herself as Delirium Dano and was there if anyone needed any help.

“So now that introductions are over let’s go get breakfast and start planning the takedown,” Mad Gear said and leaded everyone towards the dining room.

We all sat down with our toast and coffee. Missile Kid started with her idea and we soon all collaborated with our thoughts and by the time the evening sky rolled on by we finally came up with the plan. We would carry out this plan soon when we found the perfect opportunity.

I got up and carried my dirty dishes towards the kitchen. I felt someone come in with me and turned around to see Frank leaning towards the counter. He was lighting up a cigarette and nodded his head towards the door. I nodded my head and he took my arm and lead me outside.

I took his cigarette from his mouth and he whined to have it back. I chuckled and handed it back to him. I look out towards the night sky and wished we could have a clear night to see the stars above.

“Let’s go check out the underground scene Skye. I found a bar run by Dr. Death’s friend, Show Pony, and I hear the scene is great,” Frank said.

I wasn’t really up to it but who could resist the puppy dog look Frankie was giving me! I sighed and begrudgingly agreed to go out with him. He grinned happily and went to the car and started the engine. I smiled at his giddiness and climbed into the passenger seat.

Frank sped off into the distance and headed towards the other side of town and stopped in front of an inconspicuous warehouse. Frank stopped the car and got out and went to my side and opened the door.

“Well what a gentleman you are Mr. Iero. Can I ask what the occasion is for?”

“Ah I am a gentleman Miss Roberts and now I’m leading you to have the best night of your life. And forget this ugly world for one night love,” he said as he pulled me into a hug. I stayed in his arms and we walked hand in hand to the door.

Frank knocked on the door and through a little opening I could see Show Pony’s dark eyes shining through. I could hear the gears turning from the inside and finally the door opened to reveal Show Pony in his finest killjoy wear.

“Hey Ghoul, how’s it going? It’s been awhile now man,” he said as he gave Frank a hug.

“Yeah it has Pony. How are Dr. Death and Hot Chimp?” Frank said.

“Dr D’s good but actually Hot Chimp’s here being DJ for the night. Oh sorry you’re Ritalin right,” Show Pony said to me. I wasn’t paying much attention to them. I could see the strobe lights from inside the warehouse and I could feel the beat through my feet from the dance floor. I longed to go in but I nodded to Show Pony and turned to Frank with a look of impatience. He chuckled under his breath and said his goodbyes to Pony and took my hand inside the bigger part of the warehouse.

Inside was a collection of music, lights, drinks, dancing and escape. I went to the bar on the side and ordered a shot of vodka to loosen up. Frank ordered the same thing and we both drank and danced the night away.

I never have felt this glad to escape this ugly world and I treasured this moment with Frankie. I smiled and laughed and danced my heart out that night. The only downside was the return back home. Frankie wasn’t as wasted as I was and somehow managed to get us back to Missile Kid’s place in one piece.

We came in giggling and I was desperately holding on to Frankie for support. I failed to see the time we came in but I could see a figure sitting in the living room with a lone light keeping him company.

“Where the fuck, were you guys?” Gerard yelled at us. We instantly stopped our laughter and I shuddered under his pissed off glare.

“Ahh Gee we just went to party. Frank took me to a great dance party,” I said as I tried desperately to look sober and cooled down but inside I was fearful of Gerard’s wrath and I hoped he wouldn’t go too far.

“What the fuck? Frank why the fuck did you take Skye out? Do you not realize how dangerous that is? Did you not think of being discovered by Korse huh? What the fuck is wrong with you?” Gerard said as he stepped closer to Frank.

“Nah man. We were okay. Skye needed to go out. Can’t you see how much she’s hurting on the inside? You need to get your head out of your ass and see how much Skye needs to escape but you’re too absorbed with BLI and the revenge you want to bring Korse. You know you can’t bring back Lindsey…” In that instant I heard a crack and I saw Frank fall to his knees and I saw blood spurt from his broken nose.

“Gerard! What the fuck??” I yelled at him as I got to my feet and went to Frank’s side. I grabbed an old shirt and tried to stop the bleeding. I turned around and saw Gerard running back to downstairs and into his room. I stared out into the darkness and saw Ray and Mikey make their way towards us.

“What the fuck happened?” Ray asked. I tried my best to explain to him what happened as I led Frank to the kitchen to clean up.

“Are you okay Frankie? I’m so sorry,” I said to him as I tried to get his nose to its right place. I moved it and heard it pop back into place.

“Motherfucker!” Frank yelled and I tried to keep pressure on his nose. I grabbed new cloths and tried to clean the dried blood off his face.

“I’m so sorry Frank,” I said to him through my tears running down my face.

Frank reached out and wiped the tears from my eyes, “No it’s my entire fault. I shouldn’t have taken you out and stayed so late. We could have been caught. I’m the one who should be apologizing. I’m such a douche for bringing up Lindsey too. He’s still sensitive to that and I know he loves you Skye but the betrayal he feels is still in his heart and he hasn’t let it go since that day.”

“You should go talk to him Skye. I’ll have Ray come clean me up. You need each other now,” Frank said with a smile. I sighed and I reluctantly nodded and asked Ray to help Frankie out.

I made my way downstairs and saw Mikey trying to get in Gerard’s room.

“Gee come on open up,” Mikey said as he pounded on the door. I grabbed his shoulder and told him that I could take him from here and he should go look after Frank. He nodded and headed upstairs and left me in the darkness standing by the white door.

“Gerard it’s me. Please open the door. We need to talk,” I said through the door. I could hear him sigh and I heard the latch open and saw Gerard’s exhausted face. I couldn’t hold back and went to hug him with all my might.

He kissed my head and closed the door. He brought grabbed hold of my chin and lifted my face to meet his own.

“You are so beautiful and I’m afraid of losing you sugar. I can’t live with myself if I knew you were in danger. I was so worried Skye. My mind came up with every horrible outcome and when I saw you enter all happy and drunk, well I lost it. I’m so sorry Skye,” he said and I saw his eyes start to water but I cleaned up any residue and simply went in for a kiss.

I loved Gerard and I never meant for him to get so worried about me.

“I love you Gerard,” I said when we broke apart.

He rested his forehead on mine, looked into my eyes and said, “You are the love of my life baby and I love so much it hurts but I will always be here for you and we will never stop running.”

I smiled and pulled him in for another kiss.

“We’ll live forever if you’ve have the time,” I said to him.

“I’ll hold them back and you be a burning star while we leave this world okay sugar,” he said to me as we headed upstairs and start the apologies.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is dedicated to Madame Monster. Sorry love for the day late update D: Go read her killjoy and Gerard fanfic because they are both amazing!!!

Ah sorry for the super late update. I had a busy week last week. Finals were being held and I went to the LA My Chem concert last Friday. It was incredible and I had the best night of my life. They were amazing and I managed to get some of Frank's water in my mouth. It tasted amazing! xD

Anyways thanks to all my readers, subscribers and commenters. I love you all!

P.S. Who's excited for the Honda Civic Tour this year??!! I know I am!! ^_^