Burn This City

My Life

Chapter 7: My Life

So I'm grinding wit my eyes wide

lookin to find a way through da day a life of the nite

dear lord you den take so many of people

I'm just wondering why you haven't taken my life

Like what the hell am I doing right?

-Game ft Lil Wayne

 

~*Aaliyah Smith*~

I woke up in Djay basement and if Darnell wasn't next to me sound asleep,I seriously thought that all last night events wouldn't have happened. It was 10 am and I could smell breakfeast being cooked. I turned my head for my phone and I was met face to face with a sleeping Loco. Damn,we slept in the same bed? For some reason that weirded me out...even though Loco was like a brother even though we fought 24/7,but I think that fighting wouldn't be coming back for a long ass time. I found my phone in my pocket cuz it was vibrating. It was from Dani. 'Omg are you okay?! I heard you got shot from Loco!' I texted back,'I'm fine Dani don't worry. And we cool now.' I decided to forgive her. It wasn't going to be my ass getting in trouble. I heard Darnell phone go off and there were missed calls from his mom. Oh shi+! He was going to get in so much trouble. I texted his mom from his phone pretending to be him and said,'Sorry mom. My friend needed help with homework at his house

 

 so I went to help him and I spent the night there. I can't go to school today but I promise I will be there tomorrow. I'll explain when I get home more.' I sent back. She immediately sent back,'Okay Darnell. Don't let this happen again.' I sighed. Boy did he owe me! I put his phone back in his pocket. I tried to get out the bed without waking both of them....fail! I ended up falling on top of Loco. Thank God Darnell didn't wake up on this. "Damn Aaliyah,you gone cheat on your boyfriend righ in front of him!" He joked. "Shutup." I said rolling off of him. He sat up. I noticed that I was only in a tank top. I looked around for my shirt and put it on. Loco stood up and stretched. "Hows your arm?" He asked. "Fine...hurts a little still." I said. "Thats good...man when I saw you fall when they were shooting...I thought we had lost you.Scared the shi+ out of me." He said. I smiled. "Awhh,since when did you get all sentimental?" I cheesed. He laughed. "Shutup trick." He said. We laughed. "And I didnt know you were so sentimental Aaliyah...I heard you scream when he got out the gun." He said. I blushed. He was right. Then Djay came down the stairs with a plate of food. "Ay,if yall wanna eat...Monica cooked." He said. I woke Darnell up and when he saw me he gasped. "Oh shi+,my moms going to kill me!" He said jumping up. I laughed."Calm down...I took care of it...shes not mad." I said. "What do you mean you took care of it?" He asked. "Look in your phone...now come on,you hungry?" I asked. He sighed and got up adn we followed Loco upstairs. Monica had made pancakes,sausage and eggs. We ate and then Loco,Darnell and I decided to leave. I needed to get home and take a shower.Bad. We got in Loco car and he started driving.

 

"Man,we got that meeting today with Syco." I said. "Yeah we do...what do you think he'll do when he finds out we fought some of theyre people?" Loco said. "Man I dont even care. He got his secrets...we have ours." I hissed. We drove in silence and then he dropped Darnell and I off. It was 3 in the afternoon. "Im giong to take a shower...I'll meet you at your crib." I said. He grinned."I cant join you?" He teased. "Shutup.I'll be back." I said. He laughed and we went our seperate ways. My mother was passed out on the couch and she was alone. I didnt care. I took a shower and put on some skinny jeans,with a black and white shirt. I put on some air force ones and I was good. I knocked on Darnells door and he opened it,only wearing a towel...showing his amazing body. He had a ripped six pack. "Damn,are you sure you just playing ball?" I asked coming in. He laughed. "Wait here and please...try not to break anything." He said. I sat down on his couch and started watching tv when my phone rang. It was Cholo. "Hey Cholo,wassup?" I answered. "Nothin...chillin at my crib.You should come over..so we can catch up." He said. "Uh I dont know if I can come...im sorry." I said. Darnell walked in the room and sat next to me. "What?! Why not? I havent seen you since we were 10." He said. I  snuck a glance at Darnell and he was looking at me with this smirk on his face. "Cuz...I'm with somebody right now." I said. "Who? Aaliyah you aint f_ckin around with that Darnell dude,is you?" He snorted. "Yehh I am,why?" I asked. "Wow,you gone choose him over me?" He asked. This wasnt the Cholo I knew and  this whole new Cholo was pissing me the fuk off.

 

"I ain choosing nobody,so stop puttin words in my mouth." I hissed. "Ya know what,forget this.I'll talk to you later when you aint trippin." He said. Oh hell naw. I hung up on his ass. Damn...now he then messed up my mood. "I would ask what happened but...I dont wanna know anything that has to do with him." Darnell said. That made me laugh. We chilled there until Syco called my phone around 5,saying we needed to be there in 10 minutes. "Lets go Darnell." I said. "How we going to get over there,with no car?" He asked. "Nigg@h we can walk." I said. He groaned and we walked outside. When we went outside Cam was sitting on his car talking to a group of guys. "Wassup Aaliyah? Didn't expect to see you around here." He grinned. Honestly,why was this dude so happy to see me? His friends were making me real uncomfortable the way they were looking at me too. Darnell grabbed my hand. "Nigg@h I live here." I said. He rose his eyebrows. "Awh you do?Now I know where to go when I need somewhere to sleep." He said lustfully grinning at me. Oh no he didn't! "What did you say?" Darnell hissed. I didn't want Darnell to get on Cam bad side...if he did...Cam would kill him. I squeezed Darnell hand and before Cam could say anything I asked him,"Wheres Dani?" He glared at Darnell then looked back to me.

 

"She left to go see that faggot Syco..." He hissed. I gave him a look and then he smiled. "My bad ma...I forgot you was rollin with him." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Well we gotta go." Darnell huffed. We started walking away and Cam yelled at us,"Awh you gone leave and not give me a hug?!" I flipped him off and we kept walking. When we turned the corner Darnell looked at me. "Stay away from him." He said. "You ain't gotta tell me that. I do that by myself." I said to him. He sighed. "I don't like the way he looks at you...fo real. Promise me you won't ever be alone with him." He said. "I promise." I said giving him a passionate kiss.

*****************

When we got to the warehouse only Moe and Montrel were there. "Ay Moe! The lovebirds are here!" Montrel joked. "Shutup. Where is everyone?" I asked. Darnell sat in a chair and I sat on his lap. "Shi+ I don't know. Syco on his way...and everyone else ain't answering they phone." Moe said. "Theyll be here." Moe assured. I was going to say

 

Something but I was distracted. Darnell started grinding against me in a sexual way. It was kind of turning me on but damn! Moe and Montrel was sitting right here! I looked at him and he started laughing. "Stop it." I whispered. He did it again and then said,"You know you like it." "Not here." I said. He laughed and started kissing my neck,which made me laugh and that made Moe and Montrel look at us. "Ay man you two gone have to cut that lovey shi+!" Montrel said. "Fo real." Moe complained. "Awh shutup!" I said. Then Syco came with Loco,and Djay came with Dani. Not to mention a frigtened Dani. Seeing Syco made me pissed off just a little. We went in and sat down and no one said a word. "Lets make this shi+ short...okay? The reason I ain't tell you guys is because I knew you'd react the same way you guys did." Syco started. "Well how else did you expect us to act? You KNEW this! Syco we couldve been killed for that sh!t." Moe said. "I know but I just needed the right time..." He said. "And when was that right time going to be? When one of us were gonna get killed?!" I hissed. Syco glared at me. "No. And you all know damn well I ain't trying to get us killed! If I wanted you all dead...you wouldve all been dead." He said. It got silent. "So is this meeting over?" Dani asked. "Guess so." I said gettin up. "Wait." Syco said. "Are you still seeing Cam?" Syco asked. All eyes were on Dani. I looked down. I wasn't going to get involved in this. "Uhhh...." She stuttered. "You are aren't you? Just answer the question...nothing gonna happen." Syco said.

 

Dani nodded shyly. Syco groaned. "Fine. I don't care if you go with him anymore Dani...but whatever happens between him and you...this gang doesn't get involved." Syco said. "So you're saying that if Cam...beat her ass or something...we can't help her?" Darnell asked. "Nope. It's on her. Cuz we all have discussed with her what type of person Cam is...and she doesn't wanna listen." Syco hissed. Dani just looked down. "So we all good now,right?" I asked. We all nodded. As we walked out the warehouse only one thing was on my mind:My life has gotten so much better now that Darnell stepped in.