Status: Complete

Sarah Smiles

I could kid myself thinking that I'm fine

“Where are we going?”

Ryan’s hand gripped hers. “It’s your birthday; we’re going out for a meal. I’m not going to let you stay in doing nothing.” The two walked up to a restaurant, she could see a small smirk playing on Ryan lips, trying to hold back his sniggers.

Pulling the door open, she looked up. A blur of people jump up, yelling the word “Surprise!”. She spun around to Ryan, confused and dazed. He gave her a meek smile before saying “Happy Birthday.” The grin is wiped off his face when her mouth curves, her bottom teeth showing. A fake smile.

A massive weight suddenly pressed against her body almost knocking her off her feet. She felt something embrace her. A voice whispers in her ear. “Happy Birthday Chiquita.” Gabe. Her arms automatically return the hug, her fingers gripping the back of his shirt. Everyone watches the two in their long embrace, including Brendon.

She pulled apart from Gabe, a gleaming grin plastered on her face. Her bottom teeth no longer bearing and a sparkle in her eye. She turned to the rest of the group and that’s when she notices him. Her heart fell to the pit of her stomach, and the colour drained from her face. Their eyes connected, both looking at each other with a blank stare. Then she began to cry. Everyone assumed she was happy, in shock from the surprise they has just shoved upon her. Because no one apart from Ryan knew what Brendon did to her, no one knew how truly broken she was. Only Ryan could see through her. And Ryan being the only one who could do this instantly regretted inviting Brendon when he saw the tears fall.

***

Another glass of wine passed through Sarah’s now bright red lips. She could feel him staring at her, and the fact he was sitting to her left was not helping her uncomfortable state. She grabbed a bottle, pouring the remaining deep red liquid into her glass. In two gulps, it was gone. She went to grab another bottle on the table when she felt something grip onto her wrist. She turned to the owner of the hand. Brendon.

“I think you’ve had enough.” He leant over and grabbed the bottle himself, not pouring the liquid into his glass tauntingly taking swigs from the bottle.

Sarah ripped her arm from Brendon’s hold not saying anything. Her eyes lingering on his. A frown played on Brendon’s lips when she turned away to talk to Gabe who was sat on the other side to her. He quickly downed the rest of the bottle. He had already drunk before Sarah had even arrived, and the alcohol was beginning to kick in.

The relationship that had blossomed between Sarah and Gabe was one that Brendon envied. Ever since he and his girlfriend had gotten together they had just gotten closer. Everyone always commented on how cute the two would be as a couple, and Brendon couldn’t even deny it himself. But what aggravated him the most was that people used to say that about himself and her. He felt like he was almost being replaced. There was also no doubt that she was swooned by Gabe’s flirtatious advances, sometimes Brendon even wondered if the two had actually slept together. With Gabe’s overt sex life, there was a huge possibility. But he knew Sarah held strong morals, she wouldn’t just have sex with anyone which is why cutting her off from his life after sleeping with her was such a hard matter itself.

Brendon could see that she was still obviously bitter about the whole situation. Sarah felt a tap on her shoulder, and instantly spun back to Brendon. “Why are you not talking to me? I thought you said you understood and that everything was okay.” He muttered.

“I did. But you’ve been the one ignoring me for two months Brendon.” She quickly swiped the bottle Brendon had refrained her from grabbing before and poured herself yet another glass of alcohol. “I called you and texted you. Not once did you return them.” She took a sip from the glass. “You fucked me and left me. You told me that you loved me, if I knew you were going to go back to your girlfriend I most defiantly would not have let that night happen...” A sigh escaped her lips. “… actually you’re drunk, we shouldn’t about this right now.”

She quickly turned her back to Brendon, not wanting to see the look on his face. The one of anger and hurt.

“Woah woah! It takes two to tango Sarah. Just because I told you I loved you doesn’t mean you should have spread your legs like a whore if you knew I was in a relationship!” His voice grew louder with every word he spoke, grabbing the attention of everyone at the table. The slurring Brendon carried on with his rant. “When did I ever say I would leave my girlfriend for you? She’s pregnant, and she’s my priority, not you. So stop being a selfish bitch and fucking empathise for once.”

Silence. Brendon’s face was stern, while Sarah’s mouth had dropped and her eyes begun to water embarrassed at what he has said.

“What? Are you going to start crying again? Stop being so miserable and move on. I’m happy with my life; I mean, I’m going to be a father. Maybe if you get this little idea of me and you being together out of your head, you can be happy too.”

“Brendon.” Gabe cut in. “Stop.”

“What Gabe? You mad I got a piece of her pussy before you did?” He gave Sarah’s body a strong shove onto Gabe. “Don’t worry, she’s all yours now. I don’t need her.”

Sarah shot up, mortified and stumbled towards the door. More silence.

With no hesitation Gabe rose from his seat and grabbed Brendon’s collar before thrusting his body closer to him. Their noses touched. “Don’t fucking talk about her like that you prick.” Gabe’s teeth gritted.

“Hey! Guys stop.” Spencer sounded.

Gabe let out a growl before letting go of Brendon, throwing him to the ground, storming past his body, chasing after Sarah.

"I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it.
Ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not totally confident with this chapter, please do tell me if it's complete and utter rubbish. I'll change it if it is.
Thank you for all the reviews and subscriptions! I have over 200 people reading this story <3 that's incredible to me!
Only a couple of chapters left... there's probably going to be a sequel, so no worries
Check out my other Brendon Urie story "Memories"!