Back to Square One

Boyfriend

“You’re smiling like an idiot,” my sister pointed out as she walked into the kitchen with two trays of coffee.

“Am not,” I denied even though I knew that I really was. “Where’d you sleep last night?” I asked as I continued flipping the pancakes in the two pans that I was using, then checked on the waffles.

“The new house,” she beamed at me.

“What house?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

“Tristan’s and I’s new house silly,” she cooed as she went on her tiptoes and ruffled my hair and skipped to the stove and placed the cooked pancakes on a plate.

“Ew. Mental image,” I shuddered. “Don’t wanna know what you did last night,” I scoffed.

“You need to get laid bro,” she smirked at me.

“Aaaaah!” I yelled and covered my ears.

She just laughed at me. “What? Hazelyn didn’t give you any last night?” she chuckled. “Especially after that fight,” she busted out laughing, referring to Jack’s statement yesterday.

“Leave me alone,” I mumbled.

“You two were acting like an old married couple last night,” she teased, nudging my shoulder with her own.

I scoffed. “Not at all. She was being a bitch.”

“Why were you being a bitch to her?”

I rolled my eyes at my sister. “Steph, you should’ve seen the way she was treating me. She kept on pointing out my whorish ways and kept me from hooking up from Savannah.”

“You my brother are so oblivious,” she said shaking her head.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know her better than any of us. You really think she’d care who you’d hook up with? Has she ever cared about it? When did she start caring about it?” she asked and raised an eyebrow at me.

“Morning,” Tristan greeted as he walked in with two more trays of coffee, putting them down on the counter and hugged Stephanie and kissed her.

“Please not in the kitchen,” I pleaded.

“You and my sister both need to get laid,” he smirked. “Maybe by each other,” he laughed and Stephanie laughed with him as they walked out of the kitchen together.

“What’s up with those two?” I heard Hazelyn ask as she set down two more trays of coffee.

“They were shoving their happiness in my face,” I grumbled.

“What’s got your panties in a bunch?” she asked walking up behind me and looked over my shoulder. “Holy shit, gimme!” she squealed as she skipped over to the waffle makers, grabbed a waffle from the plate beside it and took a bite. “Heaven,” she smiled as she swallowed it. “Oh got you a green tea frappe by the way. Extra matcha right?” she asked and I grinned at that.

“Thanks,” I smiled as I flipped another pancake then turned to look at her. My jaw dropped. It was her hair. It was back to the way it used to be.

“Are you ok?” she asked me.

“Y-your hair,” I blurted.

“Yes?”

I grinned. “It’s nice,” I complimented.

She blushed and turned around to grab her drink, hiding her smile that I caught. “How’d Jerome run?” she asked with a mouthful of waffles and jumped on the counter next to the stove, facing me – changing the subject.

“Jerome?” I raised an eyebrow.

“R34,” she explained.

“You named it after me?” I smiled.

She just shrugged. “It was yours.”

“I’m changing her name to Hazel.”

“Why?”

“Because you worked on it,” I rationalized.

“I got it done,” she mumbled.

“You still can’t lie to me babe,” I smirked at her. “She drives well. Great suspension and transmission. The engine is very powerful. Is it running on 94 octane?” I asked her. She just nodded. “When’d you finish it?” I asked casually.

“4 months ago,” she informed me.

“You were here 4 months ago?” I silently asked.

“I uhh..,” she bit her lip. “Yeah.” I just kept silent. “Go get dressed and cleaned up. I’ll take care of this,” she said and hopped off the counter and bumped me with her hip, taking the spatula from me.

“What are you trying to say?” I asked her.

“You smell like a whore and you need a shower,” she beamed at me. I gave her a dumbfounded look and she returned it with an innocent one. “I’m just kidding. You smell like pancakes and I might wanna eat you up,” she winked, making my jaw drop for the second time in an hour. She laughed at my face. “Close your mouth, a fly might go in. But seriously, you look like shit. Go get cleaned up,” she said before pushing my chest slightly and motioned for me to get going.

“What’s this? Are we playing house now?” Kyle joked as he walked into the kitchen with Samantha.

~/~/~/~/~


“Hello?” I answered my phone as I was walking up the stairs.

“Meeting in two hours, don’t forget,” my mom reminded me.

“Oh shit. Okay,” I said and ran up the stairs two steps at a time. I jumped into the shower, scrubbing myself- then hastily got out, drying myself off and picking out a suit for the day. I blow dried my hair and styled it. I grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and ran down the steps.

“I have a meeting! I’m leaving!” I called out and ran into the dining room where everyone had shoved food in their mouths and stared up at me. More than half of them were still in their pajamas and still had bed hairs.

“Where you going bro?” Jason spoke up first.

“Work,” I said. “Yes I work. Now I gotta go,” I said. “Sorry guys, I’m sure Hazelyn can take care of you today,” I said to the three guests.

They just nodded and waved at me, and once again, their conversations continued.

“Wait,” Hazelyn called out and walked towards me. “Bring some food. You didn’t even get to eat,” she said as she handed me a waffle in a napkin. I took it from her with a smile and nodded a thank you. “And please look at yourself before you leave the house? You might leave the house without pants again,” she rolled her eyes and fixed my tie. “Better,” she said and pushed me out. “Please don’t kill the company!” she shouted out before I closed the front door laughing.

Kyle POV

“Come on girls, they’re not gonna stop bickering until tomorrow morning,” Kyle said ushering them into the Commander that we were using.

“Is Jay really mad?” Chelsea asked biting her lip.

“No,” I spoke up and got into the driver’s seat. “He’s being a bitch to her because she’s being a bitch to him. And when they fight, they’re mad at the entire world to piss each other off,” I nodded and started driving towards the Dolciani mansion.

“So, what’s the deal with them?” Savannah asked.

“Samantha, can you call the other cars please?” I asked looking at my beautiful girlfriend with a smile. She nodded and made the group call.

“So, the girls want to know about the Jay-Hazelyn story,” I said. Thank god for Bluetooth.

Everyone laughed. “It’s complicated,” Scotty said from between the girls. There were a chorus of agreements.

“So, tell us about it,” Savannah urged.

Everyone started pitching in into the story. From how they started, up to the time that Hazelyn packed up and left.

“So, Hazelyn just left without knowing the explanation?” Chelsea asked.

“Pretty much,” I nodded at them.

“So, what really happened with the Audrey girl?” Savannah asked. “The kid?”

“Well, we don’t really know for sure. But Jay never came home with a kid,” Samantha said. “He never talked to us about it and we never bothered him. We kind of kept our distance. For the longest time we blamed him for Hazelyn’s disappearance, but it was equally both their faults.”

“Oh,” Savannah looked down at her hands.

“I’m sorry to break it to you Sav. You’re a great girl, and that’s for sure because Hazelyn trusted you and you’re her friend. But you don’t have a chance with Jay,” Samantha bluntly told her. “Jay’s undeniably in love with Hazelyn. Even if he makes it seem like he’s not, we can see it in his eyes. So if you don’t wanna get hurt, you should stop.” My eyes almost bugged out of their sockets at my girlfriend’s statement. I knew everyone wanted to tell her that, but you can always count on Samantha to say it for everyone.

“We’re working our brains and asses off to get them back together to stop all this commotion and drama, and if you’re getting between that-,” Samantha was cut off though.

“Oh no!” Savannah looked horrified. “Jay’s a great guy and everything. But I know. I’m not interested in him like that. It’s just that it was fun getting a reaction our of Hazelyn whenever I play flirt with him. You can practically see steam coming out of her nose and ears,” the girl laughed. “I’m totally on your side on getting them back together.

We arrived at the mansion and all sat down in the sitting room.

“So, where are the two? They kind of disappeared,” Caleb spoke up after a moment of silence.

“Oh, they’re probably arguing in the middle of nowhere or something,” I smirked. “They’re probably roaming around the city and bickering at each other. Ryan would just keep driving so he has time with her.”

“Is this normal?” Savannah asked.

I nodded at them. “They can’t stay mad at each other though,” I assured them. They just nodded back and we all just looked at each other for a few moments. “So, when’s the plan coming to action?” I asked everyone. “Are you three in?” I asked the guests.

“Getting them back together?” Caleb asked. We just nodded. “Fuck to the yes.”

“Well, then. It comes to effect tomorrow. Here’s the plan….,” I smiled and started explaining.

~/~/~/~/~


The next morning, we all piled into the dining room where there were piles and piles of pancakes and waffles on the table. Hazelyn had told us where to sit and told us that our coffees were already set. She knew all our personal preferences.

After awhile of talking and eating, Ryan walked in and told us that he was going to work. He just mumbled a couple things before walking out. But not before Hazelyn stopped him and handed him a waffle then fixed his tie.

Everyone looked at each other, fighting a smile at the adorable gesture. They seemed so comfortable with each other, and the way that they cared about each other was just so natural. Even the guests saw through it.

“What are you all smiling for?” Hazelyn asked once she turned her attention back to us. “Get back to your food,” she ordered with an eye roll and sat back down with that special smile on her face.

“Like an old married couple,” Tristan snidely commented. Which earned an eyeroll from Hazelyn. I looked at Stephanie and then at Tristan who smirked back at me.

“Hey sis, mom told me you had a date tomorrow,” Tristan said.

“I do?”

Tristan nodded. “She set you up on a date with this one guy. I don’t know who but yeah, she told me to tell you.”

“What are you talking about?” Hazelyn’s face contorted in confusion.

“Well, she said you needed a boyfriend. And you needed to stop working too hard.”

“I had a boyfriend, and it didn’t work out too well,” she smirked.

Everyone fell silent. “That was years ago sis,” Tristan said to her.

“He cheated on me,” she stated bluntly.

“Hazelyn,” I sighed.

“I’m not talking about Ryan,” she informed me. My eyebrows furrowed and everyone started giving eachother questioning looks.

“What are you talking about?” Scotty asked.

“I had a boyfriend back in France,” she mumbled.

“Was he hot?” Samantha asked.

“Kinda,” Hazelyn cheesed. “But he was a bitch,” she added.

“He cheated on you?!” Tristan growled.

“Relax bro, Ryan broke his face already,” Hazelyn grinned.

“Jay knew?” Luke asked and she just nodded.

“He kinda cheated on me with Jay’s girlfriend,” she mumbled. “Ex girlfriend.”

“Which one?” I asked.

“Megan Fox,” she huffed. “Bitch,” I heard her mumble under her breath.

“Okay, wait. Hazelyn, you didn’t tell us you had a boyfriend. That’s a big fucking deal,” Tristan growled again.

“Relax T, it wasn’t even serious,” she shrugged.

“How long were you together?”

“6 months,” she shrugged once again.

“6 mother fucking months Hazelyn Mae!” Tristan boomed.

“Relax, it’s over, gosh.”

“Well, it’s over now, so you’re going on that date. Unless you wanna disappoint mom and dad,” he challenged.

She looked hesitant at first. “Fine,” she finally agreed.

Score.
♠ ♠ ♠
Daaaaang Tristan!
HAHA. their friends are evil. I LOVE IT! :D

Oh and I hope that once in a while my silent readers would comment =\ I wanna know wht you guys think ... (: