Back to Square One

Facebook™

“I- uh- sorry,” Hazelyn stuttered. “I shouldn’t have uhh- done that,” she mumbled, covering her face with her dark brown hair.

I just laughed awkwardly. “Well uhh- go get ready. We’ll go grab some dinner,” I told her with a soft smile.

She nodded her head and hastily ran walked to the bathroom. Once the door was closed and the shower started running, I plopped myself on the bed with a goofy smile on my face.

I quickly ran to my phone and dialed a number, quickly making a reservation for our dinner and ran to the closet, picking out a decent outfit.

“Hey man, relax,” Scotty laughed when he popped his head into the room.

I beamed at him. “Sorry, just a bit jumpy,” I laughed.

He rolled his eyes. “Obviously,” he chuckled. “But hey, seriously. Stay cool. Hazelyn accepts you no matter how sloppy you look,” he winked and walked away.

“Hey!” I protested.

“Heeeey,” he called back in a flirty tone. I shook my head and put on the polo that I had in my hand.

Hazelyn walked out of the bathroom in her towel, and her hair wrapped up in another one. “I uhh- forgot my clothes,” she mumbled before quickly walking to her closet and locked the door. A few minutes later, she emerged and we were on our way to eat out.

“May I take your order please?” the waitress asked us, batting her eyelashes at me.

“Yes, I would like some garlic bread to start off, and a margherita flatbread pizza for the main course,” Hazelyn said with a sickeningly sweet smile on her face. The waitress just rolled her eyes, and turned her attention back to me. “How about you babe?” she smiled at me.

The waitress looked even more irritated. “I’ll have the Bruschetta and the New Garden thin crust pizza,” I told her boredly and handed her the menu, keeping my eyes on Hazelyn.

I saw her stomp away through the corner of my eyes making Hazelyn and I both chuckle.

And just like that, the air was cleared.

~/~/~/~/~


“That was some good shit,” Hazelyn moaned when we got back to the cabin. During dinner, the first few minutes were a bit awkward until that stunt we pulled.

“I agree, one hundred percent,” I laughed as I kicked off my shoes. “You getting ready for bed first, or should I?” I asked her.

“I’ll go,” she said as she jumped off the bed and went to her closet, then walked into the bathroom.

My phone rang after I’ve put together my stuff for tomorrow, since Hazelyn once again invited me to join her on the ice.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey Ry,” my brother greeted.

“What’s up?”

“You think you can come in sometime this week?”

“Why, what’s up?”

“I’m gonna be out of town for another meeting for Abercrombie next week. Nate said he couldn’t go.”

“Oh uhm,” I frowned. “Yeah, I’ll come in tomorrow afternoon or something. I’ll talk to Hazelyn,” I told him.

“Okay. Wait, what?” he asked quite loudly.

“Huh?”

“Hazelyn? What’s Hazelyn got to do with anything? Isn’t she in training in Vermont?” he asked clearly confused.

I laughed nervously. “Yeah,” I slowly answered.

“Are you in the country?” he asked cautiously. “Are you guys back together?” he asked, this time quietly.

“Yes,” I answered his first question. “Yes for the first question, I uh- am in the country. Bu-but we’re not back together!” I cleared up, since I could practically hear his smirk through the phone.

“You totally slept with her,” he concluded.

“No!” I defended.

“You kissed her,” he laughed.

“I- uh… yeah,” I chuckled and looked at the closed door that lead to the bathroom.

“You’re whipped bro. Just get your ass over here within 2 days,” he laughed before hanging up.

I frowned and waited for Hazelyn to walk in.

“Hey, turn that frown upside down,” she smiled at me.

“I have to go back to Cali,” I told her.

Her frown mirrored mine. “Why?” she almost whined

“Work,” I sighed.

“Work sucks,” she mumbled. “Why do you have to run so many companies,” she huffed.

I laughed at her stubbornness. “Let’s just watch a movie and go to sleep. I have to leave in the morning and you have practice,” I smiled lightly at her.

~/~/~/~/~


“Hey bro bro,” Jason greeted as I walked into the house in Santa Monica.

“Sup,” I mumbled.

“Sorry to bring you out of your honeymoon vacation with Hazelyn,” he joked.

“Leave me alone,” I grumbled. “Here are the papers that I finished last week,” I told him as I handed him the stack of folders.

“Damn, glad you got to work with that fine thing around,” he winked. Then his face contorted in disgust. “No, that’s gross. She’s too much of my sister,” he said with a shudder. “Since you’re here, I’ll borrow your jet and get on my way to Italy,” he said.

“Whatever,” I mumbled as I went into my room and took in the messy environment.

I began cleaning right away

After a few hours, when I was finally contented with the cleanliness of my room, I decided to get on my computer and log onto facebook. I looked at the notification that said Hazelyn McD has accepted your friend request McD? She always had a soft spot for McDonald’s sundaes.

I laughed as I clicked on it, and I was taken to her wall.

Her last post was a couple hours ago.

Training :( I don’t have anything to look forward to when I get back home tonight :(

I laughed and liked it. I also decided to comment back.

Put your phone down. Go listen to Danny (: I’ll facetime you tonight so you’d feel like I’m next to you ;D

I stood up from my desk and went to grab some lunch, and when I came back, there was already a reply from her.

Psh. I didn’t mean you xP

Oh? Really? :( Okay then. Bye. Go back to training lazy butt

Just kidding. You know I love you! :D I’m having lunch with Scotty right now.

I know, I know. Alright. I’ll talk to you later. Call me when you’re done. I have to go work :(

Poor thing. Call you later handsome ;D Have fun!

I looked at the post, eyes widened. Is she kidding around? Let’s play her game. See you later beautiful :*

I chuckled at my reply. She was probably blushing like a mad man. I got a notification and saw another person comment on it.

Bleck! You guys are sickening. Ryan probably has a huge smile on his face, coz for sure you have one on your face. Just because we saw you getting it on yesterday, doesn’t mean we wanna read about it too

Oh scotty.

Fuck you Scotty. Watch out, I’m about to shove a sandwich in your face.

I laughed at how childish we seemed to be. I like how we are now, even though we’re not together. But we’re friends and that’s all I’d ever ask for. I’d rather have her in my life as a friend than not have her in it at all. She’s worth that much to me.

For a few more days, it went on like that. We’d comment on each other’s page and post on each other’s walls. We’d send links of songs to each other and everyone would pick on how cutesy we were being and Hazelyn wasn’t bothered one bit.

If we’re not online, we’re texting constantly and there too the guys would take her phone and start texting me. And at night, we fell asleep to each other’s voice video-calling.

One morning, I woke up without a good morning from Hazelyn. She usually got up earlier because she started to train earlier in the day since it got dark real early now. In the past week, I was used to falling asleep with her voice and waking up to the same thing.

But there was nothing today.

I waited the whole day while I was in the office, working. I was tapping my and drumming my fingers impatiently. I finally decided to text her, but no reply. After a couple hours, I decided to call her but her phone was off. I tried the guys’ phones, but theirs too were off. I figured it was because of practice.

I suddenly started to get nervous and went home after I finished half my work. I opened the door to see that Hazelyn was inside, sitting on the couch. I was relieved and put a smile on my face as I entered the house even more. I was about to greet her, but somebody else greeted me.

“Jay!” was the girl’s shrill cry as she ran towards me and flung herself at me. She immediately began sobbing, and I hugged her tight, confused to what was wrong.

“Deanna, what’s wrong?” I asked the little girl, fully aware that my ex-fiance’s eyes were burning holes on my skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLYYYYYY...
NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE EPICCCC!!