Back to Square One

Epilogue

~~Hazelyn POV~~

“Holy fuck please get off my sister!” Tristan shouted, making me quickly back off Ryan. My eyes searched frantically for my dumb, and saw him stumbling out of a bush,

“Tristan!” I heard a loud whisper from the same direction.

“I got that on video!” Luke shouted from the other side of the driveway.

“Same!” I heard Gabriel from a few feet away from us, making me jump.

“What the hell are you guys doing here?!” I shouted as everyone started emerging from everywhere around us. From the trees, from the bushes. Everywhere.

I saw everyone around us. And I mean, every fucking one of my friends. Well most of them- Kyle, Samantha, the crew, Stephanie, my two brothers, and Sandra. And I saw Deanna and Audrey exit the house, with a smile on her face. Didn’t her husband fucking die?

“What is happening?” Ryan asked cautiously.

“Well, you wouldn’t do anything. So we decided to do something,” Gabriel smirked.

“What are you talking about?” Ryan asked.

“He means that I’m alive, and that my two beautiful girls here are in on it,” Leon said coming out from somewhere I didn’t know.

“Holy Shit, man!” Ryan shouted and gave him a man hug. “You almost gave me a fucking heart attack. But seriously, what the hell?!”

“Jay, relax. Hazelyn and you are back together, right?” Audrey asked, eyeing us.

“I uhh- I don’t know,” I said out loud as I looked up at Ryan that looked down at me with a shy smile.

“Go ask her man!” Scotty pushed me towards him and he instinctively caught me, setting me on my feet properly.

“Oh, and by the way, if a girl gets pushed towards you - she likes you,” Kyle laughed. I blushed and stood a couple of feet away from Ryan.

“How do I ask her with you guys staring?!” Ryan glared at them.

“Turn around everyone!” Jack said, and everyone whipped around.

“You guys are silly,” I chuckled.

Ryan laughed and looked at me. “Haze, would you be my girlfriend?” he asked. “Again?” he bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck. “I mean, if you don’t and if you wanna take this slow, it’ll be totally fine, I mean it’s up to you and I don’t wanna-,” I cut him off in mid-sentence with a kiss.

“You blab when you’re nervous too,” I told him as I pulled away.

“So, what does that mean?” he asked, looking at me hopefully.

“You dummy, it’s a yes!” Leon laughed smacking him.

“Is it?” he asked me for confirmation.

“Maybe,” I smiled at him.

“Hazeeey!” he pouted.

“Yes, Dolciani, it’s a yes,” I laughed and his smile widened even more as he engulfed me in his arms.

“Well, now that this is done, we have to go,” Scotty said. “We kinda ran off on Keir after Hazelyn decided to talk to you. And it was perfect because we had a plan all along, and it was a fool-proof plan. Hell, we even had a plan Z!”

“You guys are bastards,” Ryan laughed as he hugged me tighter.

“So, when’s the wedding?” my brother asked.

“Tristan!” I snapped.

He just shrugged. “Hey, you can’t tell me that you have no intentions of getting married soon. You’ve been apart for three years,” he said.

I blushed as I looked down on the ground, finding it fascinating.

“Just leave them alone, hon. Let’s go. They have stuff to take care of,” Stephanie said smiling at us.

We bid everyone goodbye, and the guys left to go back to the East, mumbling about how Keir would kill them.

All that was left was Audrey, Deanna whom was fast asleep, Leon, Gabriel, Samantha, Kyle and of course, my Ryan.

“I’m glad you’re fine,” Ryan said to Leon solemnly.

Leon smiled at him and nodded. “I’m glad you two are back together.”

“Yeah. I told Ryan to grow some, but he didn’t,” Gabriel scoffed.

“Leave me alone,” he mumbled.

“We’ll leave you two,” Audrey winked. “Oh and Hazelyn? I’m so sorry,” she apologized to me.

“Apology accepted,” I smiled at her and hugged her with Deanna between us. Deanna woke up and looked up at me and saw her dad.

“Daddy,” she smiled. “Hi.”

“Hey there little girl,” he smiled.

“Did Ryan get his girl?” she asked.

“He sure did,” Leon answered his daughter and pointed over at us.

“Hi,” the little girl smiled at me.

“Hi,” I smiled softly.

“You’re pretty. Just like how Uncle Jay described you,” she giggled.

“Is this true, Dolciani?” I laughed as I looked up at him.

“Definitely,” he laughed as he kissed my temple.

I looked back at the small girl. “You’re pretty cute yourself,” I smiled.

“Thank you,” she giggled.

“We’ll leave you two to talk,” Leon laughed. We both nodded at them and bid them goodbye as well.

“How about you? Aren’t you gonna leave?” I asked Gabriel, Sam and Kyle.

“Not until you thank us,” Kyle scoffed.

I chuckled as I ran towards them and hugged all three of them. “Thank you freaks!”

“Now you don’t have to give us a dirty look everytime we get all cute,” Sam teased.

“Go away,” I laughed as I pushed all three of them away.
“Bye!” Kyle chuckled as he pulled Sam to wherever their car was parked.

“So…,” I laughed as I turned back to Ryan. He just stared at me. “What?” I asked, getting conscious under his stare.

“Nothing, you’re just,” he paused shaking his head and beamed at me. “You’re too damn beautiful,” he laughed and hugged me tight.

“I probably look like shit right now,” I mumbled.

“No, you don’t,” he confirmed giving me a hug.

“Look at that girl. She’s beautiful. She’s perfect. She’s prettier than me and she looks like she’s more grounded,” I mumbled as I saw a girl walking her dog.

Ryan didn’t even turn around, but he just hugged me tighter. “Don’t worry. There’s no other girl more perfect than you, so I have no reason to look,” he said, making me grin wider and hugged him tighter. “Let’s go back inside, yeah?” he asked and I nodded.

~/~/~/~/~


When I got back to Stratton, I had to go back to training.

I’ve been training for two months, and finally after all my hard work, I was on my last run down for the superpipe division. I had already won the slopestyle this morning, and sadly, Ryan wasn’t here to congratulate me. He though showed up on the big screen, apologizing and called me right after.

I looked at the ring that was on a chain around my neck, and tucked it in so it was safe. I then put on my gloves and strapped onto my board, and waited for Scotty to tell me it was my turn.

“Hey,” Scotty smiled as he sat next to me.

“Hey,” I smiled nervously.

“Are you nervous?”

“Kinda,” I breathed.

“Don’t be,” he assured, giving me a hug.

“Yeah,” I smiled at him. “Thanks.”

“You’ll do great,” he told me.

“Hope so,” I mumbled.

“I know so,” he told me. “But hey, somebody’s down there,” he said pointing at the bottom of the pipe. I saw a huge poster that I could read clearly from where I was.

Love You Babe ;D it has said and I saw him

“Your turn, DeLuca,” Scotty said as he pulled me up. “You’ll do great,” he said as he kissed my cheek. “Go get ‘em tiger,” he said and I was called up and I sent Ryan a flying kiss before I put all of what I worked on through the three months into the run.

I poured all my love and the excitement and everything I had into my tricks, and before I knew it, I was at the bottom of the pipe, my boyfriend’s arms around me and his kiss crashed with mine.

“You won, babe,” he whispered to me.

My eyes widened and I looked up at the scoreboard. A new record, and I was the last one, meaning I won. I let out a scream and everything else was a blurr. The next thing I knew, I was sitting at the side of the pipe with my boyfriend, half of the lights turned off.

“So…,” he started.

“So…,” I laughed as I cuddled into him.

“Proud of ya,” he told me.

“Thanks,” I grinned. “T’was all thanks to you.”

“Nah,” he laughed. “Anyways, I brought you here because I kind of found something,” he told me.

“Oh?” I chuckled.

He nodded at me and reached into the side pocket of his snowboarding pants. “Look,” he said as he handed me a box.

I took off my gloves and opened it. My eyes widened at the sight. It was our supposedly wedding rings from years ago. “Y-you kept it,” I smiled with tears falling from my eyes.

“Of course I would,” he smiled at me.

“I guess I should show you this, then?” I chuckled as I pulled the chain from under my shirt and showed it to him.

“I know, I’ve seen it a few times,” he chuckled as he inspected the ring.

“Ugh,” I mumbled.

“Sooo…,” he drew out.

“Soooo….,” I imitated him with an innocent look.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” he smirked.

“Oh? What are you thinking?” I asked innocently.

He rolled his eyes at me and reached behind my neck, and took the ring from the chain. He then pulled me up to stand, and he looked down at me. “You’re really gonna make me do this?” he pouted.

“Do what? I’m not making you do anything,” I chuckled nervously.

He rolled his eyes once again and got on one knee. “Hazelyn Mae Macintosh, you’re amazing and there’s nothing and nobody that could ever surpass what you mean to me. I don’t know what the fuck I would do if I ever let you go again, so will you please be mine? Be my bestfriend, be my wife, be my everything? Forever and Always? Will you marry me?” he asked.

Tears were silently running down my face. “I have some conditions,” I managed to sob out.

His face fell. “What?” he asked quietly.

“No more secrets, and please be a man and make me listen to you. And if you get off the ground right now and fucking kiss me,” I laughed.

His face beamed, and he quickly slipped the finger back into my ring-finger, where it rightfully belonged, and attacked me with a kiss.

“I’m never gonna let you go,” he said before kissing me again.

That's it (:
Thanks so much!
I'm gonna miss Ryan and Haze.
But I'll be starting another story soon! Hope you guys support that too! :D
Page 36 of 37
“I’m tired Ryan, where are we going?” I huffed as he jumped on my bed the next day after we had arrived from Vermont.

“Come on, I’m bringing you somewhere. Get ready and get dressed,” he said before exiting my room.

I groaned internally as I flipped over to my stomach and slowly got up, and showered. I was fully awaky after I got out and got dressed in a simple skirt and a plain v-neck shirt, and put a cardigan over it to keep me warm. Ryan doesn’t tell me to dress up unless he wanted me to dress up in a more dressy way.

“What’s so important that I have to be dressy in the middle of the day?” I huffed as I plopped myself on the couch next to my fiancé. Damn it sounded to say that.

“No more questions, let’s just go,” he smiled as he pulled me to stand up and dragged me out to the car.

“Where are we going?!” I whined.

“You’re adorable, but shut up,” he laughed.

“Babe,” I huffed.

“We’re almost there, relax,” he said. I listened to what he said and sat in my seat quietly, and inspected him.

He looked sharp in his jeans and in his polo that the sleepves were rolled up to his sleeves.

“You look nice,” I heard myself compliment.

“Thanks,” he winked at me. I immediately blushed, and put my hands over my mouth. He though, grabbed my hand, and held onto it. “Don’t be so embarrassed,” he cooed.

“Sorry,” I sheepishly grinned at him.

“I love you,” he said as he kissed my hand, making me blush even more.

I was contented with the silence, and kept my mouth shut, but I couldn’t deny that I was excited the moment that he told me that we were at our destination. I was then about to jump out of the car, but Ryan had my hand in his and he didn’t move an inch.

“Ry?”

“Haze, tell me, how much do you love me?” he asked.

I rolled my eyes at him. “How many times do we have to talk about this? I love you so much that it’s beyond words. And I can’t live my freaking life without you, no matter how corny that sounds. So please Ryan, stop asking because I’m never gonna love you any less,” I told him as I took his hand, and raised it up to my lips and kissed it softly.

“Just making sure,” he smiled softly at me.

“Now let’s go?”

“Are you sure?” he asked again. “Because you have 10 minutes to thoroughly think about this, because after that, you won’t be able to escape me. Ever,” he said seriously.

“Ryan! Shut up. I’m never gonna want to walk away from you, okay?” I told him, getting a bit irritated at his doubt.

“Okay, let’s go,” he said and took a deep breath before getting out of the car, and I followed suit.

I took his hand and he led the way to wherever we were going. And when I was done staring at my fiancé, I finally took the time to look around me.

City Hall . Yeah. That’s where we were.

“Holy fuck,” I mumbled.

“What? Are you doubting it?” Ryan asked worriedly as he turned to me.

“Are we gonna get married today?” I asked him with wide-eyes.

“Yeah, well… Just fill out the papers and stuff. I was thinking we have the big wedding after Nate and Sandra have theirs. So you know, we don’t steal their spotlight,” he said shyly. “I mena, we don’t have to if you don’t want to,” he started to blab. “Your choice, I mean I don’t wanna pressure you into-.”

“Shut up, and let’s go get married,” I chuckled as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the building.

Turned out that his sister and my brother were already in on it and that they were gonna be the witnesses. There wasn’t really a ceremony. Just papers and signing and paperwork.

My sister-in-law (two times over) instantly squealed and gave me the tightest hug the moment we stepped out of the building.

“I’ve waited 4 years for this!” she said to me, her voice breaking, and a tear rolling down her cheek.

“Why are you crying?!” I chuckled.

“I’m just so happy that my brother had stopped being a dumbass and finally did something right!” she squealed.

“Hey!” my husband protested with a pout.

“I’m proud of you,” Tristan smiled as he stole me from his wife. “You too,” he said to Ryan. “I’m happy for you. Indescribably, and unbelievably happy,” he said giving me a hug.

They had to leave quickly because of some stuff they had to take care of, and Ryan and I were left to walk to the car with goofy smiles on our faces.

“Soo…,” he chuckled.

“Sooo….,” I copied.

“How does it feel to be Hazelyn Mae Dolciani?” he asked, looking down at me with a goofy smile.

“Ehh- I don’t know,” I pouted.

“Hey!” he pouted as he poked me on the side.

“I think I’d rather keep DeLuca as my last name,” I said thoughtfully as I glanced at him. His face literally dropped, and so did his arms. “I’m just kidding babe. I love it,” I said to him as I clung onto him.

“No really,” he told me seriously.

“I love it,” I told him, as I pecked his lips.

“You’re gonna be the death of me,” he mumbled as he kissed me again.

“Save it for later,” I winked as I pulled away, and laughed at his stunned expression. “We have to go to the bank and finalize the financial stuff,” I frowned.

“Well, our Chase bank account is still kind of uhh… joined,” he told me sheepishly.

My jaw dropped. “Our American Express and Wells Fargo are still joined too,” I told him.

“You didn’t close it?” he asked.

I shook my head. “I figured that the AmEx and Wells Fargo accounts were the ones you barely checked, so that’s where I set up the company’s finances and well, we share the company and it was too much of a hastle. And the properties too. That’s why I told you that I couldn’t take the hotel in france back, because it would still be under your name. Why didn’t you close the Chase bank account?” I asked.

“It was actually the bank account I’ve been saving up on well, for this,” he said as he motioned towards our rings.

“So, the Florida Condo was for this?” I asked shyly, and he just nodded. “Well damn, I guess we’re gonna have to go straight to wherever the fuck we’re gonna have our honeymoon,” I chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Ryan POV]
A year from that day, Hazelyn and I finally got out wedding. As in our real royal wedding with all the Papz, all the family and all the friends. And of course with all that spending that both our parents wanted to go all out on.

So today, our 18th anniversary from the original wedding was taking place. We were both hapilly married and barely fought.

“Mom! Can I please get a car? Can I at least borrow that Subaru that we’ve had in the garage for years? Jake left me at school today!” my second child, my daughter Mikayla shouted once she entered the house.

She finally came into sight, looking like a younger version of her mother, whom was in my arms. “How’d you get home?” I asked her.

Well, let’s say our children didn’t know of our history. Hazelyn and I bought a much more simpler house to raise a family in. We kept it on the down low to stay out of paparazzi’s eyes. We still worked, but since we had practically everyone in the family, we got weight off our shoulders.

“I had to get Kale to give me a ride home,” she huffed. Kale was Kyle and Savanah’s son. I looked down at my wife, whom gave me a smirk.

“Where’s your brother?” I asked.

“Well, he’s out somewhere. I saw him get into the new girl’s car after school today and he left his car out in the parking lot,” she told us.

“That sounds familiar,” Hazelyn laughed.

I shook my head and on cue, my eldest son came into sight. “Chicks suck,” he huffed and waltzed into the room, and threw his bag on the couch.

“What happened Jake?” I asked.

“You’re not gonna understand, dad,” he huffed. “I don’t know why all chicks have to be so damn difficult,” he mumbled and plopped himself on the couch across from us.

“Why did you leave your sister at school?” Hazelyn asked with a strict voice.

He finally looked up at Mikayla that was staring down at him, with her arms crossed. “Holy shit! I’m so sorry Kayls! It totally slipped my mind,” he apologized. I was glad that they got along as much as Stephanie and I did, even though they weren’t twins, as Jake was 17 and Mikayla was 16.

“It’s okay. Now, tell us why this slipped your mind,” his sister smirked. “Somebody didn’t wanna suck face with you bro?” she teased.

“Shut up Mikayla,” he growled.

“No, really. What happened,” his sister said.

“Well, there’s this girl. This new girl in school. Yesterday at the store, the one I work at?” he asked.

Well yeah, we know how much you make in that store a week, and we’re the ones that are paying you, but you don’t know that.

“Uhuh?” I said instead. I wanted my kids to grow up differently as I did. I never had to work for anything, and I guess that turned out bad in the long run. So I decided that my kids had to be different. They had to understand responsibility.

“Well, the same girl walked into the store yesterday. I tried to hit on her, it didn’t work,” he admitted lamely.

“Let me guess,” I laughed. “She’s not like other girls.”

He looked at me, mouth agape. “That’s just creepy. How did you know?" he asked me.

“Jake, Mikayla, I think it’s about time that you hear the story how your mother and I met,” I laughed as I looked down at my wife, whom still had that same playful smile on her lips. Her the eyes that made me fall in love with her in the first place were still the same vibrant color even after all these years were still twinkling like the stars above.

My life was complete. The woman in my arms was my world.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sad that this is over. Especially after my rewrite, this story just meant so much more to me.
I hope after you guys read stories in the future, you guys would still remember this <3
:'( But yeah! Here you go! I'll be working on a new story soon, but I think I'll plan that one better than this :p