‹ Prequel: Yours Truly

Different Perspectives

Faults

A week pasted on. Danielle's grip around Mark began to tighten, his eyes would still wonder back to Jenny.

Danielle was a fake person, she'd keep her innocent act for another while. Not even her parents knew her. Jenny was officially accurate and not insane like she thought. She'd give anything to be with Mark again. She was cowardly with emotions and difficult to read at best.

She pasted on a smile to Mark, though she was angry at him; their relationship was gone and it was her fault.

Mark smiled back. He's so happy without me thought Jenny. He was alone, he walked over to her. ''Hi'' he said. He'd always greet her that way, it was like Jenny to obsess over the little words he'd say.

''Hello'' she greeted Mark shyly. ''How are you?'' He asked. I'm terrible and I miss you she thought but she knew this would be just a simple small talk conversation. It was like she was a random passerby to him and surely nothing else. ''I'm okay'' she answered far too quickly, she felt Danielle would arrive any minute.

''Danielle isn't here'' he told her, reading her mind basically. ''Oh is she not?'' said Jenny pretending to have little interest. On the inside, she was happy and desparately wanted smile.

''What about you? How have you been?'' she asked him keeping eyes away from him. She felt her face would give her away, she was a bit paranoid at times. ''I'm okay'' he said, it didn't sound convincing but maybe it was awkward to have a conversation with her. It was polite of him to make conversation with her. After all it was her fault not his, that their relationship ended.

She smiled at him weakly and was tempted to hug him so closely but did not.

Suddenly the conversation was interupted by his phone call. He looked at his phone. ''Danielle'' he told her annoyed, Jenny felt a bit confused, the conversation they were having wasn't exactly brilliant.

''Hey'' he said. ''Yeah okay, yes'' he answered. She heard Danielle hang up. ''I have to go Jenny'' he told her. Jenny was about to wave goodbye but instead he hugged her.

Jenny never wanted to let go.