Status: This one is done. Check out the sequel-No One Belongs Here More Than You!

I Don't Want To Solve Your Problems, I Have My Own

SEQUEL CHAPTER ONE

“Move in with you?” I asked. Evgeni nodded, his curls bouncing as he did so.

“We’ve only been together for a few weeks though,” I said quietly.

“Officially, yes, but knowing each other…no,” he muttered. I ran a hand through my hair and glanced around my shitty apartment. I knew that Evgeni would treat me right, and I knew that his place was definitely nicer than this, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to move in with him just yet.

“Geno…” I started.

“It’s okay,” he said, looking a little dejected. Even though everyone else called him Geno, I only called him Geno when I was about to let him down. I looked at my calendar. It was May 8th. I had graduated the previous Friday, and my brand new diploma hung on my wall next to the calendar. Evgeni had tried to coerce me into going to a game, but I was so nervous that I backed out. They were going to be in the conference finals, having defeated the Rangers 4-1, and then the Bruins 4-3. The Bruins series was nerve wracking, but I knew that they could do it. Evgeni laced his fingers through mine and kissed my forehead.

“I’m sorry,” I sighed.

“Don’t be. Too soon, I get it,” he said. I looked up and his eyes glimmered with an honest happiness.

“Okay…good,” I smiled.

“But if you won’t move in, I have other request,” he said. I raised my eyebrows.

“What?” I was almost afraid to ask.

“Come to games,” he said. I bit my lip.

“I dunno Evgeni…I mean…I just get so nervous watching. I love the Penguins, and I love you, so the combination is almost nauseating when I watch you here. I can’t imagine being there in person,” I explained. He frowned.

“Please?” he asked, giving me a puppy dog face. I scowled at him.

“Fine,” I said. He immediately smiled, spun me around, and kissed my cheek.

“You are the best!” he cried happily before picking up a bag he had somehow managed to hide behind my couch. I raised my eyebrows.

“What is that?” I asked.

“A little present for you. Combination one month, and first Penguins game gift,” he said, handing me the black bag. It was full of yellow tissue paper. So egotistical… I pulled out the paper and put it on his head, and he chuckled. I reached into the bag and my fingers brushed against a silky fabric. I grabbed whatever was in the bag and pulled it out, revealing a black and gold Penguins’ jersey. I grinned when I unfolded it to reveal MALKIN written on the back, with his number, 71.

“You bought me a jersey?” I asked.

“Yes. I want you to wear it tonight,” he smiled. I immediately pulled it on over my tee-shirt and beamed. It was a little long, but I had made it known that I would not wear a “shersey”. Ever.

“You look great,” Evgeni smiled before kissing my cheek.

“I only look good because it’s your jersey,” I teased.

“I know,” he shrugged, with a cocky grin. I punched him square in the chest and he feigned injury before tickling me. I collapsed to the floor in hysterics and he kissed me.

“Evgeni Malkin you are the devil!” I squealed after he stopped kissing me, and started tickling me again. He’s my devil though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm posting the first chapter of the sequel here, but it will be listed under a new story soon (I have to finish the layout). Hope that you guys enjoy it <3